Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Nokia C6 is hanging a lot

Counsellor
C6_owner

[ Edited ]

I've updated it too

20.0.041 Now

I will post my observation of the new firmware after some usage

Please use plain text.
Employee
laitos

[ Edited ]

Elbarba wrote:

Spain OK

v 20.0.041 intalled in my phone.

Will wait until W49 if there are no important news.

good luck to all

thnx Laitos

Thanks Elbarba :smileyhappy: I just realized that I forgot the SW release version details. 20.0.041 is correct for C6-00 (RM-612), 20.2.041 is for C6-00.1 (RM-624) and it's good to hear that the updates are working.

As has been stated before, this SW release should reduce the amount of freezing at least somehow, but it won't solve the freezing problem entirely and that's the reason why PR2.01 will follow in two weeks.

edit: Added the explanation for 20.0.041 and 20.2.041 SW releases

Please use plain text.
Contributor
lale

Hi.. I am from India Bangalore and I too have been able to successfully update the firmware..Fingers crossed....thanks Laitos and ur team behind this...i just hope my cell becomes bug free ASAP Regards Sumit
Please use plain text.
Contributor
jegnath

UAE ok
V 20.2.041 (RM-624) installed my phone
Please use plain text.
Advisor
Elbarba

[ Edited ]

Hmmmm... I'm so sorry for this post...:smileysad:

First feedback:

After "auto-lock" enabling the phone freezes again. This time is different: The middle touch white light is blinking/dimming (in the previous bug this light didn't blink) but none of the touches are responding to unlock the phone.

I'll keep auto-lock option disabled until W49.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
TerenceLeong

@Elbarba

Off your breathing light under light notification setting.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
Elbarba

@TerenceLeong

I'll try that, thanks...

I also like the way you call that light as "breathing"... I'll adopt it!!!

The truth is that the breathing light allowed me so far to confirm that the phone was on, and not freeze...

I like that breathing light:smileytongue:

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
C6_owner

Re: Nokia C6-00 is hanging a lot

one bug noticed til now: if you try to use dial pad in horizontal position without opening the keyboard it wont rotate.
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Netherlands

Still no update available with NSU...

Still no update available with Ovi Suite...

Still no update available with FOTA...

I have 11.0.029.232.02

Netherlands languagecode 01

C6-00 | RM-612 | code 059C307 | language 01 | sw-version 11.0.029.232.02
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
vjnaik59

@ Laitos

Sir, 

Plz help me out of this....!!!

Firstly, i receive a very strange error as

"NON-COMMERCIAL SOFTWARE INSTALLED ON YOUR DEVICE" while updating my c6 from OVI suite. And the update process just quits.

Secondly, i would like to know, what is the difference from updating c6 with "OVI Suite" and "NSU"..???

Please Reply and suggest me...

Thank You

Please use plain text.
Contributor
sabidin

new update.. same sh*t!!!
Please use plain text.
Advisor
Elbarba

Elbarba wrote:

Hmmmm... I'm so sorry for this post...:smileysad:

First feedback:

After "auto-lock" enabling the phone freezes again. This time is different: The middle touch white light is blinking/dimming (in the previous bug this light didn't blink) but none of the touches are responding to unlock the phone.

I'll keep auto-lock option disabled until W49.

This bug actually happened twice as soon as I installed the new software, but I really cannot say that it happens all the time.

I should've wait to confirm whether it is a permanent bug before posting it.

My apologizes.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
daanlt

Nokia updater service not available from lithuania

Please use plain text.
Contributor
v3n3

If you would read laitos´ posts with attention you would know that the NEXT Update will fix the hanging issue ;-)
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
wizacvolk

Please NOTE THAT, MAYBE THIS PROBLEM MIGHT HAVE FOR EVERYONE, WHICH ISABOUT 'WAP INTERNET'

WHEN I PUT PROXY ADDRESS & PORT which is 8080 for my operator... When I click back itautomatically switch 8080 port to 0

I am unable  to use WAP connection with this C6-00

on the other hand the same Sim working cool with my NOKIA 6233... Please review for this problem thank you

Regards

Rahul.

You only live once, but if you work it right, once is enough ...!

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Netherlands

[ Edited ]

wizacvolk wrote:
(...)

WHEN I PUT PROXY ADDRESS & PORT which is 8080 for my operator... When I click back itautomatically switch 8080 port to 0

(...)

Rahul.

No problems using WAP... Have Vodafone in the Netherlands...Port 8799

C6-00 | RM-612 | code 059C307 | language 01 | sw-version 11.0.029.232.02
Please use plain text.
alfaliow

Received from SINGAPORE!! THANK YOU LAITOS! :smileyhappy: :smileyhappy: really appreciate all your work. hope this software eases our despair until the final fix comes!
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
C6_owner

[ Edited ]

I have updated my C6 using Nokia Software updater  v2.6.3en

If you go here software update you will notice that there is still not the new version offered.

It would be nice to see the complete changelog for this update so maybe users could test them and give a feedback till the next update is released

Due to changes that Laitos posted:

- PR2 fixes an issue when device is frozen when QWERTY keypad is used

- Easy dialing from touch dialing

- Maps application updated to newer version

- In-Device tips added

- New version of the email application

- Loads and loads of stability and performance related fixes / improvements

Here are my opinions of the frimware version v20.0.041 RM-612

1. Dial pad is changed to the new one with smart dialing but the new dialer is much smaller (disadvantage!) and also it can not rotate if you rotate your phone without opening the keyboard (of course in the settings>phone>sensor settings>Turning control>all checked). The dial pad was bigger and auto-rotating in the previous firmware!
  2. Maps application updated and also added the new application named "here and now" that use your internet location and give you some service information like weather etc. - This works like a bookmark and is opening in the browser.
  3. Mail for Exchange now can be fully used. The problem from the previous firmware version was: if you try to reply or create a new e-mail from MfE it crashes and exit the application. Now it works just fine!
  4. If you go in the messages and set messages to be sorted by the sender instead by the time (Messages>inbox>Sort by>Sender), then exit and go back to the inbox again, phone reset sorting back to the Date. This issue is the same (not changed) as in the previous software version.
  5. Themes - Two (pink and petrol blue) new themes are now preinstaled.
  6. Tips added - as Laitos said "In-Device tips added" and folder 'Tips History' can be found: Menu>Applications>tools>my Nokia>
  7. Laitos statement "Loads and loads of stability and performance related fixes / improvements" I guess I noticed due to a faster "menu transition"

I wonder if I posted this at the right topic? I guess it would be better to move/create the new topic where we could discuss about the change log and maybe whislist for the new corrections to be made in the future firmware releases, like this one posted here link

using left edge of Navi™ key (scroll key) in full keyboard in purpose to go back in the menu would be totally logical and much appreciated for me!

I hope it will be implemented in some of the further sw updates. I guess it is not big deal to implement that option!

So I plead the moderator to move this into the appropriate topic if exist or we could make the new one?

Please use plain text.
gborz

There is no update available by me... :smileysad:

Any informations about the T-Mobile version?

Please use plain text.
Employee
laitos

gborz wrote:

There is no update available by me... :smileysad:

Any informations about the T-Mobile version?

Sorry, this update was only for so called "vanilla" devices. Operators (and some specific countries) have their own approval process and the updates have a slight delay (from few days to few weeks). In any case the PR2.01 will be the one to which the operators will update their device SW, so you'll have to wait for a bit longer. 

C6_owner: feel free to create a new topic and copypaste your post. I'll get to that thread as soon as I can. 

Please use plain text.