Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Unable to use my phone as a modem on Windows 8...

Mobile Guru
Srikanthsd
Accepted Solution

Unable to use my phone as a modem on Windows 8.

Hi,

When I connect my nokia 701 or my C3-00 to my Laptop running windows8 as a modem, It connects perfectly for the first time but when I disconnect the internet any connect back, the phone never connects to the internet again.

I have to restart the laptop to establish the connection. Because, it connects without any problem when I restart my laptop!

So this is a bug in windows 8?

I have tried connection via both usb and bluetooth too and it doesn't work for the 2nd time.

Any Idea?

I have attached system information (via Nokia suite).

Thanks.

-------------------If this post helped you, click on accept as solution.------------------
-----------------------------Appreciate by clicking on white star.----------------------------
Please use plain text.
jekiboi20

Re: Unable to use my phone as a modem on Windows 8.

Hi 

Nokia Lumia 1020 - nothing comes close Nokia Asha 501 - super smart pocket power 

Follow us on Twitter Watch Nokia Support Videos

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
Srikanthsd

First I uninstalled PC suite with ease and then when I tried to uninstall Nokia suite it gave an error and then two options to repair and uninstall. I repaired it first and then uninstalled it successfully.

I restarted the laptop and started to insatall PC suite again. It Installed it successfully and I tried to connect to the internet with my 701. But, it connected successfully for the first time and never for next attempts.

After this,I closed the PC suite(file-exit) and installed Nokia suite.

It installed successfully and I tried to connect to internet with my 701 again, It connected successfully AND for the many attempts of disconnecting and reconnecting again, I thought problem is with PC suite and Nokia suite resolved it.

But today, both via Nokia suite and PC suite(I'm not using them simultaneously, I close one of them first, as adviced.), it connects for the first time and never for next attempts. So problem is still there even after reinstalling them.

No solution even after reconnecting the cable or it won't even connect via bluetooth to the internet too(Both using 701 and C3-00). But ok with the WiFi.

Also note that my Windows 8 is updated.

Thanks.

-------------------If this post helped you, click on accept as solution.------------------
-----------------------------Appreciate by clicking on white star.----------------------------
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
Srikanthsd

[ Edited ]

Well, I'm sorry sir.

There are no issues now. It connects perfectly.

Reinstalling both PC suite and Nokia suite solved the issue.

Thanks anyways. :Huh:

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
Srikanthsd

Oh no. It is happening again. :smileysad:

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
Srikanthsd

Recent hard reset to my 701 fixed this issue. No problem connecting and disconnecting again and again.

Thanks.

Please use plain text.