Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: c2-03 Is it dual Sim active? or Simply Dual Si...

Registered Member
romilphogat
Accepted Solution

c2-03 Is it dual Sim active? or Simply Dual Sim Standby?

Hi,

Just a question as I am planning fo it.

Does both sim works simultaneously? What if we are busy on one cell and get a call on 2nd sim? Do it shows call waiting or not reachable?

Which colour you bought and how did you find this phone overall.

Thanks

Romil

Please use plain text.
Professor

Re: c2-03 Is it dual Sim active? or Simply Dual Sim Standby?

[ Edited ]

Seems to be dual standby according to the manual (see page 5 for details) http://nds1.nokia.com/phones/files/guides/Nokia_C2-03_C2-06_UG_en.pdf

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
jimmyireland

Its a Dual Active Mode,so you will get notice of other sim working if on the other.

If  i have helped at all a click on the white star below would be nice thanks.

Now using the Lumia 1520
Please use plain text.
Professor

How can it be dual active when,

The manual, page 5:
Both SIM cards are available at the same time when the device is not being used, butwhile one SIM card is active, for example, making a call, sending or receiving a message,or uploading or downloading data, the other is unavailable.

that description sounds more like dual standby (I thought dual active would mean both SIMs are operational all the time)

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
romilphogat

Thanks much guys....

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Paulang

Both sim cards are active concurrently ie. they both are on standby to receive calls & sms. When calling, it will ask through which sim. You can also preset which sim to receive calls, sms or data to safeguard unintended data access etc. It is the same as those cheap dual sim card phones from China which I loved. Save u d trouble of carrying and re-charging 2 cellphones when u want to separate phones for work and personal. Only diff with the china phones is that this one made by Nokia. Overall, this phone is quite lame, the pictures are not good. The maps for this phone are different from those in my Nokia X7, an excellent navigator. The maps for this phone are those plain jane maps. Having used the Ovi maps for X7, i know the pleasure and confidence in moving around with my X7 but not the C2-03. On the other hand we must understand the price of C2-03 is a small fraction of X7. In other words, the C2-03 tries to give you a bit of this and that of it's bigger brothers. You get what you pay. Overall, I would still say it is a good phone. Its like trying to spray paint your car, you can buy a good compressor with expensive gun for a professional job or you can also buy spray cans for a quick fix. C2-03 is a can of spray paint... if u dont mind.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Powersecret

My question is that can both sim be active such that i can receive call on either of the sim, when phone is idle?
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
jimmyireland

Dual standby only

If  i have helped at all a click on the white star below would be nice thanks.

Now using the Lumia 1520
Please use plain text.