Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Belle on E6 - first impressions

Edvinadhami

in general ok  in the first sreen   icons of the battery is very litle not good you can not know were is the end of the battery   .the message  dont have  the number 160. for one sms .opera mini works better with wi-fi  than with the internet of the vodafon on 3G . The message is divide in new message  .message . mesage reader  why ?  . i did  2 min to find were is the draft ,  the social  what to say the facebook page  is worst than  facebook page on opera mini 

Please use plain text.
Advisor
maartenreinders

i've been using belle for 8 days now. Conclusion; ruined my phone totaly. nokia says you can't downgrade ..

if the buisniss center says the same i'll smash my E6 an use the e72 again!
Please use plain text.
Advisor
xevilman

So, problems are piling  up fast, too fast.

Now one of my inboxes won't display on home screen and notifications for new messages won't go away even after I read them.

Is it possible to install Anna gain?

This upgrade started to damage my business. E6 is best phone I ever had, but this Belle software is something I don't understand.

NOKIA, WHEN WILL YOU FIX THIS????

It's becoming serious...

Please use plain text.
Contributor
xCyberMagexx

I must say after updated from Anna to Belle that i cant recive sms messages from other operators but they recive my sms that never happened when i had Anna.

I hope someone can help with this from Nokia.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
atacama

Good decision would be to learn from our mistakes and wait with the upgrade.

Belle definitely looks nicer and smoother, but the functionality of the E6 as a business phone is compromised with a lot of annoying problems from email (still the primary business communication tool nowadays) usability to wireless problems. 

Please use plain text.
itony53

Full agree whit you .

At the moment was much better the Anna software!!!!!!!!

Please use plain text.
Advisor
xevilman

And another glitch was found...

If I select on any call list to compose a message for a certain caller, nothing happens. It's very inconvenient to remember the caller and then going to message menu to do the work.

I think it's time to get Anna back somehow. NOKIA please respond!!!!

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
strelamcqueen

I've been using it for a couple of days and like(d) it. Works smooth, in general it's nice interface upgrade. But...

1. Is it possible to have "Folders"-like Messages (same as before)? Now one has to choose option "View Folders" ?
2. Display the remaining characters for a text message?

Let's call upper questions cosmetic ones. No harm.

3. Tried to view my webfeeds (they were imported from Anna). No success. Had a feeling the phone had frozen. Had to do HW reboot. After rebooting, I wanted to browse a bit, no success. Frozen again. Even closing an application didn't work. Eventually, it closed it (after some minutes).

I don't know what's going on. Anyone observed such issues?
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
BellX_1

@maartenreinders: Did you have any luck with the Business center, and if so, which one? I've called a few BCs and some other phone shops and they all say a downgrade is impossible.

Current N900 and former E6 user regretting Belle upgrade
--
Devices owned: 2110, 2110i, Cellular Data Card, 8110, 7110, 6210, 6310i, 6100, 9500, 6233, 5140i, 3109c, N900, E6-00
Please use plain text.
Advisor
xevilman

Downgrade seems to be impossible

so people of NOKIA, what are you doing these days? Not much I guess...

Please use plain text.
jkor

[ Edited ]

It would, perhaps, ultimately prove futile to enumerate all the possible ways in which Belle on E6 . The point is not whether it is good or evil, the point is NOKIA, LET ME CHOOSE. 

AND I WANT MY ANNA BACK. 

You tricked me into having a completely different phone now from what I purchased. And I cannot go back? That is called 'deception' AKA 'misleading the customer'. Really sad to see what this company have become.

FYI: Nokia CC in Hungary is saying no downgrade is possible. 

Moderators notes: Offensive language removed.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
xevilman

jkor wrote:

It would, perhaps, ultimately prove futile to enumerate all the possible ways in which Belle on E6 sucks fat **bleep**. The point is not whether it is good or evil, the point is NOKIA, LET ME CHOOSE. 

AND I WANT MY ANNA BACK. 

You tricked me into having a completely different phone now from what I purchased. And I cannot go back? That is called 'deception' AKA 'misleading the customer'. Really sad to see what this company have become.

FYI: Nokia CC in Hungary is saying no downgrade is possible. **bleep** them.

Amen to that brother!

Please use plain text.
kentsolid

Hi I'm an E6 user from Indonesia and I've got Belle update for my phone around 4 days ago.

