Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: E5 - Set clock as screensaver?

Registered Member
dsl55

E5 - Set clock as screensaver?

Hi, I have just been given an E5 for work and rather than it just have a blank screen whilst not using it I wondered if you are able to set it to display the clock? Have tried but failed so far!

Please use plain text.
Sage
Lexusfan

While the keypad is locked at homescreen, press and hold one of 4 direction buttons, the lock will show up. At least it works on e72

Please use plain text.
Contributor
geluadi2000

yep..it works...how long you keep touching ,you can see clock...not remain on screen...just like a info..

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
jimmyireland

the clock wont stay on screen either all new nokia phones screens go black after a selected time frame

If  i have helped at all a click on the white star below would be nice thanks.

Now using the Lumia 1520
Please use plain text.
Sage
Lexusfan

Oh, I 've just remembered. Go to Settings/General/Personalisation/Themes/Power Saver/Date

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
akshay0123

hi   theres  no  option of  power saver  ,, in  nokia e5  what  to  do nw.. cn  u  plz  guide me.. hw  will i  apply screen  saver.,.  

Please use plain text.
akramsaeed

Re: E5 - More Problem With Nokia E-5

Same Problem Of My nokia E-5

theres  no  option of  power saver  .. hw  will i  apply screen  saver.,.

also No (zoom in)  option with captured photos..

also No Games

it Big Mistake To purchase  E-5  :-(

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
heineoen

Does the Nokia E5 not feature a screensaver? :smileysurprised:
N8 FW: 022.014 -- Please separate Artist & Albums!
N86 8MP FW: 30.009 -- We need a new FW on this phone!
E51 FW: 410.34.001
E70 FW: 2.0618.07.10 -- Why no v3 for my code?
Please use plain text.
rhytmdivine

I think the cause of this problem is the cost-cutting employed by Nokia. E5 employs a transmissive QVGA screen vis a vis the transflective screens in E63 E71 and the like..

A transmissive screen cannot reflect ambient light and hence  wouldn't be readable without the backlight whereas the transflective screen would reflect the ambient light and hence reading would be possible without the backlight( that is switched off in screensaver mode.)

Hence, the E5 hardware cannot support a screensaver, unlike the earlier E series phones.  

Please use plain text.
arunarun69

You can zoom the photos by doing this, goto "galary-images-open photos and press volume increase/decrease button" (which is very ugly designed)
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
manissmdl

select the volume key for (zoom in ) for captured image..go to www.ovi.com or ovi store for games and apps.....!!!!!!!:smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.

If you hold select key actual time, date, missed calls, messages, and mode will be displayed.

Please use plain text.
sumit_rawat

how i apply screen saver on my nokia e5 pllzz help. :whistling:   

Please use plain text.