Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: message editor : feature not supported

Registered Member
Frevoli

Everyone - DO THIS - It's worked for me *touch wood*
Please use plain text.
marlea29

pls help me same problem! F i try to dial *#7370# my phone delete the aplication and the symbian belle?pls reply
Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
Pfrancoise

[ Edited ]

Hi marlea29,

Welcome to the Forum.

If you enter *#7370# on your phone, all files will be cancelled.  Before performing a hard reset, I would advise you to save all your personal details on your computer via Nokia suite.

Symbian Belle won't be cancelled with a hard reset.

Pfrancoise.

If this post has helped you to solve this issue, please press the "accept as solution" icon. Kudos would always be appreciated.
Please use plain text.
shivantha17

no one has come up with a solution. Can you please give me a patch to install. I cannot reset my phone. I have that issue only.
Please use plain text.
shivantha17

please nokia help me
Please use plain text.
Contributor

Hi,

I've just come across this issue also on Nokia N8 after firmware updated and backup restored, and solved by doing the below:

- Go to Settings -> Application Settings-> Messaging

- Text Message:

+Message Center in use -> SIM message center (reselect)

+ Character encoding: Full support (toggle it)

+ Receive Report: No => Yes

+ Preferred connection: GSM/3G

+ Reply via same center: No

- Servive message

+Service messages: on => Off

- Operator message:

+Reception: Off

Quit Settings, and back to SMS. And it works without having to reset.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
Bao Nguyen

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Blake00

the fix above didn't help me.

I have an N8.. updated to bella a year ago, worked fine for a year and then this problem just randomly started a few weeks ago. I have never restored from a backup and the phone hadn't been updated in months as there hasn't been any new updates for ages.

Now in convo mode I just keep getting this message and eventually it works. It is insane frustrating as i was hoping to at least get another year out of this phone before getting rid of symbian once and for all. :/

Its just a joke that nokia after all these years cant even get sms sending right.. a simple fundamental task that everyone uses.. and they break it..

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
sezzaboo

Im using the N8 and this problem started yesterday with bits of old message being pasted onto the end of new ones. Its really getting annoying now, I've tried the hard reset and the above fix but nothing works! Get onto this pronto Nokia i used to love using this phone now I prefer my Blackberry!!

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Ixia

I've been having this problem on and off since I bought the N8. Messages get sent to the wrong people and bits of long since deleted texts appear at the end of new texts. I also get the message feature is not supported error. The phone has been back to Nokia care, which fixed it for a while, but now it's as bad as ever and the phone is now out of warranty. I really don't want to replace the phone and the only other phone i'm interested in is the 808, which i don't feel i can risk buying as it uses the same software as my N8.
Please use plain text.