Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Nokia C6 video camera problem

Contributor
resh
Accepted Solution

Nokia C6 video camera problem

[ Edited ]

I bought a Nokia C6 recently and I'm facing some problem with video clips I took. The image suddenly freeze and the audio keeps running. I have updated the firmware to the latest and also reset my phone by unplugging battery, but Its still the same. And the worst of it, it becoming more frequent day by day. Now its not just freeze in the middle of the video clip, after I click stop recording it keep on shooting 5 to 10 sec with just blank image.

Does any one else facing same problem? Is there any fix for this?

Can any 1 help me?

Thanks in advance.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
27023231ash

ya...thats the same problem im facing too....exactlt the same,,,i m thinking to get my phone checked from nokia care centre

Please use plain text.
Contributor
karadjov

Hi, I have the same problem. It looks like it is something with storing the data on the memory card. That is why every day it becomes worse and worse, because you fill more and more the memory card.

If you change in settings "Memory in use" to "Phone memory" it will be OK. But this is only temporary solution.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
karadjov

Hi,

I was able to fix this for my phone.

As I said in my previous post, the problem was in writing to memory card. By default, the File System of my memory card was ‘FAT’. For ‘FAT’ file system, the cluster size is very big 32KB. Probably because the phone is trying to allocate a lot of memory in real time, while recording it freezes.

The solution for me was to back up my information on computer and format the Memory card in ‘FAT 32’ file system. ‘FAT 32’ uses smaller clusters and memory allocation is easier.

I do not know whether this is the right solution, but it is working.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member

hy karadjov...
Thanks for your solution.but could you please let me know,if we change the file system into FAT32,will it affect the others files?such as games,musics,etc...
Please use plain text.
Sage
h3csc

Same thing over here.

I think Nokia is responsible for another firmware update.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
karadjov

Hi 70_E,

FAT 32 is better file system than FAT and it includes all functionality of FAT. When you copy your data (games, music …) from your computer back to the FAT 32 memory card all the data will be transfer to FAT 32 file system and I do not think that you will have any problems. I did this transformation from more than a week and I have not seen any problems.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member

thank you very much...i will try it soon.and i hope it will work...
:smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
vijithcv

Hi 70_E

Did the solution work for you? Are u facing the same issues nowadays

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
MUE143

Hi is it working, i mean formatting the Memory card in to FAT-32

Please use plain text.
swapnilkolambe

Thanx i already tried this tips but now i m facing same problem..better u make changes on os and launch update for c6. worth handset i ever seen many bugs

Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
timkamat

So I need to format the memory card to FAT32 on my pc, right?
In Love With My C6-01:Now running on Nokia Belle!
Please use plain text.