Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

E5 copy Sim to Phone

prody

E5 copy Sim to Phone

Hi, i have an E5, i have tryed for hours and i cannot find a way to o copy/transfer the Sim memory contacts to Phone memory , in the manual it says that the first time you open the phone it asks if you want to import but the guy at the store open it first time and probably he choose not to import .

Anyway i cannot find the way to copy/transfer the Sim memory contacts to Phone memory , please if you can help me i will be very happy.

Thank You

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
mccbleue

Re: E5 copy Sim to Phone

I haven't used an E5, but if it is anything like similar recent S60 phones, you should be able to go to to Contacts then select Options>Settings and set 'Contacts to display' to just SIM memory.

Then select Options>Mark/unmark>Mark all, then select Options>Copy>Phone memory.

Once done, go back to Options>Settings>Contacts to display and select Phone memory again. You'll probably also have to set 'Default saving memory' back to 'Phone memory'.

Some phones habve a simpler option: Options>SIM numbers>Copy all to phone.

Please use plain text.
prody

Thank You, it is solved, i tryed for hours i cannot belive i did not see that mark all options and then when i sellect copy it will copy all to telephone.

It was important because when i tryed to make the eight contacts for quick call,only using the 2-9 from the keyboard the phone says that that it must copy them to the phone memory for being able to use that quick call option, but the problem was that after copying them to the phone, they were doubles,so when one of them was calling me, the phone did not show the identity,only the number because in the contacts list they apperead two times,one from sim and the second from the phone memory....anyway problem soved,thank you.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
tattooed_mummy

thanks!! I was struggling with where the settings were too!! all sorted! :smileyvery-happy:

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
richard353

go this way my friend:

menu.- contacts - 4 times in right untill itsgroup(s) on display - options - settings - contacts to display - click on SIM memory - ok.

Thats 100 percent  working.

Please use plain text.