Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Sim Menu in Nokia C3-00 cannot be open / accessed....

Advisor
Marvzki_techi
Accepted Solution

Sim Menu in Nokia C3-00 cannot be open / accessed. Help!

I just bought my new Nokia C3 a few months ago and upgraded it to latest firmware. Few weeks past, a problem occured when I can't access the sim menu, I can only select it but can't open it. So, I restored it to it's Factory Settings (re-Format). And viola, I can now open the sim menu but all my downloaded apps are now invalid and can't open. :smileysad: Again the problem came back, can't access the sim menu. I tried removing my old sim and inserted a new one but still the problem persist. I don't want to reformat my phone again or I'll lose my expensive apps. Nokia techies help me!
Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
Iris9290

Re: Sim Menu in Nokia C3-00 cannot be open / accessed. Help!

Hi Marvzki_techi,

Welcome to the Nokia forum.

First of all, you haven't lost your apps so don't worry about that.

In regards to the bug in your phone, please hard reset the device. Take a back up with Nokia Suite by going to Tools > Back up. When making the backup, don't tick the Settings box as this will back up the bug. Now hard reset the phone with *#7370# and default security code 12345 unless you've changed this code yourself. Once the phone has rebooted you will have an empty phone.

Now click on the green icon in Nokia Suite and update or reinstall the current software. Once you've done this, click on Tools > Restore to place the back up back onto your phone.

You can get your apps back by going to the Nokia Store > My Stuff. If your are unable to redownload without having to pay for the apps again, contact your local Care centre with your IMEI (which can be found by entering *#06# in your phone), email address or Nokia account name. They will be able to resend the apps to you via a text message. The text message will contain a link with which you can redownload the already paid for app, without any additional costs. 

If the bug in the phone persists after a hard reset and software update or reinstallation of the current one, visit a local Care centre where they can check it out for you. You can find you local Care centre by visting your local Nokia web page and clicking on the Support tab.

Let me know how you get on.

Iris9290

If my post has helped you in any way, please accept it as a solution or click on the white star, so that other users will be able to benefit from it too.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
emesvem

We've tried it and IT REALLY WORKS! :smileyvery-happy: We highly appreciate it! THANK YOU SO MUCH! :smileywink:

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Shelly2013

Thank you for posting...I believe I was led here for a good reason as I was contemplating seeking to get a NEW phone. But with this help, I have "renewed" my phone!!

Thanks to you and God :-)

Please use plain text.