Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Can't connect to Yahoo Messenger on 3rd party chat...

cris2d2

Can't connect to Yahoo Messenger on 3rd party chat apps - NOKIA E6

There is a great app that I used to chat for years, but since Feb 28th it doesn't let me log in my Yahoo account. It's called Nimbuzz. It gives me "Yahoo Messenger is not available" and "User blocked" errors.

Neither Palringo or Fring can't connect to my Yahoo account. More on this, I tried other Yahoo account, but with no succes. My Yahoo accounts are not blocked, because I can log in on any computer or mobile web browser. Also, Yahoo Messenger app for Windows is working without a problem.

Do you have any similar problems with Yahoo accounts and 3rd party chat apps?

Please use plain text.
aleisha11

Re: Can't connect to Yahoo Messenger on 3rd party chat apps - NOKIA E6

You can uninstall and re-install the application. You can do that by going to Menu > Settings > Application manager > Installed apps. > Select and hold the application to remove, and from the pop-up menu, select UninstallIf it's still the same, you need to contact the developer of the application to verify if there's an issue with their application.

Hope this helps. :smileyhappy:

Nokia Lumia 1020 - nothing comes close Nokia Asha 501 - super smart pocket power 

Follow us on Twitter Watch Nokia Support Videos

Please use plain text.
cris2d2

Re: Can't connect to Yahoo Messenger on 3rd party chat apps - NOKIA E6

[ Edited ]

aleisha11, I just tried your method but right after reinstall, Nimbuzz gave the same error when trying to connect to Yahoo: "Yahoo! Messenger is not available" and changed the status of Yahoo Messenger account to "User blocked".

I know there is something weird and fishy about Yahoo's latest signing and accessing methods, because some chat clients (either mobile or desktop) can't connect anymore to Yahoo Messenger. More on this, IMAP is not working anymore for free Yahoo Mail (therefore Yahoo Mail 3rd party clients that use IMAP protocols can't connect and retrieve new emails notification).

I hope Yahoo and/or apps developers will focus on these matters as soon as possible.

Please use plain text.