Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: nokia c6-00 a faulty product

Advisor
adnan_phoenix

nokia c6-00 a faulty product

[ Edited ]

sir

i had bought nokia c6-00 on september 15 2011 and after two weaks or so i started getting problems such a s memory full,H.S hangs,apllication not getting open.Since i had to answer my exams then i couldnt submit my cell that time only. So i gavemy cell to the nokia care in january.They flashed my cell thrice before sending it to the head office i.e i had the same problem even after flashing the cell. So even after giving it to the head office i was getting the same problems.They did a replacement of my cell 4 times till then and still i had the same problem. I asked them to give me another model or just give me my money back i.e the amount of Rs 12,000/- . But they said they dont have any such policies.

So for me the final option is to do a consumer complaint since am just fed up with your pathetic service. Nokia being such a big multinational company cant even serve  their customers well.So either youll take action soon or ill just hav to do a complaint which will be bad for your markets.

imei's of my cells 

1st cell:*********************

2nd cell:*********************

3rd cell:*********************

4th cell:*********************

please give me a refund if you can since for 3 months my cell is with you all and you wont even extend it you'll will just say "WE DONT HAVE ANY SUCH POLICY".

thank you.

MODERATORS NOTE: IMEI numbers have been removed. Sharing of personal information is not allowed on public  forums. Please do not share sensitive or personal information as it could threaten your personal security.

Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
Sheldrick

[ Edited ]

Hey Adnan_phoenix,

Welcome to the Nokia Forums.

When you are receiving your new handsets are you restoring all your old media files and documents onto your new device from an old backup?

It sounds as if you have some kind of bug or virus that you must have received at some point before you created a back up, causing your phone to hang,.

I suggest installing a security application on your phone to see if it can find any malicious files.

If this is not the case and you have not been restoring from a back up, I suggest performing a hard reset on your device using the code *#7370# security code by default would be 12345 if prompted, only restore your contact information and essential applications and see if the phone continues to mal function.

Please create a backup on Nokia Suite before hand.

In which case please take your device to your local Nokia Care point.

I will send you a PM regarding further actions you can take if you should wish to make a complaint about the service.

I hope this has helped!

Sheldrick 

Press the 'Accept As Solution' icon if I have solved your problem, Kudos my post if my advice has helped you!
Please use plain text.
Advisor
adnan_phoenix

hey sheldrick
thats not the case.Even i thought thats the same reason and i used the cell with an empty memory card and i didnt restore any backup.But i got the same memory full and hanging problem.It doest support multitasking at all,it just closes the other application or hangs when am using the cell and i receive a call.
Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
Sheldrick

Have you tried reinstalling the phone software in Nokia Suite rather than performing a hard reset?

You may need to reinstall the operating system. 

Press the 'Accept As Solution' icon if I have solved your problem, Kudos my post if my advice has helped you!
Please use plain text.
Advisor
adnan_phoenix

the nokia care have flashed the mobile so many times. Still i have the same problem. 

i have tried everything from my side. i hav browsed the net for all types of suggestion and tried all suggestions.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
adnan_phoenix

please conslult with the officials and get me some other model.. since its been almost 3 months since the company has my mobile and even after paying such a big amount am not able to use the cell. Am really dissapointed with nokia.
Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
Kosh

Hi adnan_phoenix,

Sorry to hear your device is not working as you'd like/it should. I would suggest you contact your local Nokia Care, explain to them the situation and ask for Nokia Care management to pick up this case. They should be able to assist you further.

Let us know how you get on !

Kosh 

Press the 'Accept As Solution' icon if I have solved your problem, click on the Star Icon below if my advice has helped you!

Please use plain text.
Advisor
adnan_phoenix

i did contact them. But the people who pick up the call say they dont have any authority to give me any other model and its totally on the higher management. Last time also they had said the same thing and they sent me the same model without even giving me any information.
When i called them to ask the status of the complaint also i dont get any updates regarding my complaint. They say the higher manangement are taking all the decision,we cant do any thing.
I asked them to connect me to the higher management but they said they cant.
So am asking you all that being such a big multinational company you take 3 months to solve your customers problem.
Please use plain text.
Advisor
adnan_phoenix

As i have said before i have tried every possible thing from my side but there is no response of action from nokia's side. WHY?. doesnt nokia love its customers or is it like "hey take our products and get lost". I was a big fan of nokia but this experience with nokia has made be a hater of nokia. please i requetyou to kindly do the neddful. Give me my refund or just give me some other model. thats it.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
the_zenith

One thing I can for sure is that Mr. adnan_phoenix's case is NOT an isolated one. I too have faced several problems with this model viz. hanging, automatic restart, touch/call key malfunctioning, etc. 

