Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: nokia c6-01 messages?

Counsellor
Rainbow7

nokia c6-01 messages?

can i sotore messages in phone memory and memory card in nokia c6-01?and which option is better

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
jimmyireland

Currently you can only save to phone for now

If  i have helped at all a click on the white star below would be nice thanks.

Now using the Lumia 1520
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Rainbow7

any idea about these feauture that nokia introduce both options in next software update

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
jimmyireland

we have to wait and see

Now using the Lumia 1520
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Rainbow7

and how much messages store in phone memory of c6-01

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
chanchan05

C6-01 can store thousands of messages in its phone memory. For example, 1000msgs is just around 500kb-1mb, depending on the length of the messages and if they're all just text. That's less than 1mb, and with the fact that the phone has over 100mb free space, well you can theoretically store over 100,000 messages in it.
If you find my post helpful please click the green star on the left under the avatar. Thanks.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
stayhappy21

Hi Chan Chan,

Just wondering: if the phone is not in operation, would it still be possible to extract the messages forom the phone's memory?

Thanks

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
chanchan05

No. The phone must be turned on for the Ovi Suite program to be able to access the messages. Currently there is no other way to access them.
If you find my post helpful please click the green star on the left under the avatar. Thanks.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
stayhappy21

If I were to bring my dead Nokia phone to the Care Centre, would they be able to retrieve the sms for me?

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
chanchan05

Depends on the damage to your phone why it does not open. If they need to reflash the phone to make it work, you wont be able to retrieve ANYTHING. Pictures, contacts, messages, they'd all be gone.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
AlfaMikeFoxtrot

I want to store my e mails on memory card. I am using a C6-00.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
jimmyireland

Sadly you cant.

Now using the Lumia 1520
Please use plain text.