Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

E5-00 Skype and video call

Contributor
sialav
Accepted Solution

E5-00 Skype and video call

Hello,

My E5-00 has a front camera (never used but suppose as i have in the call menu "video call" and would like to use it with Skype. But I didn't find any options to do that in Skype. Anybody would have a clue on that ?

Any answer welcome, thank's in advance, cheers

Please use plain text.
Contributor
sialav

Re: E5-00 Skype and video call

[ Edited ]

Ok, sorry, found out the answer myself, should have cheched Skype features before posting. It is simply not possible with Skype.

Edit : by the way it is quite silly as it is possible with an Iphone...

Please use plain text.
Sage

The E5 supports video calling over 3G provided your network supports video calling.

N86 8mp: RM-485,0590552; Version 20.115 - 6/29/2009. - -- E71-2; RM-357; 0569371; Version 100.07.76 - 6/08/2008.
N8; N900
Please use plain text.
Advisor
ApOD

The E5-00 does not have a front facing camera.

"by the way it is quite silly as it is possible with an Iphone..."

Yes, an unlocked iPhone 4 costs >3x more than an unlocked E5. Even bearing in mind Apple's margins, you do more or less get what you pay for.

Please use plain text.
samueldc

Sorry. If it does not have a front camera, what the hell is that thing in the top-right? Is it a kind of sensor or somewhat?

:smileysurprised:

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
SuperDesi

its a light sensor
Please use plain text.