Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Nokia C6 Connection Problem

Registered Member
jonathanS

Hi There,

I experience the following problem:

I Set up internet connection with 2 Connection Points:

1) WLan at home

2) GPRS.

If I only use the wlan at home (internet is configured with only one way of accessing which is the wlan), internet connection is smooth and easy. Piece of cake.

If I only use the GPRS, even at home (internet is configured with only one way of accessing which is GPRS), everything very smooth and easy indeed, pece of cake but a lot slower than WLAN (which is normal).

The problem rises when combining. F.E. of I use the WLAN at home, I leave the house and I want to reconnect elsewhere, The device asks me to choose a connection Type. I Choose internet and the C6 automaticly detect the absense of the WLAN network and triens to connect through GPRS. So far so good. But no connection becomes available. The device reports that the connection can not be made. If I, then, open Maps first (which searches for GPS), the problem is still there. If I open en close a few times Maps, suddenly GPRS becomes active and other applications can use GPRS also. If, after 1 successfull connection to GPRS I try to reconnect to GPRS, it still works as a charm, als long as I do not connect to any WLAN.

When I get an incoming call when using GPRS, the phone freezes.

I contact te reseller which adviced me to update the phone's software. I did so and now am using the newest version with none of the problems solved.

Any Ideas?

The application I use the need internet are: Snaptu, Internet Browsing, De redactie (news reading software) Facebook, Foursquare, ForeacaWeather (which on GRPS always gives connection error 10).

Many thanks!

Please use plain text.
udjo212

Re: Nokia C6 Connection Problem

bro jonathan:
after you change connection, try to change destination:
setting - connectivity - destination - internet.

in internet, you should change first priority with your current use,the wlan you use, should be first priority..
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
jonathanS

My Wlan is set as the first priority internet connection. Both the GPRS and the WLAN settings are stored under:

settings - connection - destinations - internet. I tried to put GPRS in another destination (for example WAP) which dind't work as well. No solution so far, but thanks for the input anyway. Has anyone another clue?

Many thanks!

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
jonathanS

It can't be so that whenever I leave the house and want to connect to the internet, I have to chane priorities between GPRS and WLAN? For Example when I leave the hous i give GPRS priority 1 and WLAN Priority 2 and when I come home again I have to change it again. Kind of a strange way for a phone to manage connections. I understood it would be possible for the Nokia C6 to use both WLAN and GPRS/3G seemlessly the one after the other without the need for the user to change priorities and settings all the time. 

Please use plain text.
CBalu

i have almost the same. on foursquare if i use the same wlan, where i seted up first, piece of a cake. but i cannot use anywhere else. connection error, and unusuable waiting times... it seems its working only on the first used connection. any idea? C6-00, Hungary, T-Online

Please use plain text.
Advisor
shra1mail

hi to every body...

PLEASE PLEASE!!! PLEASE!!! solve my problem ...i.e., iam using nokia c6 and i don't want to use  ANY INTERNET CONNECTION  . but when i switch off and on... then it asks "connection needed"( either GPRS or wlan). i keep on pressing  no .  but no use becoz it still asks CONNECTION NEEDED  WITH  REGULAR INTERVALS.  is it a problem from the phone or setting problem???

and u know after  reading all the discussions in this site( related to my problem) i did all attempts  which did NOT SOLVED MY PROBLEM AT ALL...  the attempts are as follows....... 

1. wlan settings> kept in never run only but no use (still my fone searches 4 wlan/GPRS) 

2. deleted all internet applications from my fone but (still my fone searches 4 wlan/GPRS) 

3.deleted gprs internet setings ( here it searches only wlan  instead of both like above said) 

4.i feel like problem solved after pressing  no  for several times when it asks  CONNECTION NEEDED (BUT NO USE BECOZ THE PROBLEM REPEATS WHEN I SWITCH ON MY MOBILE)               

SO, PLEASE.....PLEASE.....DON'T GIVE ROUTINE SOLUTIONS(as i tried earlier but no use)  SOMEBODY WHO IS AWARE OF THIS PLEASE HELP!!! HELP!!! THANK U all for understanding my problem ..

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
dumpc6_00

Hi,

This kind of problem i have faced once.

This is a irritatating problem, i know b-coz it asks several time for the connection,

Like Voting and asks for Confirmation several time  :smileyhappy:

I don't know what i did exactly for this, But now i'm not facing this problem.

I think its Home screen problem.

or mail setup.

If you r running(setting up) any net conecting application on Home screen Examp Skype,E-mail,facebook.....

or this might be the major cause->

Setted up the E-mail(mail box).

Check it out on Home screen and Mail box setup.

-Thanks,

Thangad.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
shra1mail

thank you so much dude iam very thank full to you.becoz i deleted all INTERNET APPLICATIONS but i missed  email applications yaar. but anyway by the help of u ...my problem got resolved iam free of that particular problem yahooooooooooooooo.......thank u thanku!!

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
dumpc6_00

HI ! shra1mail !

Can you please close the BUG as Resolved which u have opened?

nokia c6 CONNECTION NEEDED disturbance problem

that might Help others.
Please use plain text.
Advisor
shra1mail

means? ok ........my problem got solved ! thanks alot
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
help122

I was also having the same problem of continuous connection. But I tried to stop by going to email setting and synchronisation reduced the retrieval schedule and it had worked. Just give a try. I think it will help

Radheshyam Singh
Please use plain text.