Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: c3 imgcache

Registered Member
bonbonita09
Accepted Solution

c3 imgcache

what does this folder do? 

Please use plain text.
Sage
chromecat

That's a system folder that the phone software uses to temporarily store image data.

Nokia Lumia 520 3046.0000.1329.2001 RM-914
Nokia Asha 302 V15.09 22-05-13 RM-813
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
TheWanderer

Nokia C3. "imgcache" : When I try to open these files, I get the message "file format not supported" my questions are.... what generates these files and what purpose do they serve??

Please use plain text.
Ex-Technical Expert (retired)

[ Edited ]

Hi,

There is a FAQ for this imgcache.

http://europe.nokia.com/support/search?page=1&fullcontent=true&cat=support&cnt=1&qt=imgcache

Imgcache folder keeps appearing on my memory card of my Nokia device, Why (S40)?

This folder is a part of the photo gallery feature and automatically created by the phone. It is used to provide fast access to images. The files in this folder are previews of the images stored on the phone. If the folder grows too big it can easily be deleted by the user by following these steps:

Select menu -> Gallery -> Memory Card -> mark imgcache folder -> Options -> delete folder.

If one deletes this folder and uses the camera or gallery the folder will be created again.

Br

Mahayv

Please use plain text.
Hanzer23

Well, it grew too large for me so I tried deleting it.  It hung up the phone (which usually hangs up anyway, even with the firmware upgraded to 7 something).  When it came back up, I found that some of my photos in the memory card were missing!  Nice one, Nokia!

So what I did was this temporary solution:

I transferred all my photos to my PC, reformatted my memory card thru the phone (coz I found that I can't delete some of the .TEC files in the imgcache folder).  I transferred my photos back to my memory card and view my photos using Apps->Gallery and not thru the Photos tab in the main menu (which creates the imgcache folder).  This finally solved my hang problem also, which is a bonus as this phone hangs up pretty often.  My phone's been to the service center twice but they can't solve that problem even with the firmware upgrade and all.  Duh!

So main advice here is:  Don't use a memory card with this phone and if you do, don't view pics thru the Photos tab....and if you do make that mistake, always back track thru Apps->Gallery to see if the imgcache folder was created.  If yes, immediately delete it.  Mind you, this is my "temporary" solution to this problem.  I hope Nokia comes up with a more permanent one or at least a clear explanation as to why this is happening.

And yes, I've tried using several other memory cards both from Nokia and from Kingston with exactly the same results...so it's not the memory cards, Nokia...it's really the phone.

Please use plain text.
Ex-Technical Expert (retired)

Hi Hanzer23,

Thanks for your valuable feedback about imcgache issue.

I will forward to the R&D about this issue.

Br

Mahayv 

Please use plain text.
Hanzer23

Hi Mahayv,

Please do forward this as I'm really interested in knowing why this happened.  Please provide us with feedback as soon as possible. 

Thanks and cheers,

Hanzer23

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
kimmyfierce

I am really disaapointed with imgcache folder. It annoys me because everytime I take pictures then view gallery there it is again. Now I can not enjoy my C3. My phone won't operate unless I remove the memory card then I have to keep restarting it once I open the files in my memory card. It is really annoying to keep restarting your phone when it just freezes when I view pictures. I am not happy

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
tess_ma

Hey! Hanzer!
I did all of these stuffs. But still I couldn't view my photos :smileysad:
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Freemann

I wonder if hide the folder from windows explorer,will it work,or it will be still visible in the phone browser? :smileytongue:

MAKE FREE Skype CALLS WITH C3-01 TOUCH AND TYPE, X3-02 ,ASHA 302, 303, 311 AND MANY OTHER MODELS :
http://discussions.nokia.com/t5/Cseries/C3-01-VoIP-apps/m-p/1409497#M35157
DEMO VIDEO:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qGh1lZaoPBM
Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
singhnsk

Yes, you can hide it.

If you change the properties of a folder to Hidden via Windows Explorer, or any Java Application on your phone, the folder won't show up in the gallery.

But, it will be always there and will store the image cache.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
polistikoh

just update your firmware to 8.63 .. things will go smoothly.. no more imgcache thing will do.. hope this will help..

Please use plain text.

HI,

Sorry I do not know English very well, but I need help. My child has accidentally deleted some photos from my Nokia c3. I saw that these images would appear (by name and occupied space) in "imgcache" folder.

What chance have them back?? please help me, it is important to recover them.

:smileywink: ... I think I'm the only person who hopes to be saved in this file somehow. Unfortunately no backup had done, so I hope to have a chance.

Thanks a lot.

Please use plain text.

Hi, no answer to my message ...

Mr. Mahavy ... where are you? :smileywink:

I am very sad ... anyone .. anyone ..?

please!

Thanks in advance

Please use plain text.
Advisor
DSRN0KIA

Hi lolitalolita,

As you told that somehow you lost you images.
Unfortunately you can not retrieve those images back. And about imgcache it just store the images information not hole images.

Thanks
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Angel94t

Omw! The same thng happnd to me n i did the exact same thng -_- totally regret gttng this phone!
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
vladimirnesic

Can I open old .tec files contained in imgcache folder as images?

Please use plain text.
CrookerJet

Vladimir: no u cannot, the file in imgcache is a thumbnail file.. But is possible if u use pc to save a thumbnail into jpeg tiny file. That another chapter..
Please use plain text.