Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Nokia C6-00 is hanging a lot

Counsellor
wizacvolk

if Satan_from_hell is true, then i wOn't listen the Hoax news, never & ever...  we want quick head up in these firmware updates... and what if this s/w could not be able to fix our paper weights?

:smileyindifferent:

You only live once, but if you work it right, once is enough ...!

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
PRAnJALH

OMG. $500!!???
Yeah, even I am sure that the problem can not be solved by just upgrading the Firmware. Any person with software/hardware knowledge can tell that. What happened to a company like NOKIA?
don't worry Satan_from_hell, your money is saved.
Please use plain text.
Advisor
arthz

@Satan_from_hell

They won't listen to you, because $500 is nothing compared to what they've collected from C6's selling around the world. This phone won't even worth $50 if you sell it, simply because no-one can use the phone.

@all

I'm sure Laitos will do something to make the new s/w release on-time, but I still doubt that Nokia Centers around the world will treat us as Laitos suggest them to. This, is something no-one can change, not even the smartest person at Nokia. And once again, 

I like this forum. Feels there's no country-limit between us all, and we're bond as one: victims of Nokia's devilish and selfish act (exclude Laitos of course, and please include forum moderators as they just editing our posts and never help us when Laitos takes all the blames)

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
wizacvolk

[ Edited ]

@all

I'm sure Laitos will do something to make the new s/w release on-time, but I still doubt that Nokia Centers around the world will treat us as Laitos suggest them to. This, is something no-one can change, not even the smartest person at Nokia. And once again, 

I like this forum. Feels there's no country-limit between us all, and we're bond as one: victims of Nokia's devilish and selfish act (exclude Laitos of course, and please include forum moderators as they just editing our posts and never help us when Laitos takes all the blames)

@arthz is correct!

Please use plain text.
CStrife

Gents

FYI, new software for some countries already exist

Nokia_firmware_RM-612_SEAP_20.0.038_v4.0.exe

Lets wait for other regions!

It is not FAKE, in PM I can say more.

I have no Idea about hangling.... But Laitos told about news in friday - I think There is good news))

Everybody in waiting,

PS - sorry for my English, It's not my native language, I'm from Russia.

Russia trust in you Laitos!

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
devamumbai

Hi,

1. I bought my C6 on 2Oct and then I came to know that C6 is updated on 13Oct.

m i able to use that updated version of C6?

2. Another thing; I am also facing same problem of hanging. My piece is in Nokia Custody now (Delhi Headquarter).

Head phone port not working as well.

3. I already downloaded some applications from Ovi Store then format my memory card bcz of virus issue, but now ovi store not allowing me to download those application again. (eventhough i created new ovi mail id)

Please use plain text.
Sage
pdab

CStrife wrote:

Gents

I have no Idea about hangling.... But Laitos told about news in friday - I think There is good news))

Everybody in waiting,

@CStrife,

SEAP means South East Asia & Pacific, but what is interesting is the version number. I did read about this in couple of other mobile phone discussion forums. I would wait for an official software update either via Software updater or through this forum (via Laitos).

Thanks for your update!

Please use plain text.
Advisor
arthz

I'm from Indonesia, and it should be in SEAP area too. But yes, I think I'll wait until Laitos confirms that the software is real, even it would take more than a week.

Anyway thanks for the update.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
entergoku

i called nokia's customer care and asked him about my phone that i've submitted on 27th oct he told me that i would get a new phone
Please use plain text.
Sage
pdab

The Readme file of the package states:

Software version
-----------------------------------------
APE SW: 20.0.038
 - Localised production (Prd) images
CMT SW: RM612_ICPR72_10w28.1

Creation date: Sep 21 2010.

@Laitos - can you please let us know what this is? The list also has country specific versions. Thanks!

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
PiToMeN

[ Edited ]

Hi, guys.

Same freezing problem in sunny Bulgaria.

Covering sensors and replacing the memory card helped reducing the problem to 1-2 times a day, but it still persists. There is no Nokia Center in my country, so I have to wait the SW-update. I didn`t contact my service support, because they are just Nokia signed, but won`t know anything about the problem.

Anyway I don`t know if Nokia Supports here still collect information about the defective series.

Software version is: v 11.0.029

Version date: 11-08-10

Custom Version: 11.0.029.C01.01

Product code: 0599048

Operator: Mobiltel

Please use plain text.
npsingh

Dear Mr.Laitos,
Thanx. I was upset after buying Nokia C6 due to its hanging problem.Can you asssure that this will be fixed after upgrading the SW?
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
leonf777

[ Edited ]

CStrife wrote:

Gents

Everybody in waiting,

where link to info about firmware new(gde ssilka otkuda vzjal takuu infu? native man? =)?

nokia we want good working devices and not cheat!!!
The modification C6-00 to C6-01 it's only fix your errors... wy we must pay again for your errors???
Please use plain text.
CStrife

in PM)
Please use plain text.
Sage
pdab

One thing I didn't understand, why isnt the specific country S/w being sold in respective region.. for eg. I'm in India and the language option I got when I bought the mobile was English-Filipino; later on when I went to Nokia Care I requested them to change it to India... instead he loaded Euro_Euro_Black...

I now realise there is India specific S/w available - RM-612_SEAP_INDIA_QW_BLACK..

The end of call signalling and other telecom parameters vary as per country/ region... is this a problem in my handset because it hangs mostly after I end the call from a landline and at times after a call from another GSM mobile..? And my handset has Euro_Euro_Black.

Also, can anyone from India here confirm to me the language set option they have in their phone.. you can check by:

Menu > Setting > Phone > Language > Phone Language (when you double click on this, you will the languages listed by which you can know which country/ region your phone is set for)

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
wizacvolk

i am from India and i have got English & Filipino

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
wizacvolk

Happy Bhai-beej/dooj.

Please use plain text.
Sage
pdab

@wizacvolk,

Thanks! This beats logic - why is Nokia selling this language option in India when specific India S/w version is available? Can you check with your Nokia Care if they have RM612_India_Black s/w of 11.0.029 available with them?

Cheers & Happy Festival !!

Please use plain text.
parthis

Re: Nokia C6 is hanging a lot

did they released update software version

Please use plain text.
Sage
pdab

Re: Nokia C6 is hanging a lot

parthis wrote:

did they released update software version

@parthis,

No... the software ver now is 11.0.029.... but there are region/ country specific s/w ver available... We are awaiting more information from Laitos on the next version release date...

Hope this helps!

Please use plain text.