Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Corded USB headphone for Nokia E7-00

Registered Member
neutralbay

Corded USB headphone for Nokia E7-00

Does anybody know if a corded USB headphone plus mic will work with the Nokia E7? I'd like to use a full over-the-ear headphone with boom mic with my nokia E7 rather than the set you get in the box, and I don't want to go to the expense of buying a Bluetooth set. There doesn't seem to be any conventional headphone and mic combo with a single jack available out there, so I'm wondering if a corded USB headphone/mic will work. Thanks.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
carman58

Can't find anthing on the web confirming it will work, but people have tried many devices. If I wanted to try it , I'd approach a shop and check returns policy and buy and try, or even ask for a demo and plug the headset into the phone and try it before purchase ?

If I have helped at all, a click on the White Star is always appreciated :

you can also help others by marking 'accept as solution:smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
C2L_Eu

Go for the HS-45 / AD-43 woks fine with my E7.

Hope that helps.

C2L
Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
carman58

[ Edited ]

These are not over the head headphones with boom mic ?? As far as I understand it, the OP is wanting a similar headset to those used by people at call centres with full earphones and a mouth piece that curves arround to the users mouth ?

Not this

http://www.nokia.co.uk/find-products/accessories/all-accessories/headsets-accessories/wired-headsets...

But This

http://www.logitech.com/en-us/webcam-communications/internet-headsets-phones/devices/3622

If I have helped at all, a click on the White Star is always appreciated :

you can also help others by marking 'accept as solution:smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
asturcon3

Using HS-45 with Panasonic RP-HS47 here.

HS-45 gives you the micro, the multimedia buttons, volume, etc, and an standard 3.5mm jack to plug the eadphones you like.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
no1_slumko

carman58 wrote:

These are not over the head headphones with boom mic ?? As far as I understand it, the OP is wanting a similar headset to those used by people at call centres with full earphones and a mouth piece that curves arround to the users mouth ?

Not this

http://www.nokia.co.uk/find-products/accessories/all-accessories/headsets-accessories/wired-headsets...

But This

http://www.logitech.com/en-us/webcam-communications/internet-headsets-phones/devices/3622

When I realised the 2nd link is to a usb headset it made me wonder if it can't be used with usb on the go.:smileyhappy:

I think it would be worth a try. I mean have nothing to lose if you also  try one of these out at a store. AFAIK usb on the go can only be used with flash drives but what if it does work???

Show your appreciation. Hit that kudos button real hard
Please use plain text.
Contributor
josefe

I have bought a Plantronics C420-M USB headphone with boom mic for my Laptop and tried it on my E7 and to my surprised it recognised it as a headset on my phone via the CA-157 USB adaptor cable. Unfortunately when you connect it, it shows you that you have to use the phone's mic therefore the boom mic does not work on this headset. I would be surprised if other headsets might work.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
PJD2013

I have successfully  paired Nokia E7+Logitech 960 USB headset using CA-157 adapter cable. Other working headset model is Plantronics A630M

Please use plain text.