Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: c5-00 5 mp video recording freeze

astan802

c5-00 5 mp video recording freeze

i got my phone about 2 months ago. it worked fine for about a month, and then,  just like that, it started to freeze in the middle of the recording for about 2-3 secs, then started rec ok, and agaian freezed for 2-3 secs and so on. After i downloaded the movie and played it, it played the same as the recording(with the freezed sections, but with sound).

I checked the sw version(the last one), i changed the card, i formatted it.

The problem(for now) is solved by taking down the recording quality, but i dont want this to be a permanent solution.

Anyone got a better one?

10x

Please use plain text.
ztKostya

[ Edited ]

I have exactly the same problem.

I will add that record to memory card and internal memory behaves the same way.

The only way is to reduce video quality which is already not very good.

I have just upgrade to the latest firmware 181.003. Nothing has changed.

Any ideas

UPD: The problem seems to be in memory fragmentation and slow access speed. Have to use more quality/speed memory card class 6 or higher.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
wriddhy

what does class 6 memory card means ?
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
wriddhy

pls i have the same problem ...
if i lower the vidio quality it does records good but the quality is not satisfactory ..
so is there any thing i can do about it ?
will i change my memory card ?
Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
adrianhughes

hi mate, read this article for a rather simplified explanation of Classes in memory cards: http://simple.wikipedia.org/wiki/Secure_Digital_card

there is nothing you can do about it unfortunately, EXCEPT check for firmware updates for your phone via Nokia Suite, as these updates may have improved the quality of captured photos / video. Otherwise, changing a memory card, or any other measure, will not change the recording quality at all.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
wriddhy

hey guys who ever this guy is . . I jst love him . . . Xd . . . It is nothing but a memory prb . . . Jst use 2 gb or 4 gb memory card of a trusted brand . . . . Nd ur vidio will run in no time in high quality . . Xd . . . Thank you . .
Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
adrianhughes

Glad to hear your issue has been resolved :smileyhappy:
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.