Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Unable to un-install Nokia Connectivity Cable Driv...

Accepted Solution

Unable to un-install Nokia Connectivity Cable Driver and Nokia PC Connectivity Solution

I am having the same issue as many other users with Nokia PC Suite 6.8.
I am running Windows XP SP2 on a IBM R52. In the office, they installed the latest driver updates from IBM and since then, I cannot use PC Suite. So I upgraded to 6.8 to no avail.
I am getting the message when choosing "get connected" "there is no available connection type and therefor connection to the phone cannot be established....etc"
I used PC Suite Cleaner 3.4. It does however not remove the Connectivity Cable Driver and PC Connectivity Solution. So I tried that in Control Panel. I get the message "the feature you are trying to use is on a network resource that is currently unavailable. Click ok to try again or enter an alternate path to a folder containing the installation package Nokia_Connectivity_Cable_Driver.msi in the box below". I get the same message when I try to uninstall the PC Connectivity Solution.
I have also run registry cleaners, removed PCSuite, rebooted etc etc...
I feel that I must also remove the Connectivity Cable Driver and PC Connectivity Solution but I simply can't.....
help please!! thanks in advance...
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
manta

Re: Unable to un-install Nokia Connectivity Cable Driver and Nokia PC Connectivity Solution

You should always uninstall NOkia PC Suite and all other Nokia software through control panel - Add/remove programs prior to running the cleaner.
Where did you originally install Nokia PC Suite ?

My interpretation is that your PC is now somewhat messed up and it is really difficult to try to suggest any remedy.

If you have some IT personnel that takes care of your PC (as you suggest in your thread, I think), why don't you let them try to fix the PC ?
Please use plain text.

Re: Unable to un-install Nokia Connectivity Cable Driver and Nokia PC Connectivity Solution

i am currently having the same problem i am unable to remove data cable driver from the control panel. it is causing me no end of trouble. if you do received the soloution than can you let me know.
Please use plain text.

Has anyone cured this fault yet??

I would appriciate any help!

Many thanks

Vernon.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

I was undergoing the same problem and I just found a way to force uninstall Nokia Connectivity Cable Driver.

Windows Installer Cleanup utility is the solution. Follow the link to find usage instructions: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/290301

Use the utility to uninstall the softwares which obstruct installation (Nokia Connectivity Cable Driver and others) and then try to install Nokia PC Suite. It should work.

Good Luck,
Aaditya
Please use plain text.

Thanks for the information.

But I have nothing resemballing 'cable driver' or 'Nokia' in my add / remove programs. The problme I have is I am unable to find the program it is asking for to remove it!!???

Any further help would be great - sorry if I listed the problem incorrectly?!?!!?

Vernon :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

Hi, i tried EVERYTHING except a format

unnistall
install
used cleaner
cleaned reg (has suggested in this forum)
used windows installer cleanup

and its the same

http://i12.tinypic.com/5x8c2fq.jpg
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

Hello, I'm from Poland and I've the same problem.

I try to install 6.84 i was had 6.82.

I had uninstall first software, and when I try to installing, I have this error.

I can't find this drivers and uninstall it manually.

Please help me.
Please use plain text.

Unable to un-install Nokia Connectivity Cable Driver because of source on net
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

I had the same problem and the solution I found was a bit tedious - it involved many restarts and the software that was mentioned above plus an extra software: your uninstaller 2008. When you try it a few times, keeping an eye on "Add or Remove Programs" from control panel to make sure that pc connectivity cable is actually gone (and you're lucky), then the pc suite 6.85 might get installed, after all.
Please use plain text.
Contributor

Thank u very much.You saved me!!The Windows Installer Cleaner did the job..
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

Thanks!
This one solved the problem.

Zahid
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

Thanks. Windows Installer Clean Up help ME
Please use plain text.

22-Oct-2006 10:38 PM
dutchkiwi wrote:
I am having the same issue as many other users with Nokia PC Suite 6.8.
Recently because of some destructive viruses obliged reinstalling Windows XP SP2 on my lapTop-Dell Inspiron 6400 again. I installed the latest driver updates from the internet and since then, I cannot use the letest version of PC Suite. So I tried upgrad it to (Nokia_PC_Suite_rel_7_0_9_2_eng_web) .
I am getting some error messages when getting started installing above mentioned version of pc-suit. As yow know to reinstall a new program windows first remove the existing one throuh the system.
I used windows install Cleaner cleanup to clean the cable drivers and pc connectivity . It does however not remove the Connectivity Cable Driver and PC Connectivity Solution. So I tried that in Control Panel. I get the message "the feature you are trying to use is on a network resource that is currently unavailable. Click ok to try again or enter an alternate path to a folder containing the installation package Nokia_Connectivity_Cable_Driver.msi in the box below". I get the same message when I try to uninstall the PC Connectivity Solution.
I have also run registry cleaners, removed PCSuite, rebooted etc etc...
I feel that I must also remove the Connectivity Cable Driver and PC Connectivity Solution but I simply can't.....
help please!! thanks in advance...

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Stalingraddd

[ Edited ]

Here are all versions of Nokia PC Suite / Nokia Connectivity Cable Driver . Just download and reinstall/uninstall

Also i monitored my Nokia PC Suite 7.1.51 with Total Uninstaller so here is a script for uninstall :

http://www.mediafire.com/file/ao17ifuvox5pxbp/Nokia_PC_Suite_eng.Uninstall.zip

P.S.  To use the *.tun script, import it from Total Uninstaller main window

Moderator: We have removed your link to a forum that is not in the English language.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
phutamnguyen

Hi, I tried with Windows Installer Clean up and it worked. Hehe, thanks
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
banistersmind

I too have been unable to upgrade my Ovi Suite to the new Nokia Suite for my Nokia C7 because of this same issue.

I have followed all of the suggestions posted by others both here and elsewhere and I am still getting the same error message. 

I am convinced that I have removed all traces of Nokia from my Windows Vista SP2 laptop but the problem persists. 

Has there been any new information regarding this issue?

Please use plain text.
rogk

This worked for me (Windows 7 64-bit):

1. Download and run Microsoft Fix It (the Windows Installer Clean Up Utility is no longer available). Choose the "Diagnose and fix program installing and uninstalling problems automatically" troubleshooter and locate the PC Connectivity Solution. Uninstall it.

2. Go to your Control Panel -> Programs and Features. If the PC Connectivity Solution is still on the list, uninstall it from there as well.

3. Run the Nokia_Suite_webinstaller_ALL.exe as-per normal. It should now install.

Hope this helps!

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Vidhit007

I too had the problem.I tried many soft's but only MS Fix It helped.

Microsoft Fix It is the software you need to solve this problem.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
hamleth

[ Edited ]

There is a Mocrsoft Fixit program that may solve this issue.

Moderators: Link removed as it links to Non -English website.

Please use plain text.