Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

E51, 220.34.37 FW specific bugs (A2DP and Internet...

Advisor

E51, 220.34.37 FW specific bugs (A2DP and Internet Telephony)

Hi,

I recently updated my E51 handset (RM-244) to the 220.34.37 FW and noticed the following bugs which I believe are specific to this FW version:

1) After I connect my A2DPH headset (SE HBH-DS200), the phone starts consuming more battery power which is obviously OK. The problem is that the battery draining continues even after the headset is disconnected and BT is turned off. This is apparent from energy consumption graph obtained via Energy Profiler where the energy consumption alternates each cca 4 sec. between a higher and a lower state which shortens the device's expected battery life by as much as 33% when compared to normal standby operation prior to first activating A2DP (flat line in the Energy profiler). Soft resetting the device (via JBakTaskMan) does not maky any difference, only a full reboot reverts it to the correct behaviour.
Since I use A2DP quite heavily I'm used to recharging my phone every day but with this bug the phone cannot even make it through a single day quite often.

This is obviously not to mention the multitude of other A2DP related bugs that seem to be inherent to the E-series platform. I am redy to provide detailed feedback on those as well only if there is a guarantee that it will be heard and acted upon. So far it seems that proper A2DP support on E-series devices is very low on Nokia's priority list because bugs that have been known for over a year have still not been dealt with via a FW update.

2) The phone will not disconnect from a WiFi hotspot when requested to do so by the "Disconnect" command in the Internet Telephony application.
In order to actually disconnect, I need to
I) select "Disconnect" in the Internet Telephony application, II) "Disconnect from WLAN" using the homescreen WLAN plugin, and III) "Turn WLAN scanning off" via the same. Please note that I have registration set to "When needed" in my SIP profile.
I am sure that this behaviour is specific to the latest FW version, it never happened to me with the older versions.

Please let me know wheter your support staff is able to reproduce these problems. I am willing to provide more detailed reports, logs etc. if there is a change that the problems will be actually dealt with.

Bye
Petr
Please use plain text.
Advisor

Re: E51, 220.34.37 FW specific bugs (A2DP and Internet Telephony)

I need to correct my previous post as it appears that the battery drainage is not related to A2DP and the new FW after all but is rather caused by the TSRAutoStart.exe process run by GMobileXT navigation software by Garmin, I'm sorry about that.
The WLAN problem still seems to be 220.34.37 FW specific though.

Petr
Please use plain text.