Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

BL-4D not available in market, which to use as com...

Advisor
dipz
Accepted Solution

BL-4D not available in market, which to use as compatible?

I have been using E5 for more than 2 years, and now my battery has gone weak.  I want to replace the battery, but BL-4D batteries are not available in market or online stores.  Is it possible to go with any other compatible battery, ofcourse Nokia made only?  There is compatible available by other manufacturers but if it can be possible with Nokia, I would like to do it.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

Re: BL-4D not available in market, which to use as compatible?

As its not advisable to use any battery other than specified by Nokia did you check with your local Nokia Care ..? BTW where are you situated? I can find many online sites that have the subject battery in stock in my region (India) ..ebay may be your best bet if there is no Nokia Care in your area ..

Please use plain text.
Advisor
dipz

Thanks for immediate reply.

Well, I have been in India. The specified battery is not available with Nokia Priority Dealers, and Nokia Service Engineers are not aware about any compatibity for the same.  They have replied as 'the product is discontinued'.

Dipesh

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

Check with the Care center too.

Else, search on ebay (here) ..

Please use plain text.
Advisor
dipz

Thanks - I found it on ebay.

Please use plain text.