Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

memory managements

Advisor
jensurya

memory managements

while using t opera mobile and my
mobile's browser, sometimes it says
that the memory is full close some
applications....y ?
Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
ajaydavidson

Re: memory managements

Hello jensurya, to run applications Ram is needed and if this Ram gets reduced then you may not be able to open apps and hence the message will be shown memory is full close some apps. So the only way to prevent this is to use the apps that you need very much and close the ones that you don't need. What's your phone model?
Nokia C7
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

jensurya wrote:
while using t opera mobile and my
mobile's browser, sometimes it says
that the memory is full close some
applications....y ?

Open the Browser ( both one by one) and in Options-->Settings-->Privacy... Clear the Cache.. Do that on a regular basis (say before exiting every session of using the Browser) and see if the problem persists..

Please use plain text.
Advisor
jensurya

my phone's model is nokia C5-00 ...
Anyway...thanx for ur reply ...i'll try that thing...
Please use plain text.
Advisor
jensurya

i'm experiencing a another major problem that my phone's memory is decreasing automatically even thou i didn't use t phone memory..i always used to install everything in memory card only..on c ing t phone memory details, it shows "other files "16MB....what is that "other files"? Is that possible to delete that "other files"?
Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
ajaydavidson

Are you able to view the contents in that particular folder? If not then install a filemanager called xplore download it from http://lonelycatgames.com and then open it in it tap menu>tools>configuration there you will see an option called show hidden files touch that so that a tick mark appears then see whether the contents of that folder are visible or not. If the files are shown then can you name some of the files.
Nokia C7
Please use plain text.
Advisor
jensurya

my phones RAM had 120.56 MB....but it mostly shows that 85 MB is in use even thou no app is running...
Why is this happened?
Is it possible to free t memory..?
Is it possible to increase t available RAM's memory in additional?
Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
ajaydavidson

No the Ram cannot be increased by any addition process. We can only free some Ram that's in use. You may not be using any app but there will be many processes running in the background for the proper functioning of the phone. We cannot see those in the open apps. You can check these background processes or any apps by netqin mobile guard you can download it from here http://www.netqin.com
Nokia C7
Please use plain text.
Advisor
jensurya

i'm already using that mobile guard, and netqin antivirus...
I can't find that other files even from the x-plore software....
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

Did you clear the Cache and check for any difference ?

Please use plain text.
Advisor
jensurya

ya i'm clearing t caches n cookies regularly after t data usages...but still i can't c any major changes...
Only a few KBs ll free after that..
Please use plain text.
Advisor
jensurya

i can't find t other files folder....but it is still increasing from 16 MB to 20 MB....
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

One more application that you may try is 'Mobile Cleaner' .. Google for it...

Please use plain text.
Advisor
jensurya

will u plz send me its download link ?
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

Did you GOOGLE for it as mentioned earlier ?

Please use plain text.
Advisor
jensurya

ya i searched for it n downloaded that thing...but i'm unable 2 install t software..it shows certificate error..contact t application supplier..
Please use plain text.