Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: E5 Text message alert not working

faheemrana

Re: E5 Text message

Press the "Sym" buttons Two Tyms... It will Change to Symbols...

Please use plain text.
vishalfast007

[ Edited ]

Hello I am using Nokia E5-00 Business series, from two days my mobile message tone not working and the event not going to be fired when some one send me a message, it didnt sound any tone, in addition to that my message or riging vibration alert its also not working when someone send me a message or calls me..anyone please help me to get rid of this..

Moderator's notes: personal e-mail address removed. Nokia does not recommend users to post sensitive information on the forums. 

http://twitter.com/vishalfast007
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
kamlesh786

Kindly delete your some messages from SIM CARD. That will solve your problem.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
chevymanrocks

im on my second nokia e5 inwhich the text alerts have stopped working for no reason at all,

Please use plain text.
CBETA

OMG people!!! :squint:  You helped me to solve the problem I've had for almost a week!  I tried to reboot the phone but it didn't work.  I even went and bought myself another phone...  I deleted almost 3000 text messages and it worked!  It also made my phone work faster!  :w00t:  Thank you all, you are a clever bunch of people! :thumbup:

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Oblivion06

I am facing the same problem. plz tell what is the best and permanent solution?

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Oblivion06

same with me... unable to solve the problem
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

Did you try what CBETA did ? (refer Message 25 above)

Please use plain text.
Advisor
6085huser

Seems to be no way to type certain symbols.  What about ¢ and °, for example?  I don't see them.

Please use plain text.
JotaSolano

I had this problem too, the first time, about a few months after the purchase, it was solved just by deleting the +2500 mesagges (sms) I had on my phone.

I've had the phone for a few years now and just had the same problem. I had lots of sms, but deleting them did not solve the issue, nor deleting the SIM messages (the folder was empy anyway).

I had to delete the whole gmail mail account (cause I couldn't find a way to delete the messages -just- on my phone and not on my actual account).

The alerts are working now, just have to reconfigure my gmail mail account. I read the whole thread and nobody thought about this solution, so if you can, "like" it or whatever so it's at least on the first page for another user to see.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
6085huser

Due to my ridiculously active social life, I'm once again near 2000 total (sent + received) combined SMS and MMS.  Message notification is still working..for now.  It will be interesting to see how many messages I have when notification stops working again, which I fully expect to happen.

Please use plain text.
vishnu14kapadia

my messege is not sending properly. I mean when i sent message, in my outbox message resent at.(some time). How could i quick sent sms ???
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

vishnu14kapadia wrote:
my messege is not sending properly. I mean when i sent message, in my outbox message resent at.(some time). How could i quick sent sms ???

If its a new problem ( earlier working fine...) you may contact your Operator to confirm that its not related to Network..

Please use plain text.