Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Cannot delete MMS access point in E7-00

jchgbfvlaewkhfg

Cannot delete MMS access point in E7-00

this is utterly stupid. i don't use MMS on my phone.

Yet, I have some MMS settings defined.

Now this APN definition doesn't show up in "Network Destinations", and hence cannot be deleted.

What happens is, this access point is somehow in the global list of access points that an application tries to use. When I launch an application, it tries to use the "Internet" destination. If it somewhy fails to establish a connection using that, it automatically tries to establish a connection using the MMS destination.

Utter nonsense. Of course the MMS APN is not a general purpose APN, a connection is established but it still won't pull up web pages using the MMS APN, and I get charged. The free GPRS pack is not applicable for MMS APN. Called up my service provider, and they say it's not their problem, it's a Nokia problem.

Why on earth would someone make such a stupid design decision?

What's wrong with you guys Nokia?

Are your designers really this stupid? Don't you guys hire qualified engineers?

Total utter cr*p.

Who's gonna pay the amount i have been charged for using the MMS APN? Money doesn't come easy. I'm taking this to a court of law. Thanks.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
jimmyireland

Finished talking nonsense?

If  i have helped at all a click on the white star below would be nice thanks.

Now using the Lumia 1520
Please use plain text.
jchgbfvlaewkhfg

And why is this nonsense? because some jimmy from ireland thinks it is? Or is it because i'm not into kissing Nokia's **bleep**? A little google research reveals i'm not the only one facing this issue. And E7 is not the only device with this issue either.
If you don't have a solution, dont post cr#p.
I've called up nokia care. They said a senior executive will get in touch with me within 48 hours, and gave me an incident ID for future reference.
Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
jekiboi20

Hi Guys,

Just a gentle reminder, we are using a peer-to-peer discussion forum and we have to maintain a friendly atmosphere. Please ensure polite and respectful correspondence with each other to avoid causing arguments and offending other users.

Thank you!

Nokia Lumia 1020 - nothing comes close Nokia Asha 501 - super smart pocket power 

Follow us on Twitter Watch Nokia Support Videos

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
scoobyman

You omitted to say whether this is a generic SIM free or network branded E7-00 incidentally which possibly may have some bearing upon issue.

If you open browser > tap three horizontal line icon at bottom right of screen > Settings > General > Access point - try temporarily changing to "Ask when needed", which should give you a further opportunity to re-define chosen AP.

Happy to have helped forum in a small way with a Support Ratio = 37.0

Please use plain text.