Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Nokia C7, Connecting internet using proxy via WLAN...

wasenhorn

Nokia C7, Connecting internet using proxy via WLAN(college firewall LDAP)

Hello guys,

I recently bought Nokia C7 and am lovin' it but I cannot connect it to the internet using our institute server, which requires a username and password authentification (called LDAP username and password), so here is what happens:

-> The phone successfully connects to the WLAN

-> but in order to use internet, i must get through our proxy which is a certain ip address 192.168.x.x on port number x

-> authentification needs to be done using username and password which i already have.

It would be helpful if anyone could provide me step by step procedure to do this. I am sure it is possible only i dno the correct config. Any help would be appreciated!

Kind Regards

Rahul

Please use plain text.
Counsellor

Re: Nokia C7, Connecting internet using proxy via WLAN(college firewall LDAP)

goto menu->settings->connectivity->settings->destinations->Internet->You WLAN SSID->options->Advanced settings.

Hope that helps.

Please use plain text.
wasenhorn

yeah i entered the proxy address and port number but whn i try to use the web, using the default or opera mobile it just continues to flas loadin bt doesnt load.. normally(on pc) it would ask me for username nd password

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
hadimassa

Usually, you get redirected to the company or uni's homepage to log in. Ask your IT dep for this home address and provide manually.

‡Thank you for hitting the Blue/Green Star button‡

N8-00 RM 596 V:111.030.0609; E71-1(05) RM 346 V: 500.21.009
Please use plain text.
hemantsg

I too have simlar issue with my C7. I can connect to Wi-Fi with authentication put at EAP-Plugin setting with EAP-LEAP, and I have also put proxy ip and port as you have mentioned. However while surfing I get a challange prompting to enter proxy authentication and password. Can I store these credential as well somewhere so that I can surf as soon as I enter into this Wi-Fi zone? I saw it is possible in Apple iphone.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
badurski

Has anyone fixed this issue? I posted something similar about trying to save user id and password for authentication against proxy servers on an N8 but no one responded ... seems nokia doesn't care much for this :smileyfrustrated: .... i saw somewhere that this can be done using the Nokia Configuration Tool, so I tried it out ... it has placeholders for the information but it does not get saved to the phone

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
jagoan

setting-connectivity-settings-network destination-add new access point-wlan-your wifi-save to internet
go to internet-your wifi-option-advance settings
Please use plain text.