It's a great improvement from Anna in terms of performance, in cosmetics not that much

Pros :

1. My phone runs much faster, with no hangs or freezes until now ! ( with Anna, I used to see it hangs once a day )
  2. widgets are more beautiful. I rarely used e-mail widget so I don't see it as a problem like many other user suggested
  3. Battery life improves
  4. drop-down bar is great

Cons :

1. Although we get 6 homescreens, each can only contains 8 shortcuts ( total 48 ). In Anna you can put up to 5*12=60 shortcuts, a 20% reduction
  2. there's no word counter in Messaging, I don't know whether I had crossed the limits or not

It's a great update, albeit still needs more refinement

I'm very satisfied by this update

Don't hesitate and upgrade your phone ASAP !!

Please use plain text.
Contributor
E6LB

[ Edited ]

OK, we have some pros and cons, though the cons seem to outweight the pros.

I found some videos on Youtube with E6s running Nokia Belle and it didn't look to bad after all.

Steve (AAS) promised to review his E6 running Nokia Belle once his E6 has been granted access to the update ... 

I remember they had a discussion on ***************about flashing an old firmware (Anna!) over Belle (IIRC a leaked Belle) on a Nokia E7?!?

My E6 still runs Anna ...

Cheers,

Lars 

MODERATORS NOTE: Links/References to illegal software has been removed. Discussion of illegal third party software is not allowed on the forums as it could potentially damage Nokia devices and void any existing warranty. Please do not discuss or distribute illegal software on the official Nokia forums.

Please use plain text.

Hi

I have recently installed Belle on my E6. First impressions were good until i turned it off. Every time i power up my phone it asks for the security code. I can press one digit and enter and it says 'incorrect pin' or 'incorrect pin entered 5 times, please wait 5 minutes'. I go to security settings and the security isn't even switched on. I have tried reinstalling the software but its still the same. Also, when contact search is turned on sometimes when i press a key it wont start searching for names unless i turn off search and turn it back on again..really annoying when quickly trying to dial numbers

Anyone else had this issue?

Please use plain text.
Advisor
Arde_fin

E6+Belle+Calculator

Found a little issue from calculator, don't know whether its the mentioned combination only.

When calculating with decimal numbers, I can't use the hardkey dot ".", it won't work. After I hit the softkey "." I get the decimal part in. Good. Now when I press the hardkey "Enter" it only highlights the softkey "." and does nothing else. 

The "enter" has to be pushed from the softkey "=", and after that the hardkey "enter" works again.

Annoying since E6 has the hardkeys, I wouldn't like to use the softkeys at all, or least as possible anyway.

(Funny that there is like thousands of comments about Belle being bad and multiple problems, but I only found one official Nokia reply, not very promising?)

Please use plain text.
jishnu1925

Hi after upate my nokia e6 to belle, the functions r not working smootely like anna.

1) flash player is not working

2) no battery indicators 

3) no angry bird game is availiable 

verry disapointed

Please use plain text.
Advisor
Arde_fin

jishnu1925 wrote:

Hi after upate my nokia e6 to belle, the functions r not working smootely like anna.

1) flash player is not working

2) no battery indicators 

3) no angry bird game is availiable 

verry disapointed

1) Haven't tested yet

2) no indicator on the top right corner, or something else?

3) I just (a week ago) downloaded Angry Birds from Ovi and it is working on my E6+Belle. Later versions were available too but the first was for free. Maybe you have some setting problem that disables Birds? Shouldn't be a Belle problem though. 

I first had problem finding Angry Birds, but I had messed up the phone setting. After resetting the right phone to Ovi settings everything appeared right again :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
gunio

I am also disappointed with the 'upgrade'. I suggest people to step up so nokia realizes it's really an issue.. The usability of this business phone is now worst then ever. Widgets are much oversized and seems they havent been customized to fit E6 screen like in Anna. Battery level is almost invisible. Google maps app is not working. The slider for blocking keyboard is oversensitive now.
So lets speak up and let Nokia realize there are some serious business users of this phone which will go to the competition after such treat..
Please use plain text.
Advisor
xevilman

Nokia dosen't seem to be interested in our problems.

Now my email won't sync anymore and I need to reboot every time when I wish to update my mail.
Sliding button is a horror show after the update.
Also I need to do a hard reboot every time when I want to use mobile banking.
Please use plain text.