Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Bad look of Symbian Anna Round Icons in E7

Contributor
mbilal

Bad look of Symbian Anna Round Icons in E7

Symbian Anna round icons are very bad looking icons Nokia need to change these icons to old style are give option degrade to Symbian^3 in Nokia E7.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
deep9

Re: Bad look of Symbian Anna Round Icons in E7

It is Nokia company matter. Thanks.
Please use plain text.
Professor
malange007

i agree thats why i never upgraded to anna

Join my movement to bring a change in NOKIA for good by supporting my FORUM
http://discussions.europe.nokia.com/t5/Eseries-and-Communicators/NOKIA-MODERATORS-ONLY/td-p/1318965
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Jayzteroid

I don't understand why some people whines about the look of the icons since they can be changed by downloading a theme that pleases ones visually.

Lumia 1020, N9, 808 PureView, Windows 7 Pro 64bit
Vote NO to Nokia - MS -deal.
Please use plain text.
Professor
malange007

Just the way your whining about people whining .... its an open forum for discussion ... nokia made something people dont like .. let them say if you like it move onto some other discussion dont bother:smileyhappy:

Join my movement to bring a change in NOKIA for good by supporting my FORUM
http://discussions.europe.nokia.com/t5/Eseries-and-Communicators/NOKIA-MODERATORS-ONLY/td-p/1318965
Please use plain text.
Professor
Ztuka

Malange007

So your decisions were based on icons, and therefore not upgrading to better performance?

A wastly majority are very satisfied with Anna actually from what I hear, and considering that the upgrade is very big, it would be strange not to hear from a lonesome crowd of regrets...there are milllions and more millions of peoplethat have been doing this for a time now....

well, everybody has his own agenda. by the way, maybe some of these themes can get your attention if the icons are so ugly to you in Anna;

Deep Blue  took it for one of my phones, my E6.

All black 

I use them both actually on my E6. I like them both...

Strange to me not to upgrade for just a reason of icos..., but now it is time to be fed and be polite.

Cheers :smileywink:

Nokia 808 again (delight Belle), Nokia E7 and X7 ( again, all on Delight Belle...after some time on Nokia Lumia 925 (retired), 1020 (not that great)and Lumia 820 (Replaced my router at home, great for internet sharing).., N9 The best device ever (use it as much as Lumia 1020), Nokia 700 (Sport Phone/My Love :-) ) Nokia 701, Nokia E6 (Should have a follow-up from Nokia among with larger screen, NFC, Autofocus), Lumia 800 (Retired After 6 weeks), -Sports Tracker-Nokia Internet Radio-Handy Safe-Skype-Bambuser-Screenshot app pro-fMobi-ComingNext-Manual TaskSwitcher-jagiTimer-Easy StopWatch-Boldbeast-Equalizer-Financial Calculator-WiMP Music-YTasks-Davi-Thumbnail Folders-BizCalendar-Tiny7-Situations-nn reeder-Sport Timer-CameraLover-CameraPro-GrabRadio-LiveScore-Poddi-Gravity-SkyFilesPro
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
deep9

It is good idea about Nokia E6 . Thanks.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
carman58

Hundreds of Nokia themes here for most models with various different icons, but for the record, I like all the improvenents and the icons on the Anna upgrade :smileywink:

http://www.tehkseven.net/theme/nokia-e7-themes.html

If I have helped at all, a click on the White Star is always appreciated :

you can also help others by marking 'accept as solution:smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Contributor
mbilal

It will be more better if nokia launch old Icons patch for anna that should work in any theme

Please use plain text.
Advisor
amohan78

I had downloaded many themes hoping to get square icons but none of them could get squared !!! The round looking icons are truely horrible and really do not match up with the business phone.,

Please use plain text.
Sage

@mbilal: "A patch to display old icons"?! Where do you people come up with this stuff?! While at it maybe we can have a patch that makes Anna phones behave like S40 devices, monochrome diisplays and all? Oh, and I really liked the roller in my Nokia 7110, so maybe a patch for that too?!

If you really don't like the icons to the point where you can't even look at your phone, make a theme yourself with the old icons.

