Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: E-71 Keys not working

Registered Member

E-71 Keys not working

The z, x, c, v, b, n, and m keys do not always work on my new e71. All other keys work all the time with no problem. How can I fix this??
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

I have the same issue only the key for me that works some of the time is the left selection key or Menu.  Makes it hard to unlock the phone when I want to use it.  Let me know if you find a fix.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member

Hi,

I am having the same issues.  The keys that does not work for me are 3, 6, 9, calendar button and the unlock function key.  If I keep pressing the keys it makes no difference and then they will starting working again.  This goes one numerous times througout the day to be a big problem.  I am having my phone replaced by my service provider but will I be having the same problems with the new phone.  When this first started my unlock code used a couple of those button so imagine my agony when I trying to get something done.  When this first started I thought the phone was frozen as I wasn't able to unlock the phone - so I would remove the battery.  It was a couple weeks later that I realized that the problem were with the keys themselves.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member

Hey Guys,

I have the same issue as Siron.. I'm very frustrated at this point. the same keys u mentioned are the same keys that i have a problem with. How could it have been a hardware problem and it just so happens that we have a problem with the exact keys? What exactly did u do to correct this problem?

Please use plain text.
Registered Member

Deviantmind,

I left my E71 with Nokia Care and they repaired it in a couple of days.

Please use plain text.
djtiger01

I am experiencing the same issue with the z-m row of the qwerty.  I find occasionally if I hold down the key, it works.  Also, I find that sometimes going backwards from "." then "," then "m" to the desired letter, then erasing the nonsense works, but this is a silly workaround in the longterm.

I find that it's only the letter z-m and the numbers 7-9 that are causing the issue.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member

I had my provider replace my phone and I have not had any other issues with the new device.  So clearly there is an issue with the device itself. 

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
maneater

You may find the contact details of the Nokia Carepoint through this link : www.nokia.com

Please use plain text.