Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: WiFi with WPA/WPA2 security - Connection probl...

Mobile Visionary
blitzkid
Accepted Solution

WiFi with WPA/WPA2 security - Connection problem

I recently changed my modem and configured it to connect to the internet. The internet connection is working fine. But when I try to connect to WiFi using my phone, I always get authentication failed message. If I delete the access point and reset it, it shows the same message but also shows default EAP settings saved. For some reason, its the only security mode that my modem offers. I'm not able to browse the internet via WiFi. Any help configuring the WiFi connection to work with my phone would be greatly appreciated.
blitZkid
Nokia C7: Running on Nokia Belle
"If I'm helpful in anyway, a click of appreciation on the star would be nice"
Please use plain text.
Professor

Re: WiFi with WPA/WPA2 security - Connection problem

What modem are you using? (manufacturer and model number)

EAP is probably incorrect setting unless you are using EAP-PSK, you should just be using WPA/WPA2 with Pre-shared key only.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
mechanimal82

I've also found that if your modem is wireless-N (but you have no other N devices) that turning this off sometimes helps. Took me ages to work out why my phone wouldn't connect... turned my router to a/b/g and it connected straight away.

If I have helped you, please hit the star at the bottom of my posts - it's appreciated!
Don't forget if your problem is solved to press the "Accept as Solution" button.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
blitzkid

jacobsladder wrote:

What modem are you using? (manufacturer and model number)

EAP is probably incorrect setting unless you are using EAP-PSK, you should just be using WPA/WPA2 with Pre-shared key only.

My Modem is Beetel 450 TC1...

blitZkid
Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
blitzkid

I upgraded the firmware of my modem and was able to change the security mode of my home WiFi connection. Now am able to connect my phone to WiFi at home. Thanks for all your help.
blitZkid
Please use plain text.