Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Phone Autolock Period disable.

AbhilashC7

Phone Autolock Period disable.

Hello,

I'm using C7-00 phone. I'm not able to disable the Phone Autolock period. Whenever i tried to disable it is giving the error message " unable to Unlock phone". The Phone auto lock period is set to 15 min. Even i'm not able to change this auto lock period to some other value.

Please help me out in resolving this.

Thanks,

Abhilash

Please use plain text.
AbhilashC7

Re: C7 Phone Autolock Period disable.

Is there any solution for this other than going for "Hard Reset" ???

Help me out!!!!

Thanks,

Abhilash

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Buztwig

Re: C7 Phone Autolock Period disable.

[ Edited ]

Sadly no other option - This is how I did it -

put phone in <Offline Mode> (press power off and select) then press Call and type *#7370# (Will erase all data on phone memory - not SD card - so back up first)

This worked for me - tried other solutions I found, but only this one worked.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
dlmiles

FYI I have this exact problem on an E6-00, for me it is stick on 20 mins.  The funny thing is I setup the "Lock code" and "Autolock period" to 720 mins and it worked for a the week I've had the phone.  Then I think I was presented with a "Tip of the day" kind of notification with I think a "Show" and "Cancel" (in relation to advising me that some function or other is best used with auto-lock)  and I picked show, little to know knowledge it reconfigured my phone in such a way that the setting is stuck on 20 minutes with no way to change it.

I should have worked out that, oh, you'd already set that up, nothing for me to do.  Or it should have been a lot more informational about what things it was going to configure for me, maybe the button should have read "Configure" not "Show".

More details in...

/t5/Eseries-and-Communicators/E6-00-auto-lock-disable-notification-light/td-p/1262717

Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
thetao

When you try to disable or change the phone autolock, does it prompt for your lock code? I believe it's supposed to. Try this: change the lock code to something else. Reboot and then change it back to the original code. Now try disabling the phone autolock. I believe this once fixed a similar problem in another forum.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
mikeEU

Guys thanks for this post. I'm having the same issue as author of this topic, and i tested advice of of , unfortulatelly it won't works. this is bad, I was hoping that this iritating symbian bug would be over but i still get error "Unable to lock out your phone" on my Nokia E6 :smileysad:  it's really hard to fing any good solution for this on internet, I'm searching web but google mostly gives me **bleep** topics, I also try to set 700 800 or whatever minutes to lock but unfortulatelly 5 - 20 is availbe as usual, this is really pain on the a-ss, if anybody have any clue about it ? It would be great to fix this up. Thanks !

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
romanticbeat

i have also auto lock problam when i restrted device

Please use plain text.