Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Battery Problem in Nokia E7

Contributor
Rajiv25

Battery Problem in Nokia E7

This phone is such a good device..... everything works fine..... but was the company asleep and forgot to give a proper battery backup to this device?? the standby time is not even 36 hours..... with medium use, the battery just drains till evening..... really frustrating...... wud nokia give some fixes for increasing battery life?? 

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
cjlim

The battery life of any smartphone is usually a sensitive topic. The designers have to balance battery life with phone size because battery capacity is pretty proportional to size. Some people prefer huge phone with huge batteries while others like me prefer our phones small and tide so they fit well in our pockets.

Anyway, because of the capabilities of todays smartphones, battery life is very much dependent on how you use your phone. Whereas I am a stickler for shutting down everything when not needed, others might like to leave everything on and synching all the time. Difference is I get 3-4 days while others get 1-2 days. from the same phone and battery. 

Have a look at the link below for steps you can take to manage the battery life of your phone a little better.

/t5/Pool-of-Knowledge/Maximize-battery-performance/td-p/431669

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Rajiv25

Thank you for your advice but all the things mentioned are followed by me..... even after doing all the things mentioned, I still feel battery backup should have been better as its a high end phone.... this device is not cheap by any means.... infact this is the most expensive device from nokia (except lumia 800 which just launched) in India..... 1200mah battery for a 4inch screen is just unacceptable..... I didnt expect such a battery backup from such a highend phone.... I really ignored 1200mah battery provided in this device before buying it......

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
cjlim

I think you will find that battery life is poor especially for the high end phones which usually consume more power because they've got bigger displays, faster cpu's and they do more. You will find the same problem with all the different makes across the board. I have the current top end phones from 4 different manufacturers and they are all about the same. Symbian phones tend to have smaller batteries but then again, symbian is more frugal compared to some of the other OS's. 

The root of the problem is battery technology which has for a better word stalled over the last decade. While devices are leapig ahead, the lithium ion/polymer batteries have not really changed much. Hopefully this will change soon.

For the moment, poor battery life is an issue every smartphone owner has to content with.  

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Rajiv25

I really do understand what you are saying.... but in this case the least nokia could have done is just give 1400mah powered battery or even more & the problem wudnt have occurred in the first place..... if it is charging a huge price for its product, the buyers dont expect such a performance from the device.... once an individual buys the product & after that such things come out they have no option but be content with whats being given by the company and compromise on such basic things as he has no other option even after paying for such expensive device..... an awesome phone without battery backup is really not that worth.....

Please use plain text.
Advisor
flake

I totally get this and there are times I wished my E7 has the battery like my wife's Galaxy Note, 2500mAh. In E7, that could probably last a week on a single charge :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Rajiv25

Leave aside a week, it doesnt even last a day with heavy use of internet etc......

Please use plain text.
Sage
seppuku

It lasts about 6h with my usage. Mail checking every 15 minutes, podcatcher in the background, BT on for handsfree. Internet browsing for about 15 minutes.

Nothing more.

Since 1610
Please use plain text.
Sage
metal_might

just look at other devices: E52: 600mhz, 2.4" screen, 1500mA E90: 330mhz, 2"+4" screen, 1500mA E7: 680mhz, 4" screen, 1200mA. i really don't understand the logic behind the hardware decisions taken at the drawing board. i, along with a lot other E7 owners, have "shouted, screamed, cried bitterly, wailed and sobbed" over this blunder. but hey: c'est la vie. on a positive note, v.25.007 DOES do a good job of battery life! sometimes, i do 2 full days with single charge!
Please use plain text.
Contributor
widefine

if it is charging a huge price for its product, the buyers dont expect such a performance from the device....

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Rajiv25

I guess nokia has no answers to the problem I put forth.... no response whatsoever from the officials..... I am sure they have realised their mistake which cannot be rectified.... they dont have face to even reply on this forum..... a real blunder..... 

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
rmohan5

Is it possible to change this battery and replace it with a higher mA battery. May be that WILL SOLVE OUR PROBLEMS.

Please use plain text.