Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Can I move back from Nokia Belle to lower vers...

Sukar27

Can I move back from Nokia Belle to lower version of Symbion?

I installed Belle on my E6 and having a lot of trouble with it. Main issue is that wherever there is an option key at the center of row at bottom, Touch functionality is disabled at center. I am not able to activate the center key.

This means, I cannot even set an alarm, cannot add locations in World Clock menu, cannot search programs from main menu, etc...

Need immediate solution please...

Karthik

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

Re: Can I move back from Nokia Belle to lower version of Symbion?

You can't rollback the Firmware .. Try re-installing the latest update ..

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
DESe6

I am sure this post will be removed by the moderators, but if you "upgraded" to Belle, you ruined your phone. Belle has been a debacle from the get go. I hosed my E6 with Belle. Belle turned a fairly good phone into a piece of trash; literally for me since I destroyed the phone and threw it way. All of us who trashed our phones with Belle, feel your pain and frustration. So long Noworkia, waiting for my Galaxy SIII to arrive.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
jimmyireland

Enjoy your S3 then. bye bye.

If  i have helped at all a click on the white star below would be nice thanks.

Now using the Lumia 1520
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
DESe6

Jimmy, it pains me to jump ship from Nokia. I don't take it lightly. I have been using Nokia phones for years. In fact right now I am using my 5 year old beat up old falling apart E71 while waiting for the S3 to arrive. The E71 is a way better phone that the E6. If the E6 had been built on S60 then we wouldn’t be having this discussion. I don’t care about album art flow and pretty icons and “Retina” screens, etc. I want a phone that is solid and works. Other than the camera (and it didn’t even have AF), the E6 was a huge disappointment across the board and Belle made it worse.
Android is not what I would call a great OS and I am not looking forward to the switch but the choices are limited: Android, WP8 and iOS. And I am not going to use an Apple product. I demo’ed a 920 and it just didn’t feel like a Nokia. It may have Nokia hardware but what made Nokia great was Symbian and I am not talking about Belle. The Lumia feels like a Microsoft product. It doesn't really matter if it says Nokia or HTC or Samsung on the package, it's still driven by WP8. Symbian is what made Nokia unique and fun. Stuff that I loved about the E71 is no longer found on any Nokia products.
I mean no disrespect, but the Nokia products and features that I loved are now gone, nowhere to be found.
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
DESe6

@jimmyireland:  Something I find rather funny is that you so quickly dismiss me (and others on this forum) when you said exactly the same thing in a previous post:

http://discussions.nokia.com/t5/Software-Updates/Symbian-Anna/m-p/992015#M88294

Condescending pile.

Please use plain text.