Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Nokia C6-00 is hanging a lot

Counsellor
PRAnJALH

@ ALL

Please note that just upgrading the firmware can not solve the Freezing problem. Any hardware engineer can tell you this.

For example, some people have just bought the new lot of C6-00 & their firmware version is 11.0.029 which is not hanging (according to them).
Same version of Firmware hanging in one phone & not hanging in the other... So software is not the issue!!! Then where is the issue????
Please use plain text.
Technical Expert
michaels

[ Edited ]

Elbarba wrote:

@ Vandelay

@ Laitos

• As for me, following NCC Spain directions and recommendations, Vandelay & Laitos are nobody who we can trust in. They are not technicians or high level directors with decision or action power. Vandelay & Laitos are just a Nickname hiding communicators trying to calm down our souls.

Vandelay is a senior manager within the Nokia Care organisation with responsibility over social web and internet-based communities, and as such he is responsible for Discussions and some official Nokia activity on independent services like Facebook and Twitter. He is in direct contact with the teams responsible for investigating and solving these issues, though he is not personally involved.

Laitos is directly involved with the programmes within Nokia that are charged with resolving the issues with the C6-00 and the information that he has provided in this thread comes directly from the horse's mouth. He has regularly updated this thread with news as and when he has been able to, and he has indicated a time when we hope that there will be movement on this issue which is not now far away. Of course, we all await his next update.

Laitos and Vandelay are based in the same Nokia office in Finland, and are both actively persuing answers on behalf of all forum users.

It is natural that shop-floor staff in contact centres around the world are not personally in touch with members of global management teams, this does not invalidate what either may say to you - our worldwide contact centre network is not able to comment on updates that may be coming to software or hardware of any particular device until the details are finalised because they do not have information on things that are still at the development or testing stages. There isn't a major international group in any business sector where this would be any different.

With this, we advise that we are temporarily locking this thread to ensure that as many of its regular visitors are able to read the following notice before we resume activity:

We feel that there are elements in this thread that are not constructive and not helping users, in fact some of the unhelpful comments are actually pushing the useful information out of sight; so whilst we fully appreciate the frustration of all customers who have experienced issues with their C6-00 devices, we need to remind everyone that Nokia is not ignoring this issue, or even this thread which has been highlighted to Nokia's senior management already; Nokia is working to bring a workable solution to all C6-00 owners as soon as it is humanly possible to do so.

This thread will be unlocked to continue at around 10:00GMT tomorrow.

Nokia Lumia - the fastest growing smartphone

If this or any post answers your question, please remember to help others by pressing the 'Accept as solution' button.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Netherlands

michaels wrote:

We feel that there are elements in this thread that are not constructive and not helping users, in fact some of the unhelpful comments are actually pushing the useful information out of sight; (...)

THANX SO MUCH!!!

also thanx for moderating, listening and helping!

C6-00 | RM-612 | code 059C307 | language 01 | sw-version 11.0.029.232.02
Please use plain text.

Better say 'thank you' when the problem is solved. Now it is absolutely useless.

Any news about new fw version for c6?

Please use plain text.
Todor_Ruskov

I stopped using the phone as a phone actually. I decided to use my old Nokia until all problems get solved. And because i got a "internet only" sim card from my operator, I use the device now just as internet tablet. And it didn`t hang a week already. But with this sim i cannot call, text and etc. The battery life is now 4-5 days, using wi-fi, bt and mobile net. Very interesting realy. But problems still exist, when using it as what it is.

Greetings

Please use plain text.
Advisor
ronal_ys

accidently hit the whitestar of michael's post, can't undo it, my bad..

His statement simply shown us how bad they communicate to each other.

It's already a global issue and most of the nokia care point around the world know nothing about it or given any instructions how to handle it that laitos was talking about.

So who can we trust here?
We don't have any choice than to trust nokia care people than u guys here.

@michael
Please tell them about the issue this model has, so we don't need to argue with them.

Thank you.
Please use plain text.
JohnRambou

For a start I want to apologize my bad english. I Haven't use english very much lately. Like a many other here. I am also very very disappointed to Nokia. I Have had 4 or 5 Nokia's phone before this one,and all of them worked great. I am just a student so at the moment I really don't have so much "extra" money to buy new phones all the time.

I bought this C6 about a month ago and I used it like 5 days before I got  tired to remove battery all the time. Still I dont understand how Nokia could let this kind of phone enter to the market. I think it is a little bit sad that I paid almost 300€ for a phone which I can not even use. I really want to know is Nokia going to compensate this all some way to the customers?

Please use plain text.
Advisor
step307

JohnRambou says: "I bought this C6 about a month ago and I used it like 5 days before I got tired to remove battery all the time."

All others together: "Hiiiii, JohnRambou!"

Guys, i think ther is anought information here ... it was good idea to freeze the topic ... lets keep it frozen with ability only for nokia employees to write.

P.S. I have nothing to you, JohnRambou .. just you are the last one ))
Please use plain text.
JohnRambou

Haha No problem :smileyvery-happy: . I was supposed to write here already a couple of weeks ago, but I was too lazy to register... :smileywink:

Please use plain text.
Advisor
RamyLora

:smileysad::smileysad: Plz Nokia Company : we all need our Right its much time to solve the problem its enough... really i cant buy another phone AND LOSE my money in C6_00 its unfair really ,,,,,,, really so bad we so sad :smileysad:
Please use plain text.
Contributor

Where is Laitos? He had to give new firmware!

