Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: nokia c6-01 touch screen problem

Clayton2210

nokia c6-01 touch screen problem

Hey ,  i have a touch screen problem on my c6-01 , it randomly strarts cliking on anything on the display , and i have to swipe the touch screen for a few seconds to stop it , it does not follow any pattern , it just clicks on anything on the screen . I need help !!

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
qerty123

I got the same problem.Started  on 1st of december and still on..please send me some help.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
qerty123

i got the same problem..started on 1st of december..please send help soon..

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
AnupTheRaskal

It happens if there is no screen protector installed on your phone. Touch is very sensitive and your sweat(which contains many ions) do the work. So you need to dry and/or clean up the screen. Use thick screen protector to avoid this. An oleophobic will be best one.

Please use plain text.
Professor
JudaZ

Do a full backup of your device with Nokia Suite

Then do a factory reset by typing in *#7370# in the phone's dialer (if possible)

After the factory reset, test the touchscreens behaviour again.

If it acts in the same way, leave the phone at nearest Nokia Care point for service.

If the issue is gone, then restore your backup, but exclude device settings

Please use plain text.
Clayton2210

I have already tried restoring factory settings and it stops for a few hours but then starts again .

And i have a screen gaurd on , could it be that the screen guard was not put properly ?

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
leonard1928

it should be a device hardware problem..just bring it to nearest nokia care point
Please use plain text.
Professor
JudaZ

it could be that the screenguard is causing the issue ..but hard to say

. I know other brands have had this issue as well,  if the screen guard is from a non known brand and made by real cheap plastic 

i guess you could try without the screenguard, but it it isnt the cause you might have ruined a perfectly good screenprotector ripping it of :/

Please use plain text.
deepakvnm

[ Edited ]

I have same problem, c6-01 touches randomly anything on screen, after same days some portion of screen is useless.

Had already tried hard reset , screen guard removal & every possible actions.

Contacted nokia care - they are asking to send this to their main service centre for 1 month.

Really irritating …

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
fikash16

What is the problem with my phone ? 

Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
Pfrancoise

Hi fikash16,

Welcome to the Forum.

I would advise you to visit your local Nokia care to get the phone checked.  If it needs repair, it could be done there.

Pfrancoise.

If this post has helped you to solve this issue, please press the "accept as solution" icon. Kudos would always be appreciated.
Please use plain text.
niks92

hi..can any 1 help plzZ! I've a nokia c6-01 and im getting touch problem! Sometimes it does'nt even respond to the touch how many times i touch on it!
Please use plain text.
weehinboo

I Need Help also as my touch screen is selectively unresponsive at the key 7,8,9. when I tilt it to querty, the same unresponsive area (previously situated at 7,8,9 key) is there. This only happens at the typing screen, wheras the other is ok.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
juliani

[ Edited ]

Exactly the same. There are regions where the Touch Screen just won´t work. The most common is the 7,8,9 row, which implies that i must turn the screen a lot just to write. I'm pretty sure it's a software problem, due that the failure is localized and temporary. Sometimes, the 1,2,3 row is the one affected, sometimes it works perfectly.

I also see it is a common (and really specific) problem. Therefore I suggest that maybe an update may fix the problem once and for all for everyone.

edit: I also clean the screen and the problem persists.

Please use plain text.