Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: E5 Gallery problem

absar007
Accepted Solution

E5 Gallery problem

I have changed my memory card,But it still shows the name of the image file which was in the old memory card.When i am trying to delete,it shows system error.

How can i delete that file and cleanup my gallery.

It looks very bad,if file name exists which is actually not in the current memory card.

Please resolve my problem.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
pdrrocks

I have d same problem... I had got some videos from a friend via bluetooth n den deleted them. But the gallery still shows all those videos which is irritating and then when I try to delete or view them it says :
General: System Error.. please provide me a solution....
Please use plain text.
shiiti

even i m facing the same error

ANY SOLUTIONSnPLEASE

Please use plain text.
Advisor
fpontos

the same type of error <- waiting for a solution from nokia

I remove pictures from computer

Please help

Please use plain text.
Advisor
n1c6m

i got that problem too .. and what i do is to reset my phone .. and it was fine then! :smileyhappy:

find how to hard reset the phone :smileyhappy: but dont forget to have a back up first :smileyvery-happy:

Please use plain text.
Advisor
fpontos

*#7780# dont help me :smileysad: maybe another code...

Please use plain text.
Advisor
bhavish

i was having the same problem in my Nokia E5. i inserted the memor card of blackberry phone n after removing, this problem happened. i thought that might be the some  format of images of blackberry are not supporting  in my phone n the problem happened of General system error while deleting the images.

so i just formated the phone memory by *#7370# n then i was able to delete these images n the problem was solved.

Please use plain text.
absar007

thnx
Please use plain text.
Upgread

but by formating phone other data like application are also deleted . Is any another solution for the same problem

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

Copy the Images on your PC and with the Old Memory Card in the phone, try deleting from the Gallery.. Even if it gets deleted from the MC, you have the copy on PC..See if this works.. and post results..

Please use plain text.
estherdenison

I entered that code *#7370# and it said it would "restore all original phone setting?" this code is not to reformat phone memory

Please use plain text.
Advisor
fpontos

[ Edited ]

I copy one jpg file from phone to pc, rename file with error file name and then copy on phone. You will have the same file with more names and you will be able to delete the file.

In this way you don't must use no code.

My english is not the best, but I hope people will understand what I mean

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
frank76

hi i tried this code and i got a message that the request failed. what is the next course of action

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
jimboy22

thanks for this post.. i got problem with deleting system error file since last year and after reading your post i tried it right away.. and it worked for me!! although my contacts were deleted butt it not a problem.. at least my 364 error files are gone now!! thanks a lot! keep up the good job!
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Ability19

Dis is wat i did... Make sure u have a pc.
For example d file name dat does nt want to delete is 00000001.jpg copy any image den rename it to 00000001.jpg and transfa it back to ur fone then just remove ur usb cable go to galery share for dat file 00000001 and delete it... dats how i did mine... If u have like so many tins givin u system error just rename any file and send it back to the fone and keep deleting them. I hope dis help u all... Peace.....
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Sergio_Sz

I upgraded lately my SD card to 8 Gb., transferring 1,5Gb from the old 2Gb card.
This worked when I first formatted IN THE PHONE the new SD card. Nokia formats the card and creates a dir structure.
If you have issues, I think you should transfer the files to a PC, format the card in the phone, and copying all back. No issues should happen then.
The hard and soft reset methods are, for me, a very last resort. I have my E5 for more than a year now, and never had to do resets.

Hope this helps...

Regards.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
MYNAMEISJHONY

[ Edited ]

YOUR PROBLEM IS SOLFT HOW PLS PLS TELL ME 

Moderator's note: E-mail address was removed. It is unwise to publish personal contact information on a public forum.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
MYNAMEISJHONY

have changed my memory card,But it still shows the name of the image file which was in the old memory card.When i am trying to delete,it shows system error.

How can i delete that file and cleanup my gallery.

It looks very bad,if file name exists which is actually not in the current memory card.

Please resolve my problem. i well try reset code everything but this is not working ufff i m tried pls fri give the solution pls

Please use plain text.