Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: nokia c3 wlan

Registered Member
Aizak

i need to configure a proxy server on my phone.. can anyone help me?

please

Please use plain text.
Sage
chromecat

You can find Proxy related settings here:

Settings->Config->Personal Settings

Add new Web (or edit My Web)

Set Use Preferred Access to: No

Edit Access Point Settings.

Set Proxy: to enabled

Specify proxy address and port.

I think you have to set these settings in Default config. settings.

Note I have not used these settings, so I don't know if they really work as intended.

Good luck with that and please report back on success or problems.

Nokia Lumia 520 3046.0000.1329.2001 RM-914
Nokia Asha 302 V15.09 22-05-13 RM-813
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Basti

[ Edited ]

charlie222 you are the man! worked just fine for my phone. bought it in manila philippines from a retailer a few days ago and had the same problem as the one posted on here. this solution has fixed it so far, great work! to whoever in whichever company is responsible for this scandal, shame on you. to nokia for continuing to sell these phones without corrections, shame on you.

Please use plain text.
locksheath

Fixed worked for me as well excellent!

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
joaoc

What fix are you talking about?

Please use plain text.
locksheath

See charlie222 post, the fix in that works fine!

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
anaf

Hi

I also bought this phone from TMN in the first week that they have launched it. Ever since I´ve been trying to fix the wi-fi problem. I went to the technical services of the operator and they didn't know how to fix it either.

So I tried the fix proposed by bejcziarnold in this forum and it work, but it messes with mms receiving so I tried the fix posted by charlie22 and it has been working just fine :smileywink:

Please use plain text.
Sage
ryanismo

Aizak wrote:

i need to configure a proxy server on my phone.. can anyone help me?

please

Unfortunately, we cannot configure it from the phone. You need to use a ".prov file maker" to set it. Send the .prov file to your phone via Bluetooth and save the settings in your phone.

*Just Google where to get the file maker. :smileywink:

02-06-2010
RM-346
Nokia E71-1 (27)
Please use plain text.
Contributor
Alan_G

This looks useful except I can't find any way to edit the access point other than the alias. How/where do you enter the MAC address?

FWIW My problem is that the SIM card doesn't have GPRS enabled(work provided) so I was relying on WiFi to get net access! So far zilch :-(
Please use plain text.
Contributor
Alan_G

[ Edited ]

You might get the sync to work via Bluetooth if the PC supports that?

However I got wlan working (without a software update) after I set up an email account.
It now asks which method to connect by for both email and web - result! :-)

Thanks to all the various suggestions, I'm not sure which eventually did the trick but I'm a happy camper.

I just checked and I can even change it to not ask on connection and it just connects to WiFi automatically - even better! (But this is probably because my SIM is not GPRS enabled...)

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
kahil

charlie, when i followed that method you said. When i connect to in internet, it says service not available. how do i fix it
Please use plain text.
msn23

thanks charlie for the fix. it was really amazing, now to get connected via gprs/edge or fix the no avaiable service issue here is what i discovered go to  menu>settings>activate defaul in all applications>set to YES

hope this helps

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
bounceyone

i bought this phone on the 19/08/2010.. however 6 days later the msn refused to sign in.. infact none of the ones thats under chat in the messages part would dispite having a data pack on my phone and credit also not to mention the WLAN at home too.. so i took the phone back and exchanged it for another c3 as i like this phone.. low an behold.. the msn and stuff stopped working again on teh 31/08/2010.. so im gonna change my phone back to another maker as it looks like this phone really cant be trusted to work at all. ah well.. time to go back and decide which other phone to get next

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
alcrade

hi, ive tried the settings charlies have said, but for me, the error is 'wireless connection failed'.. how to solve it? tnx!

btw, do we need to edit the access point for every wireless lan dat we encounter? tnx guys! :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Contributor
jmhasluvyou

THANK YOU S0 MUCH CHARLIE!!

this had work for me..:smileyhappy:

charlie222 wrote:

Hello,
You can try this, it may work.

If you go to Menu - Settings - Configuration - Personal Settings - My Web 
And follow the steps, you do not need to fill in any details, just activate it.

Then go to Menu - Internet - Web Settings - Configuration Settings, then select configuration and change to Personal configuaration. Then the 'account' should say my web.
From now the phone will always ask first, as long as you have selected ask first in the connectivity WLAN options and when packet data is set to when needed.

Thank you
Charlie Bruinvels

Please use plain text.
Ange74

Hi. I've just got a Nokia C3 this week. My husband noticed that when after I'd been using it on WiFi it still had a 'G' at the top of the screen, which he found out meant I was being charged to use the internet. - Anyway, he found a forum which told us the settings to put into the phone to stop it connecting to the internet and charging me. - However, after my hubby put the settings in, everything was ok...But, now I am unable to send/receive picture messages (MMS). I don't use MMS often, but I've always believed, if you buy something new, EVERYTHING should work. - I know about texting the word 'active' or 'activate to the network service when you receive a picture message, but I don't see why I should have to do that..  - I best mention that my hubby rang Vodaphone to get the phone unlocked, and I am now using it on O2. I don't know if this makes any difference.

I have Cerebral Palsy and only use the phone for texting and chatting on eBuddy as I am unable to speak clearly. As you can imagine, I get really angry when 'new' products don't do everything they're supposed to. - Please can anyone help sort out the MMS problem without making the phone start charging me again. - My hubby has tried  the settings that Charlie 222 suggested.

Please use plain text.
damian308

The same problem as kahil said. Everything went fine untill I was trying to open the Internet via WLAN. It says 'service not available''.'' activating default in all applications'' does not work, simply because it's getting back all my options from WEB and I''m connecting the Int via gprs again. What should I do? any ideas? maybe it's all about my router or so? THANKS IN ADVANCE!

Please use plain text.
Sage
chromecat

There's no way to manually enter the MMS settings for the C3. You can receive them in an special SMS from your mobile operator. The phone is capable of saving the settings and use them. You have to contact your operator for these settings being sent to you.

It is possible that the settings are provided by them through an automated facility (website, phone service, etc.).

Once received and saved, the settings can be viewed at:

Messaging->More->Message Settings->Multimedia Messages->Configuration Settings->Configuration.

Please use plain text.
Ange74

Just want to say thanks so much. We tried the settings from Charlie222 again, and this time it worked. Or, should I say it seems to have worked. We went on Wi-Fi and it asked first and I wasn't charged, then my hubby sent me a picture and I received it no problem :smileyhappy:

I'd just like to ask one other question while I'm here. It's not that important but it would be helpful as I'm not that fast at reading messages, so does anyone know if there's a way to make the backlight stay on for longer? We've searched all the menus and can't find anything about the backlight.

Oh, just another minor thing, - is there an easier way of taking the phone off keylock, other than using 'menu, function'? It takes me a while to unlock it because my fingers are unsteady and a bit slow. 

Thanks again for your help with the WiFi and MMS problem. :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Sage
chromecat

Glad to hear the phone is working for you.

As far as I know there's no way to modify backlight settings for this Series 40 phone model. It's an annoying shortcoming.

Please use plain text.