Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: nokia c3 wlan

Contributor

Well on the vodafone forum, carzybones thinks he has sovled the problem by getting the phone unlocked. Which is a pity because i have sent my phone back today and got a refund. Now the phoen it unlocked it is giving him a choice of connections.
Please use plain text.
Sage

It's definitely a web browser integration bug, because using the Email application correctly 'asks' which connection to use. Whereas the browser is hard coded.

8-(

VERY frustrating. I'll try some more Internet-savvy apps later today....

In the meantime, whoever signed off on this C3 firmware should be shot.

Steve Litchfield
3-Lib (Tips/resources/Info for Nokia smartphones and Communicators) plus All About Symbian
Please use plain text.
Sage

I'm hearing of an update for the C3 at service centres. But nothing available over the air for my Vodafone C3 - come on, guys, this bug is killing the device!!

Steve Litchfield
3-Lib (Tips/resources/Info for Nokia smartphones and Communicators) plus All About Symbian
Please use plain text.
golfgill2005

[ Edited ]

I have just bought 2 of these phones, one for me and one for my son. Both of us are having the same problem, the phones will connect to wifi but when we select internet it doesn't ask us which one even though I have set it to ask first.

It does work if I try to go to email though!

I received a reply from Nokia customer care this morning, but they just copied and pasted the instructions from the user guide which was no help at all as I had already stated that I had tried all of that.

I have replied and asked if the phone is faulty? I'll let you know if I hear anymore, might try ringing the customer care number tomorrow!

I have just been checking Vodafones discussions page and the last post was yesterday from one of their administrators staing that they were chasing Nokia for a fix and would update when they know more.

It seems that if the phone is unlocked it works fine, people think it may be a problem with the Vodafone software on the phone.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
katalisys

Hi,

I bought the Nokia C3 from Vodafone today to use mainly with wifi and I am having the same WLAN issue; I tried several setting combinations but none seem to work.

Is there any firmware or software update coming soon from Nokia?

I will return the phone if no solution is found for this issue as I only bought the phone for email/internet access and it would be completely useless to me without the ability to choose a connection method and be in control of whether I am connecting PAYG.

Thanks.

Please use plain text.
Csteeeves123

I have exactly the same problem. The connection option list shown in the demo only comes up when accessing Mail, and it automatically connects to the GPRS when trying to access the internet/communities. I think the problem is the fact that the phone is only available on Vodafone in the UK and Vodafone configure it to automatically use GPRS and Vodafone live, so i reckon the fault is with Vodafone and not the phone/nokia. I have no idea how they're gonna fix it!

On some other forums people have said that they have unlocked their C3 so it 's Sim free and the option list as on the demo seems to work, so i might try this myself, although once the Vodafone Sim is used, even after the unlock, it uses GPRS again apparently. SO, the best bet may be to get the phone unlocked and switch to another network altogether!

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
bejcziarnold

Hi!

So the problem is, that c3 tel. with vodafone manipulated software always tries to connect to the internet via gprs.

The bug is hidden in the configuration menu. The telephone doesn't  offers to choose an option to delete "vodafone" as default configuration, and to choose nothing instead. (You can add self configurated acces points, but this acces points just can be also gprs acces points.)

All you have to do, is chosse the "default configuration" menu, go inside, and when the selection field is on "vodafone", simply use de delete button on keyboard (between "p" and "enter".

Now the phone offers to delete vodafone defaults, just asks if you really want to. Yes we do.

From now on, your telephone's applications will always ask which type of connectoin do you want to use , wlan, or gprs.

Of course both wlan and gprs connection is need to be set to "always ask" and "just when needed" to get the choice to choose.

One thing: my phone's default browser tried to connect wia gprs for the first time after the manipulation, but never again.

Have fun.

Arnold from Hungary

Please use plain text.
Sage
chromecat

[ Edited ]

Applying your solution  solved my problem with Nokia Messaging Trying to use the GPRS access point on my Vodafone-branded C3. Looks like they forgot to disable the delete key. Let's hope this remains so. Thanks for sharing this!

I also added an Access Point and set it as default. To access RTSP streams (Youtube) I also added a new Streaming to Personal Config.

