Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Nokia C7 Display problems/ scanlines effect

Hanif89

Nokia C7 Display problems/ scanlines effect

I was going to combine this with my other post, but seeing as the two issues are unrelatedm i decided to creat a new Topic.

So the phone is on the PR1.2 software.

The Screen has a flickering effect, especially if you set the brightness to the lowest and block the ambient light sensor to simulate darkness, which is where I noticed the flickering scanlines the most, on light/white backgrounds, like you get on old TV's?. Also, sometimes touching the screen causes a slight change in the hue/colour of light backgrounds, going from a blue-ish white to slightly yellow.

Is this a manufacturing defect? Do any other C7 users experience this?

Please use plain text.
Contributor

Re: Nokia C7 Display problems/ scanlines effect

I have bought this phone last week..its an amazing phone. However, i could see a thin horizontal line on top of my screen just below the secondary camera and the light sensor... that is very much visible on lighter backgrounds... is this a manufacturing defect can it be fixed??

Please suggest!!

:smileyindifferent:

Please use plain text.
Sage
lvvine

[ Edited ]

Yes even i am facing the same issue.scanlines show up more in outdoor.

Will we get the display replaced (Problem with Display screen) or its software issue ?

Can any one help me on this. Do anybody else facing the same issue ?

Please use plain text.
Paine

I have the same problem as yours though not the scan lines you were mentioning about. My problem was the slight change in color / hue when touching the screen. I noticed this especially when texting due to frequent touching of the phone.

My phone also has the purple tint display defect and I don't know both problems are related.

Hope Nokia will do something about this. It's quite disappointing.

Please use plain text.
Hanif89

[ Edited ]

To the other poster, that mentioned a thin horizontal line bleow the Videocall Camera, that seems to be a manufacturing defect. You should get it replaced.

So then its confirmed that the wavy scanline effect in low brightness is a manufacturing defect? Seeing as not all C7 owners are experiencing this?

EDIT: About the purple tint, do you mean the physical Display has it? Or the image on the screen?

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
phonehacker

vedavyasa86 wrote:

I have bought this phone last week..its an amazing phone. However, i could see a thin horizontal line on top of my screen just below the secondary camera and the light sensor... that is very much visible on lighter backgrounds... is this a manufacturing defect can it be fixed??

Please suggest!!

:smileyindifferent:

I do not think it is something you need to worry about. I have noticed the same on my C7 and it does not really bother me. I think it makes it more beautiful:smileyhappy:

If you want to thank someone, just click on the blue star at the bottom of their post

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
phonehacker

Hanif89 wrote:

To the other poster, that mentioned a thin horizontal line bleow the Videocall Camera, that seems to be a manufacturing defect. You should get it replaced.

So then its confirmed that the wavy scanline effect in low brightness is a manufacturing defect? Seeing as not all C7 owners are experiencing this?

EDIT: About the purple tint, do you mean the physical Display has it? Or the image on the screen?

Replace the screen? Why? There is no reason to do this and there will be no difference, i suppose.

If you want to thank someone, just click on the blue star at the bottom of their post

Please use plain text.
Sage
lvvine

Couple of my friends have Nokia C7. I compared and checked they do not have this problem.

Set the phone wallpaper to plain white wallpaper. It is more clearly visable & even when you use your phone is out door it can be see clearly.

Its Display issue..
Please use plain text.
Paine

To: Hanif89

The purple tint i was mentioning about is when you lock the screen and you press the menu key, the upper half of the analogue clock is purple / brown.

Anyway, I'm not really bothered by the change in hue / color when touching the screen of the phone. it's just that sometimes i notice it especially while i'm texting at night before going to bed.

I would really like to have an explanation about this from nokia and probably a solution also.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
phonehacker

Paine wrote:

To: Hanif89

The purple tint i was mentioning about is when you lock the screen and you press the menu key, the upper half of the analogue clock is purple / brown.

Anyway, I'm not really bothered by the change in hue / color when touching the screen of the phone. it's just that sometimes i notice it especially while i'm texting at night before going to bed.

I would really like to have an explanation about this from nokia and probably a solution also.

You may not receive an explanation directly from nokia here. You may use the 'Contact Us' button at the top of the page.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
jerusm

I also have a horizontal, line that is lighter than whatever is showing on the display at the time. It is especially visible when the phone is showing white or light displays. I noticed this the second I turned my phone on for the first time and I saw the Nokia startup animation play. I thought it would go away after the screen got warmed up or whatever (as it was my first AMOLED), but it never did. It isn't much of a bother, but in addition to the purple screen issue I have, I certainly won't recommend Nokia to anyone anymore.

Please use plain text.
Sage
lvvine

Hi jerusm

Its 100% Display fault, Take your C7 to Nokia care and they would replace your display or even your phone. If under Warrenty.

Please use plain text.
Hanif89

[ Edited ]

Okay, so the Purple Tint, I dont have that. That is DEFINITELY a manufacturing defect and needs to be replaced.

The Scanlines which appear on low brightness settings [which is the only Screen issue I have], Is ALSO a manufacturing defect as not all C7's have this problem.

Conclusion: Like all Consumer electronics,  some Nokia C7's have shipped with Defective AMOLED displays. If you have a Display defect described in one of the posts above, Nokia Care will be the only solution to this problem.

The Catch: I dont trust these "Nokia" Care centres, more often than not my previous phones have come back with physical defects after being taken in for a repair. Like dust on the Screen, a Broken LCD rubber seal, or a Missing Videocall Camera Lens Cover. Yes it gets that bad!

Having someone rip my phone apart to replace the Display, only to put it back together with parts missing seems  like a hassle, that me as a paying customer shouldnt have to put up with.

Surely a defect as widespread as this deserves a phone replacement?

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
av8rboi

the purple tint is a very big problem. I can't watch half of my videos. And its just not the purple tint its the color gradient which is more problematic. The videos are not smooth and the colors (grey to brown shades) appear distorted. Destroyed whole of my viewing experience and to make matters worst they don't have any solution to that. And moreover they are not pulling off the models back. They are just waiting innocent people to buy defective models. Shameful for a company like Nokia..

Please use plain text.
Professor
Vangelis290189

Another Nokia victim here ! mine has a defective screen along with other problems . the whole phone is a piece of junk
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
phonehacker

Vangelis290189 wrote:
Another Nokia victim here ! mine has a defective screen along with other problems . the whole phone is a piece of junk

Sorry to hear...

Please use plain text.
Sage
lvvine

I took it to Nokia Care, Got the display replaced still its the same. Nokia care commited that all the new display are comming with the scale lines on it. Even the new Phones are the same.

I check the New C6-01, even that has the scale lines on it. Its visiable only to the White background.

Things are going worst day by day at Nokia, They are producing Junk Products.

100% customers will opt other product & other company where there is value for money they spend on the product.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
av8rboi

[ Edited ]

seriously don't take your shiny C7s to care centres. they dont' have any fix. they will just destroy the fit and finish of your product. Please don't do that.

Please use plain text.
Sage
lvvine

Yes you are right, But i was lucky nothing got damaged. As i gave they returned the product. Dont know have they changed the display.

Its almost Know issue will all the new C7 's . Before buying check it out and decide.

Please use plain text.