I had even hard resetted my phone and I must admit that it did solve the problem of hanging to some extent but at the expense of the speaker volume i.e. the sound volume of the speaker has decreased considerably after the reset which is quite strange!

With the amount of money Nokia has charged for this phone, I think Nokia SHOULD provide means to get the RAM (128MB) of this phone replaced with a larger one to do away with most of the problems.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
adnan_phoenix

finally some1 who understands my problem.The problem with me is that it doesnt support multitasking.For the amount that we pay the mobile should easily support multitasking.Whenever i try opening the second app it just closes the remaining ones.The main reason for all these problem is the ram.
the mobile becomes almost unusable when it hangs and the final option is to remove the battery and restart the mobile.
Please use plain text.
Advisor
adnan_phoenix

if the nokia people belive am the only person suffering from this problem then you are wrong. just go to this link and have a look you will find many people who are dissapointed my the garbage model you'll have launched.
http://discussions.nokia.co.in/t5/Cseries/C6-Memory-Full/td-p/738065
Please use plain text.
Sage
khanjan_701

C6 is lower RAM handset so avoid installing apps in C drive i.e. Phone memory, avoid faster use like a PC as u surely know it duznt bear a i5 processor, donot open too many apps.

Was this answer helpful enough to accept as solution?
Symbian-Developers Forum Member
Please use plain text.
Contributor
the_zenith

Even cheap phones of other brands support multi apps and that too good ones but sorry to say C6 sucks on this count. Leave alone the OS, even the calling button & menu button stop functioning at times! 

Please use plain text.
Contributor
jbanik85

[ Edited ]

Same goes here. Right now what I have for Nokia is utter frustration. 

I bought my C6-00 in October, 2010. From the day 1, it is a **bleep** with its buggy firmware which hanged a lot. I gave this phone to nokia customer care for 3 times. After 6 months of waiting, I got a stable firmware which was at least *not hanging*, though it was always slow like hell. 

A few days ago (3 or 4), suddenly the touch screen stopped functioning. Better to say, it hanged so badly that touch screen barely works, in fact keypad also doesn't work 80% of the time. No way to resume except taking the battery out (or pressing the OFF button, if keypad works!). I have tried everything-

1) Soft Reset
2) Hard Reset

3) Both of the time without Memory card

4) Without backing up anything (even not backing up contact list).
5) Though major portion of the phone memory was free, still I installed maximum apps that reside within phone memory.

6) Cleared cache and temp through Y-browser and my phone memory is almost 220 MB free

One more thing I like to add- 

Software Version: v 42.0.004

Custom Version: 42.0.004.C01.01

Type: RM-612

I have made a complain to Nokia help over twitter. As per their initial response latest software version is  40.0.021, logically which sounds a newer one than mine. I have tried to update the version but it says no update is available.

I am quite frustrated, just like many other people here, I was a die hard nokia fan. But with great sorrow I am observing that nokia is being kicked out from smart phone arena. A buggy phone like C6-00 is not even worthy of it's 1/4th price. Seriously, I am feeling like kind of cheated with this phone.period.

I tried everything. There is no progress. My warranty is finished, but honestly I don't EXPECT a expensive set like C6-00 to expire so soon. From all the complains in this forum, it's clearly a firmware+memory issue.  I would really appreciate and be thankful if you can help me to get out of this **bleep**.

Thanks.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
adnan_phoenix

khanjan_701
its has the same ram as nokia X6. My friend has 1. And it supports multitasking and you can open a no. of apps. Forget that,the phone cries even to do mono-tasking. The model is faulty and **bleep**. my cell has been replaced 5 times by nokia but i had the same problem. The mobile doesnt hav a i5 processor i agree but it shouldnt hang on some simple task which other mobiles which we get for a lesser price perform with ease.Selling such faulty models to customers will only lead to the downfall of the company nothing else.
Please use plain text.
Sage
khanjan_701

yes it's built quality and functions doesnot meet the markline. The same problem i'v xperienced with my c5-00 which is also a multitasking device but 'cries' on mono tasking. Now shifted to 701 and happy with it.
Symbian-Developers Forum Member
Please use plain text.
Advisor
adnan_phoenix

finally after 3 months of long wait and after almost begging to nokia countless number of times am getting nokia c6-01.... Hope it better then c6-00....
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
funk

Hi Adnan,

How did you convince nokia for a replacement ??

Please use plain text.
Advisor
adnan_phoenix

i had to socialize alot. facebook, twitter and some consumer court forums and then blogging. The major help was given by akosha.com. Its a very helpful site just check it out.
Please use plain text.