And put it on Nokia Store, so that others like you can benefitfrom your theme which hides them ugly rounded icons.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
mbilal

Old Icons Patch means icons of Symbian^3,  not the icons of Nokia 7610

Please use plain text.
Advisor
Goodcoin

amohan78 wrote:

The round looking icons are truely horrible and really do not match up with the business phone.,

Business phone? Really?

The new icons are the best thing ever happened to Symbian^3. We can argue about the design of particular icons, but in whole, the new, uniformly shaped icons are modern, sleek and good looking together, in contrary to the visual mess which was before. Take it from a professional graphics designer.

Some apps, like Sports Tracker 2, already changed their icons to conform to the new style. And more will follow. What you're gonna do about that? Hack the apps to bring back the old icons?

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
carman58

@mbilal , waht gets me is the sneaky way Nokia forced the new icon set onto people, not mentioning it anywhere, not even a peep or mention on the web for almost 10 months, and then they suddenly stick them on to peoples phones via that Trojan horse called Anna, that no one was aware of, so it was impossible for tru Symbian fans to avoid them by not installing the evil new software ??? Shame on you Nokia for your sneaky underhand and non-publicised ways !!!! :smileyvery-happy:

If I have helped at all, a click on the White Star is always appreciated :

you can also help others by marking 'accept as solution:smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Sage
gnirkatto

This is absolutely not true.

The new icons were mentioned, shown and discussed, as one of the main "new features"  in every preview/review of Anna, long before the first Anna device became available.

They were also introduced by Nokia during the announcement event, there were videos all over the web showing their new icons on Nokia's slides.

Last but not least, the Anna upgrade was absolutely voluntarily - I did it for 4 of my friends and family members on their phones, and none of them was ever forced to upgrade, not even asked. We had to check for new SW and then select the OS upgrade explicitely.

I am no longer a friend of Nokia's like I used to be over the last ~20 years or so, due to my recent history with their products and services, but I am against Nokia bashing when its not justified.

Or was your post meant to be ironic?

Please use plain text.
freddaar

[ Edited ]

@gnirkatto:

Not everyone cares about what is discussed or reviewed/previewed. I'd say most people just care for phones when it's actually time to buy a new one. Why should I care what Nokia presents as long as my phone works fine?

As for me, I installed Anna yesterday on my N8, thinking it was just some firmware upgrade because it said so in my language ("Gerätesoftware"). No word of a "new, horrible look", "we're just gonna change all your settings to some **bleep**" or "you liked that wallpaper? well, now it's gone".

Also, the message that there was an update available kept popping back up, so of course I installed it – could've also been a vital security update.

My mobile carrier is now sending me a new SIM card because they say the new software doesn't work with the old cards and therefore I can't use my mobile internet.

I am just annoyed like hell. They may alter whatever code they want, but if they change the look of what I'm staring at half a day I want to be asked FIRST! :smileymad:

Please use plain text.
Counsellor

@carman58

Me thinkth that irony and sarcasm are lost on this crowd.. Good one though..:smileywink:

Please use plain text.
Sage
gnirkatto

@ freddaar: just in case you didn't notice, my reply was for the previous poster carman58, who complained heavily about nokia not having made an announcement on this, which is not true. Whether we like an upgrade or not, what more can a vendor do than to announce it everywhere and at every occasion, long before it actually gets released.....?

I didn't criticize you for not liking the icons,  that is a matter of individual taste.

Your frustration is justified if you constantly got reminded/requested to upgrade. However, my son and my wife both have an E7 and they never got any requests nor reminders to upgrade, and I had to tell them this upgrade was available and to convice them to allow me to upgrade their phones.

Of course no good if it was different in your case.

Please use plain text.
Sage
gnirkatto

kkfae63 wrote:

@carman58

Me thinkth that irony and sarcasm are lost on this crowd.. Good one though..:smileywink:

I'm not at all sure this post was meant to be sarcastic.

Please use plain text.
baob

I agree - It would be nice if they were to look somewhat like that which they were to open or give us the ability to change them
Please use plain text.