Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: E5 problem pls help

snl_2328
Accepted Solution

E5 problem pls help

Hi I recently bought nokia e5 & iys really good better than i expected it to be everything works fine except, i problem i want to know if it supports GIF wallpapers i tried installing it but it does not move so if n1 knows how i can enable GIF wallpapers in nokia e5 it will be really helpful.......

THANKS in Advance.......pls reply!:smileyindifferent:

Please use plain text.
Professor
Ztuka

I really don´t know, but under settings-themes-options maybe you have alternative for this?

Have you checked the manual?

E52 Manual

Nokia 808 again (delight Belle), Nokia E7 and X7 ( again, all on Delight Belle...after some time on Nokia Lumia 925 (retired), 1020 (not that great)and Lumia 820 (Replaced my router at home, great for internet sharing).., N9 The best device ever (use it as much as Lumia 1020), Nokia 700 (Sport Phone/My Love :-) ) Nokia 701, Nokia E6 (Should have a follow-up from Nokia among with larger screen, NFC, Autofocus), Lumia 800 (Retired After 6 weeks), -Sports Tracker-Nokia Internet Radio-Handy Safe-Skype-Bambuser-Screenshot app pro-fMobi-ComingNext-Manual TaskSwitcher-jagiTimer-Easy StopWatch-Boldbeast-Equalizer-Financial Calculator-WiMP Music-YTasks-Davi-Thumbnail Folders-BizCalendar-Tiny7-Situations-nn reeder-Sport Timer-CameraLover-CameraPro-GrabRadio-LiveScore-Poddi-Gravity-SkyFilesPro
Please use plain text.
snl_2328

Hi well i did check manual & it does say that it supports GIF images but when i practically appy them it doesn't seem to work n ya my model is Nokia E5-00
Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
thetao

[ Edited ]

As you've noticed, your phone supports animated gifs in the browser and in the image viewer, but not as wallpaper.  I don't think any Symbian phone ever has.

The only solution I know is AnimSprite.  See http://cumaini.com/2011/04/free-download-application-animsprite-displaying-animated-images-homescree... .  I don't think it supports full, animated 320x240 images exactly, as much as it supports a smaller animation with a transparent background.  The result is still impressive.  Cut and paste the "Download Link" from the page, and then install the "selfsigned" version.  And keep an eye on your battery, in case the animation makes it drain faster.  Hope that helps!

Please use plain text.
snl_2328

Thank You soooooooooo much that helped n works fine thanks ...........:smileyvery-happy:

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
angedoceu12

:thumbsup:Thank you ever so much for that link you uploaded. I am finally able to get some of the apps for my phone.  Do you know where to get a light dimmer for nokia e5 to darken the screen a bit so I can give my eyes a rest? let me know if you know and upload a downloadable link please,thanks.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
angedoceu12

You should have preloaded on your phone so whenyou download a gif image of the web is just setting up as a wallpaper, it can happen like to me where something hacked onto the phone and sometimes hides my original apps which means the phone wont do what is supposed to unless you format the phone and memory card and then update the phone. Is a headache, lots of work and liek to myself happened where I lost everything, is not very nice at all... just do as I said or go to ovi and download a scren saver which will set up automatically, or others, try and check my other replies to similar posts where I present other options. but this happened to me and was not nice, that is why I could not see my animated wallpapers:smileysad: but now the phone seems ok, hope it stays that way. best of luck.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
angedoceu12

manual is not very helpful to be honest.nokia symbians do display animated wallpapers based on gif images, if not is because the device is hacked with a virus which hides phone functions and is a massive trouble as you lose everything on there if you format it to get what you need back as you lose other stuff if you dont back it up prior that happens. I would like to know how to prevent that actually, is the only thing that gets to me because every device is vulnerable to that considering not everyone is empowered to use determined resorts.
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
angedoceu12

yep, sadly you have to format your device, I hope ou back up your stuff, I did not and lost most of my fav stuff:smileysad: so yes, format and then update, you should be able to get what you need back on there, if not contact nokia for free or your phone operator... best of luck.
Please use plain text.