Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: unsolved problem after updating c6-00 firmware...

Registered Member
starcraft

unsolved problem after updating c6-00 firmware to v40

Please take note that the "camera still in use" problem is still occuring.
Please use plain text.
Advisor
dr_jayanths

Re: unsolved problem after updating c6-00 firmware to v40

with me its not.. tortured my daughter more than 20 times.. waiting for my wife to come back from work to update her phone and try as she is with c6 from 2 years..

Please use plain text.
Advisor
r_mohamed

same here...i didnt notice improvement with speed either :smileysad:

Please use plain text.
Sage
zoljac

I don't have that problem, now I'm starting to think that perhaps it is REGION specific BUG.

Is there anyone who uses BALKANS BLACK QW v40 FW with this BUG on camera.

I use black C6 with BALCANS FW on it.

I told you here on Discussions that I managed to get that BUG only after I heavily used my phone with some 6 or 7 apps in background.

I don't get it, why some have that problem!!!

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
chanchan05

Just get an app manager and kill the camera process. This happens USUALLY (meaning if its not an actual bug where it happens for no random reason) when you multitask the phone, or the phone went through heavy CPU and RAM usage or tasking at one point with the camera on and the system wasnt able to shut the camera down properly.
If you find my post helpful please click the green star on the left under the avatar. Thanks.
Please use plain text.
Sage
zoljac

@chanchan05
Have you made that answer to me or... As I don't have that problems with my Phone!!!
Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
chanchan05

that was for starcraft and mohamed
If you find my post helpful please click the green star on the left under the avatar. Thanks.
Please use plain text.
Advisor
r_mohamed

thanks...can u recommend any app manager?

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
chanchan05

Personally I use KillMe in combination with Memcheck. Easy to use and set up and completely free. You have to sign it though. You can try RAMBlow if its available in your country through Ovi Store.
Please use plain text.
Advisor
r_mohamed

thanks for the apps...

my ram is 32 mb/ 120 mb...

y? im not running anything..wat can i do to increase it?

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
chanchan05

Normal running RAM with nothing else running in the background should be 40-50mb free, depending on what your homescreen contains (for a 5800, and a C6 with an empty homescreen).
Please use plain text.
Sage
zoljac

34 MB at the moment, six apps working in backgroud!!! Last night I used a lot of camera and internet over w-lan.

@chanchan05
I personally use RAMblow from OVI Store, it's nice working app.
RECOMENDING IT TOO
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
funk

It does not seem logical that with an empty homescreen and 512 MB RAM hardare only 50 MB is free.

Also if Home screen has to be kept empty then what is the use of the widgets and home screen features.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
chanchan05

@funk - Where did you get the info that the C6 has 512 Mb RAM? The largest RAM any existing Nokia phone has (discounting the MeeGo running N9 and N950) is 256Mb for the S^3 units. The C6-00 has 128mb RAM, and so does the 5800.Any system manager app would tell you that, as well as official specs from Nokia and cellphone review sites.
Please use plain text.
Sage
zoljac

@chanchan05

It is obvious that "funk" mixed up ROM with RAM!!!
Please use plain text.
Contributor
OzUser

Where do i get V40 update for the C6-00 in Australia i don't care if it's not genuine Nokia because i'm getting **bleep** help from them.

Please use plain text.