Nokia Lumia 520 3046.0000.1329.2001 RM-914
Nokia Asha 302 V15.09 22-05-13 RM-813
Please use plain text.
Ex-Technical Expert (retired)
jakivi

[ Edited ]

Hello all,

I’m very sorry you are facing these Wlan connectivity issues with your C3-00 phones. Although it seems like these issues are related to how operators have configured their connectivity settings, I have escalated this issue also to Nokia’s C3-00 development team in case there is something that can be done on Nokia’s side.

Please use plain text.
balajake

just bought this phone today from marshall ward on vodafone. i bought it for my son and we bought it because it has wlan !it has the same problem with the wlan and he was very excited. now what do i do ??

c3-00
V03.35
rm-614
variant 82.04

ive tried all the other posters suggetions to no avail. the only time it asks me which way i would like to connect is when i go on ovi store

should i sent it back  ?

Please use plain text.
balajake

this worked for me i saw it on the vodafone forum

temporary work around until nokia/vodaphone sort this out.

Go onto the OVI store and download the latest version of opera mini browser. That works and gives the option of connection either via WLAN or Vodafone Internet.

you must always click on the opera browser though which can be found buy clicking on the apps logo

once downloaded

click

menu

apps

extras

collection

opera mini

it will then ak you to select your internet connection. it will also do the same when you open your email on the main menu.

my packet data ia set to : when needed

packet data settings are :smileytongue:repay internet

my configuration settings

default config. settings are contract ( cos i'm on contract)

preferred access point is set to PAYG WAP.

internet settings ALWAYS ASK FIRST

i hope this helps. if not appologies. i'm not a tech person just that this worked for me.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
joaoc

I'm from portugal, and i bought the c3 from TMN (a national operator), and i have the same problem, so its not only happening with vodafone. 

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
starrybee

I am also having the wi-fi problem. Does the current software update do anything to help? I would have to buy a USB connector for the phone, and don't see the point unless there is a confirmed fix for it yet?

Also are there any other methods people have found for this yet? I have tried various things people have listed here and on the vodafone forums but nothing has worked so far. :/
Please use plain text.
peterandre

thanks for the useful information
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
charlie222

Hello,
You can try this, it may work.

If you go to Menu - Settings - Configuration - Personal Settings - My Web 
And follow the steps, you do not need to fill in any details, just activate it.

Then go to Menu - Internet - Web Settings - Configuration Settings, then select configuration and change to Personal configuaration. Then the 'account' should say my web.
From now the phone will always ask first, as long as you have selected ask first in the connectivity WLAN options and when packet data is set to when needed.

Thank you
Charlie Bruinvels

Please use plain text.
LuisPaleta

Hello,

i just bought a C3 a couple of days ago from TMN (Portugal) and got several disappointments...

I have also the same problem with the WiFi connection which i can only minimize it by using Opera mini-browser.

Then it seems the phone has lots of trouble connecting via WiFi to wireless lans. I've tried 3 with different types of WiFi routers and the Nokia C3 don't work correctly. I tryed the same wireless connections using a Nokia E51 and just worked great!

So the problem is with C3 WiFi that works pretty bad. It's a great disappointment for me that saw in the WiFi a solution and now it's a problem.

I have the last firmware update (that already came with the phone) with version 3.36 05-07-10 RM.614 Variant: 128.02 .

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
MindSphere

I bought a TMN (Portugal) C3 and found the same problem. I went to the store and the guy told me that he had one and he returned it because of the problem and he was telling the costumers before the buy that yhe phone has this "issue". Well, for my personal use it's very disapointing, because I just needed the Qwerty keyboard and the Wlan connection. So, this phone was perfect for me and I did not have the need to spend more money buying the E71 or E72 just for that. I have installed the opera browser and tonight I'll try it to see it if it works. It's really a shame and i hope that the operators fix the problem soon... We've been used to this sort of abuse from them, it's time for them to stop...

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Aizak

I can not find how to set up a Proxy in  my opera..

is ther any other web browser which supports proxy settings?

i'd appreciete your help

Please use plain text.
emmalouisebabey

Tried this, now I am getting the option to chooses Wlan, so its all systems go thnx :smileyhappy:. cant seem to set up my home page though 

Please use plain text.
Advisor
Domii

I had the same problem with my Nokia C3 but this MyWeb setting lets me choose which connection i want to use for my online activities - thanks very much!
Please use plain text.