Please use plain text.
Advisor
ad_k

Hi laitos,

I informed earlier that I have received the white c6-00 phone instead of my black phone.

Now our nokia care center told me that while replacing phone colour is not considered.

My questions are:-

1) I gave my phone for software fix, who did ask them to replace?

2) If you replace then atleast match phone colour. We are not machine, we can see colour, we have a choice.

Please advice what to do about this arrogant behavior of nokia care center.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
RamyLora

Pawelll150 wrote : Where is Laitos? He had to give new firmware!... Hahahaha u still beleive that it is SW problem .. hahaha it is Hardware problem and cant be solved with new Sw ,, I asked More people about that so No way :smileyindifferent::smileyindifferent::smileyindifferent: we need our right please
Please use plain text.
Advisor
Elbarba

ad_k wrote:

Hi laitos,

I informed earlier that I have received the white c6-00 phone instead of my black phone.

Now our nokia care center told me that while replacing phone colour is not considered.

My questions are:-

1) I gave my phone for software fix, who did ask them to replace?

2) If you replace then atleast match phone colour. We are not machine, we can see colour, we have a choice.

Please advice what to do about this arrogant behavior of nokia care center.

Hello ad_k

First of all let me tell you that there is nothing wrong with your phone.

Acording to our development engineers, the color is due to the reflection of the light, so there are no "white" or "black" phones (it depends on the light they are illuminated with). We´ve been testing the devices in our laboratories before sending them to the market and the so called "white" phones become also "black" when they are in a dark room...

Nevertheless it would help us very much if you can give us a color reference for the "white" and "black" colors you are referring to - as Pantone (R), ISO or True Color (R) - so we can find a way to fix the non-existing color problem in the future.

Meanwhile, to solve this non-existing problem, we'll be sending black markers to our "Look After Centers" so you can paint out you "white" phone. The Black markers delivery schedule would be: W47 for SE Asia, W48 For Europe, W49 for East Asia and W50 for Africa and Americas. Until that date you can keep using your "White" phone in a dark room, so you will not notice that there is a non-existing color problem. From the scheduled dates just go to your nearest "Look After Center" (it cannot be more that 50milles away from your home) and tell them to check on this forum for the instructions and they will be very glad to help you.That will temporally solve your non-existing color problem since the markers we are delivering in this first step are "temporary black markers".

Permanent black markers will be delivered to the "Look After Centers" in a future. Even if we don't have the detailed schedule yet, we can assure you that the distribution will begging from W2 - 2011. In the meanwhile we suggest that you don't touch your "temporary black painted" phone, since there is a high risk that you can get dirty. We also recommend not to paint the screen, since it would be hard to see through.

By W5 - 2010 we think we can find a solution for the owners of so called "Black" phones wishing a so called "White" one. We are working very hard in a solution.

I'll come with more news by the end of this week... But I have to leave now since I have a very important meeting that must have begun two hours ago... It's unusual that nobody called already on my C6-00 to advice me... OH NO!!!... The phone has hanged!!!

:smileyvery-happy:

Please use plain text.
Contributor
ugur55tr

Nokia is kidding ....

We want to know that "Solution is when?"

Nokia says Next week,  Next friday, Next Monday .... bla bla...

Wait Wait Wait .... SO HOW MUCH?

All c6 users cant use their phones? But all nokia workers are taking their salary... by the our money.... They are very very happy... They have no problem.

But i have a problem with my c6!!!  i had to buy new phone.. Did you know???? Did you hear? is it interest you?????

i dont want to hear about NOKIA from know... Nokia?? huh what is it? O yeeah... There was a company in old times... i could not  remember it...

End of my words... Bye. i am going to try legal ways in our country from now....

Please use plain text.
Contributor
rajalshah

hello !

It's grate news for me.... NCC had replace my C6 with brand new C6 from market (they say it is New lunched C6 after fix this problem) & after 12 hours I am posting this mesg to all..... The phone is not hanging for single time & it working suprb.

As my opionion there is hardware problem in some C6 mobile phones & we all have one of  damege piece from that. one more point is in my mind is that  Nokia 5135 is also look same phone like C6 & in this phone there is also Symbian 5 base software (Firmware) & all fetures are also same as C6 but it is work fine without hanging problems, so I thing there is no problem in SW but there is problem in hardware.

Finialy I got new C6 (after repairing my old C6 6times in NCC) from NCC & it's work fine within 12hours, after 24 hours or more hours my phone's result will share with you in this fourm again...

Hope you all also solve your problem as soon as early

Thanks,

Please use plain text.
svarshney

Gud One Mate :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
rokrz

It has been 6 days since and my repaired c6-00 from ncc not hanged even a single time.

I'll leave this forum from now on.

To all my friends who experience c6 hanging problem:

BRING YOUR DEVICE TO NOCIA CARE CENTRE!

:smileywink:

Please use plain text.
Advisor
justin86in

I got my 2nd replaced C6-00 today and gues what??? It **bleep** hung right after I signed the release form!!! And there also gave me a while color C6-00 and not the black one! This is damn frustrating!!! What in the world am I supposed to do?!! Can't the Nokie HQ in Delhi do anything right? For God's sake....can't it test the handset before sending it back?!!! I made the first call and it hung!!!

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
rajsada

Hi, From which city u bought it and on which date they replaced u r phone with new one? Was the email and facebook setup done on ur new phone?

Please use plain text.