Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Skype for Belle won't install on C7

Advisor
stamberiny
Accepted Solution

Skype for Belle won't install on C7

Hi all,

Recently on my vacation Ive realized it's time to reinstall skype after updating to Belle.
At first I tried the nokia store client. Skype was there (so its supported for c7??) but after download it didn't initiate install. download error it said. I tried downloading it and installing through ovi suite on my pc but to no avail. It did start the install on the device but then said that this version is not compatible with the device.. ? on nokia store I am of course logged in and it shows apps for my c7 allegedly . I then went to the skype mobile website which didn't even let me download skype but also snarled at me that the device is incompatible.
So my question is i guess: Why!?

skype ver: 2.01(23)
Nokia C7 running Belle

Anyone else have this problem?  A solution perhaps?

____ ____ ____ ____ ___
||W |||U |||E |||R |||S |||T ||
||__|||__|||__|||__|||__|||__||
|/__\|/__\|/__\|/__\|/__\|/__\|
Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
astra2025

Hi stamberiny

In order to fix this issue I advise you to visit the Nokia Store website from a PC and send the application to your mobile from there. 

If you still get the compatibility error message while installing it on your device, please reinstall the Belle update from Nokia Suite and try again. 

If issue still persists, please back up your data using Nokia Suite and perform a hard reset on your device. Type *#7370# on the keypad. Then try downloading skype again. 

Let us know how you get on and feel free to post any other questions you may have. 

Regards,

astra2025

Press the 'Accept Solution' icon if I have solved your problem, Kudos my post if my advice has helped you!
Please use plain text.
Advisor
stamberiny

Hi Astra,

thanks for the tip. I have nokia drop installed so the store uses it when not connected to ovi suite.

That to resulted in an error. I tried to install another app this way just for sports and it worked, so skype is definetly the bad boy here. I was really hoping not to go the reset lane as I have a lot of apps I downloaded when abroad which i cant download later from here.
but am I the only one with this problem? then a reset is inavitable. but maybe someone has  yet another idea. thanks a bunch anyways. If ill find a solution ill post it here.

____ ____ ____ ____ ___
Please use plain text.
Advisor
stamberiny

For every one who experience the same problem.. It is sadly somewhat of a time consuming hassle, but, re installing Belle did the job for me.
____ ____ ____ ____ ___
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
luckyjohn

stamberiny - are you saying your C7 Belle is capable of running Skype?

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
osama_moiz

stamberiny - are you saying your C7 Belle is capable of running Skype?
After reinstalling belle
Please use plain text.