Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: c7 GPRS problem....

Advisor
nidish5505
Accepted Solution

c7 GPRS problem....

i cannot connect to the internet...tried changing SIMs and its not the network prob.....tried restoring setting still not working....this error is appearing when connecting to web -- 'unable to perform operation' and above it shows 'connection failed' .prob started abt 6months after purchase.....SOMEBODY PLS HELP..................i've been trying to fix this for so long...............

Please use plain text.
Sage
torchaj

1. Try downloading your phone's GPRS Settings from your service provider, save it and make it default. then restart your phone and try using gprs.

2. I had a similar prob in C5-00 where a firmware fault prevented me from using gprs. I got my firmware reinstalled from Nokia Care Centre and that did the trick, so I would also suggest you to reinstall your firmware using Nokia PC Suite's software updater or the NSU..!!!
Proud owner of Nokia's C6-01, N8, 701, Lumia 800 and Google Nexus Prime..!!!
Patience is a virtue, reaping fruits of Wisdom..!!!
Arjun Paliath,
India
Please use plain text.
Advisor
nidish5505

ok...but if i update it will be anna right?? i heard many negatives abt this anna and so thot not to update....what do u say......??
Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
timkamat

You should update to Anna. Not sure whether not updating is causing your problem, but it is better to update. As for my C6-01 I have never faced any problem with Anna. I did update very next day it was offered as OTA.
In Love With My C6-01:Now running on Nokia Belle!
Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
blitzkid

Reconfigure your gprs settings... Remove the old ones and ask for fresh settings from your service provideq. I'd recommend you update to Anna and then set up your internet.
blitZkid
Nokia C7: Running on Nokia Belle
"If I'm helpful in anyway, a click of appreciation on the star would be nice"
Please use plain text.
Advisor
nidish5505

wow....ur response was fast....thanx guys...i'll just try tht out and update the result...:smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Advisor
nidish5505

okay now the result is negative.....updated to anna...everything fine except this.....cant connect thru gprs or WLAN...what is the solution ...pls help.......
Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
blitzkid

Remove all your old gprs settings and ask for a fresh set of settings from your service provider and save them. Check and post back.
blitZkid
Please use plain text.
Advisor
nidish5505

not working...i tried tht too...still not working.....donno wat else to do...:smileysad:
Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
blitzkid

Try changing your profile to offline mode and change back after sometime and check. And its better to check with your service provider about the gprs working properly in your area. I frequently used to have trouble with gprs only to later know from the carrier that their network was down. Check and post back.
blitZkid
Please use plain text.
Advisor
nidish5505

1st of all thanx for the quick response.....i tried all tht still not working.....what else can i try......
Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
blitzkid

You can try a factory reset without deletion of data... Your settings will be restored to as it came from factory.
blitZkid
Please use plain text.
Advisor
nidish5505

ok...now i will tell u what all i did.....
first i tried a factory reset without del data...still not working......updated my software....fully updated anna....still not working.....i del my gprs settings, saved new ones....still not working.......
is der anything else tht i can try.....??
and the thing is dat not only gprs thru network...WLAN is also not working.... always showing the same error......"Conn.failed"
Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
blitzkid

Then you can try the last option that I can think of as an user. Factory reset with deletion of data and then restore. Even if that fails, then a trip to Nokia care is inevitable. :-(
blitZkid
Please use plain text.
Contributor
majiclover

its with 701 also.. nokia is selling messed up sets in market now..
Please use plain text.
Advisor
nidish5505

yea u're right....but i might take some time to do tht and post back.....anyway thnx for all ur help....i will probably post back the result in 2 weeks...
Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
blitzkid

We'll be glad to know your results... Hope your problem gets solved. Cheers!
blitZkid
Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
blitzkid

I'll give you a suggestion... Just a hunch. Install app stop from Nokia store. Run it and stop all applications using it. Then try connecting to the internet after setting in new access points. Try and reply.
blitZkid
Please use plain text.
Advisor
nidish5505

yes.....atlast it worked.....SYBIAN BELLE UPDATE did the trick.....now its working perfectly and belle is also cool.....thanx to all.....

Please use plain text.
Advisor
nidish5505

@blitzkid : thanx a lot for all ur help...last time i posted that belle update did not work...sorry it was my mistake...it is working perfectly now....so i dint hav to try this one........ thanx again for all the help...
Please use plain text.