Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

c6-01 low battery life

j0a0_V

c6-01 low battery life

Hello,

I bought a c6-01 and I really liked this phone in every way except on one thing, the battery life is very very low.

This are the official numbers:

Power Management

• BL-5CT 1050 mAh Li-Ion battery
  • Talk-time (maximum):
    • GSM up to 720 min
    • WCDMA up to 290 min
  • Standby time (maximum):
    • GSM up to 420 h
    • WCDMA up to 380 h

But the reality is very far from this, I will give you an example, on the other day I charged my phone overnight, in the morning it was fully charged, during the day I didn't do or received any phone call, I sent and received some sms's at the end of the day and the phone was already showing me the "low battery" sign. The battery lasted one day and on that specific day I didn't use the phone very much.

Is this normal on the c6-01? Can someone help me?

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

Re: c6-01 low battery life

2 things to note..

1. The specs show Indicative battery life under extreme ideal conditions.. NO backgroud applications running.. NO Bluetooth, NO WiFi, NO extreme temperatures, Excellent Signal strength, Optimised Display timeouts.. and so on.. and will NEVER be obtained during normal use.

..Its similar to what the Automobile manufacturers specify about the Milage..

2. You will get better results after about 6 to 7 recharges..

..but after that with Normal usage I think you should get atleast 2 days Battery life..

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
jimmyireland

/t5/Pool-of-Knowledge/Maximize-battery-performance/td-p/431669

If  i have helped at all a click on the white star below would be nice thanks.

Now using the Lumia 1520
Please use plain text.
j0a0_V

Yes, i know those are the number under ideal conditions and will never be obtained, through those numbers the user can get an idea of the phone maximum power capacity. But those numbers are very diffrent from reallity, my bluetooth is always off, so is the wi-fi and in most cases i have a very goos signal and no background applications. Like I said on my ohter post, there was a day that my phone had very little use and the battery lasted one day.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
jimmyireland

it will take a few charge cycles for the battery to stabilize either way.
the battery life is not fantastic but if you feel its very bad return the device to a nokia care point.

Now using the Lumia 1520
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
lauzd

Hi!

I have had my C6-01 for 2 weeks now.  I was getting about 18hours with minimal use, ie a couple of sms, checking the bbc website once and gps usage for 10mins.  I had all apps closed, power saving mode activated and widgets offline!

I got mine from O2, went into the store and they changed my battery without even asking when or where I got the phone..........I suspect I wasn't the first to have a problem.  Battery now lasts a couple of days comfortably with heavier use than before :smileysurprised:)

Maybe a bad batch of batteries?!

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
jimmyireland

It could be possible alright.

Now using the Lumia 1520
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
c6_01_user

You are not the only one who has the prob with c6-01  battery life. Me too, my battery lasts for about 2 to 3 days... And we are not alone, a lot of  people mentioned this earlier. I did some research and I found out that the monitor is responsible for low battery life! As we all know, c6-01's monitor is great, so if we want to take great pics and enjoy all those features we'll have to charge our phones more often! :smileyhappy::smileyhappy: I think that's the problem! If I'm mistaking please correct me! Or maybe, there's another, more serious problem with all c6-01 batteries...

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
ufareed

Yes, I now fully agree with you. After having used my C6-01 set purchased on 14 May 2011, I now find on 10 Sep 2011 that the battery drains out very fast even though all update, wireless, WLAN, Internet, mobile TV, etc applications have been switched off. I have to charge the battery twice a day despite the service provider signal being very good here in my area in Mumbai. I have been regularly updating my support software also (updated to Symbian Anna yesteday 09 Sep 2011) through nokia OVI suite, but the status of the battery power remains same. The nokia dealer from whom I have bought the phone has told me that the battery warranty is for 06 months. So I should approach nokia care centre who would resolve my problem. So far I have been able to understand that the nokia care centre is located in Bangalore ??? None in Mumbai. Why ???? Will I have to run to Bangalore every time? Pse help.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Charlesamora

What about a defect on the battery itself?
Please use plain text.
rforraina

I bought nokia c6-01 on 13th of Sept.'11 and am experiencing low battery life of the phone. It does not last a full day.  More important , i see that it takes not less than 3 hrs of charging till it displays that charge is full. It take about same time to charge every day. Is it normal.??

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

If you are not a HEAVY user and what I mean by Heavy is not only the duration for which you use your phone but also some of the applications that are battery drainers..then the battery life in-between the charges should be much more than what you are experiencing.. And if you have to charge it daily since you bought it on 13th Sept., then you have already crossed the other condition that to stabilise the battery should undergo some 6 to 8 recharge cycles...

..As per this, you should get the Device / Battery checked at Nokia Care..

BTW charging time may vary between 2 and 3 hrs depending upon the charge left and also on the Charger.. so it seems to be OK..

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
leonard1928

2 to 3 days is already ok  for a great phone like c6-01..:smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
kutasyk

Hi,

I had the same problem and was upset beyond upset.  The problem was that WIFI was set to automatically scan for networks! You have to disable this feature and change it to only scan when you need it.  Remember, wifi will eat up any battery, it does not matter on the phone, it is just physics! On the other hand, GPS does not nees that much battery at all and so do other applications runnin on the background! It is an excellent phone, just do what i said and you will see the battery going for up to a week or more!

Please use plain text.
Advisor
vulfajer

i have this phone from april 2011, with the 3g, a lot of instaled apps, 2 email accounts on push, 3 pages with on line widgets, 1 hour of call and 10-20 sms a day, it lasted from the morning to 22.00-23.00. Now from some days, with only one homescreen, with no internet connections, only some minutes in wifi, with about 1 hr of calls and 70 send/recive sms, displays set to automatic, it lasts 3 days or to the half of the forth day

Please use plain text.
Smyker17

I bought dis phone 3 months back n it still works fine...the battery is gr8...downloading songs, videos, softwares drains the battery a bit n for net surfing it easily does its works n da battery works smoothly...
Please use plain text.