Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: nokia c2 02 --> apps not opening--> urgent

Advisor
thetekwar

nokia c2 02 --> apps not opening--> urgent

I updated my nokia c2 02 firmware  to 7.29 before 2days. Today while using nokia browser it said a new nokia browser is available to download. I downloaded after the download was complete it said "invalid application" and now nokia browser does not open if i click on it nothing happens.

--> I tried restore but nothing happened .

Please use plain text.
Advisor
thetekwar

someone take little pain and reply....
Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
Sheldrick

Dear Thetekwar, Sorry you are experiencing this problem.

Where did you download this update to the web browser? was this using the official software updater?

Please plug your device in via USB to Nokia Suite and reinstall the phone software, remember to take a back up just to be safe too.

Hopefully the hard reset will solve your issues with the browser, If it still is not working, please refer to your local Nokia Care point where they can repair the device. 

I hope you get your issue resolved swiftly and please come back if you have any further questions.

Sheldrick

Press the 'Accept As Solution' icon if I have solved your problem, Kudos my post if my advice has helped you!
Please use plain text.
Advisor
thetekwar

I opedn nokia browser and was going to open a page before the page opened the update option came i updated.... Tried to reinstall the software still nothing.... And the Nokia care is pretty far.. :smileysad:

Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
Sheldrick

Are you able to create a backup of your device? If you can create a back up, please do so using Nokia Suite, After creating the backup please perform a hard reset in your device using code *#7370# security code 12345 if prompted. and check if your browser works.

Please let me know how it goes! 

Press the 'Accept As Solution' icon if I have solved your problem, Kudos my post if my advice has helped you!
Please use plain text.
Advisor
thetekwar

I was able to backup... but after resetting using the code ... same nokia browser didnt open.
Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
Sheldrick

are you referring to the web browser?

Please use plain text.
Advisor
thetekwar

yes i mean the web browser.... this one: http://store.ovi.com/content/3612

Please use plain text.
instantk

[ Edited ]

Exactly same problem with my nokia c2-02 after updating nokia browser.... the update notification came while browsing and after updating , the app doesnt open...it says "conflicting apps -- nokia browser"

I updated the s/w but nothing happened...actually noka browser is installed in a hidden "predefmenuapps" folder...which cant be accessed so easily... thats why we cant fix this problem by ourselves

Nokia Care is far.... moreover they may charge me ...but actually this is nokia's fault...not ours!

Please use plain text.
Advisor
thetekwar

Obviously its nokia's fault, and there no chance i'm going  to nokia care for it.

Please inform regarding this and they should do a software update soon for this. 

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Tjml

This problem is related to device firmware, hope it may be solved in next update. There is alternative you may try this...

Reinstall the browser one or two times, from store.ovi.com
Please use plain text.
Advisor
thetekwar

@Thml even after firmware reinstall nothing happening.... and what you mean by reinstall the browser ? in dafault browser you can type the url also and the ones available at store.ovi.com is updates ones not the same preinstalled.

Please use plain text.
instantk

[ Edited ]

my problem went worse....... i updated my phone to latest 7.29 from 6.96 firmware and my communities application also get corrupted...what can be worse than this! i hate nokia for releasing "BETA" products in market...older nokia phones like my nokia 6300 never gave any such problem.... Such problems are common with any new nokia phone...not only C series. s40v6 , v5 are downgrades....not upgrades... 

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Ipeleng

A hv the same problem after updating ma nokia software to v02.48 ma phone bronser and ovi store doesnt respond when i tap it
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
venkat2941

My situation was much more worst than all .. All the applications given with the hand set are not working and the nokia ovi store and life tools are not visible in my hand set i.e., nokia c2-02

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
Srikanthsd

@thetekwar,
try this,
First fill up the internal memory fully by adding some files you like, now download Nokia browser again using Nokia store app, now the browser downloads to memory card, now you should be able to open it from memory card.

Hope this helped you.

-------------------If this post helped you, click on accept as solution.------------------
-----------------------------Appreciate by clicking on white star.----------------------------
Please use plain text.
Pankaj7

Nokia cant take problme seriously of nokia c2-02 app confictiong.i am tired to repaire my fhone nokia c2-02 but noting happne.nokia plz take costomer problem seriously
Please use plain text.