Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Nokia Windows Portable Device Driver

Contributor
dephead2004

Nokia Windows Portable Device Driver

I have Nokia Suite 3.5.21 beta installed on a brand new Win 7 PC 64bit. Worked fine on Win XPSP3.

I am finding repeated instances of the following device driver being installed every time the phone connects by Bluetooth or cable. Naturally this happens each time the phone connects after sleep mode and so there are dozens of instances of this device driver installing itself. It would be nice if it did it once and then no more.

The event log says that this is a WPD-ClassInstaller and reports that "drivers were succesfully installed for device WPD_NOKIA_ then a string"

So far I have disabled Nokia Stereo and remote control in device manager.

I have stopped WPM Network service and PDES in MS Config

Can anyone help please?

Please use plain text.