Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: E51 - Firmware update issue

Registered Member

E51 - Firmware update issue

[ Edited ]

Hello

after updating to the new firmware (400.) I have the following issues:

* SMS text messages which contain access point settings for my provide do not open... I get the message that the message format is not supported. I could easily open the message before, and applying the settings using the pin code

* wifi access hangs, it connects but then hangs. There is no way to switch it off. I have to turn the phone off and on again to get it going

is there any way to revert to the factory firmware or something like that?

Thank you

Message Edited by daxie on 03-Jul-2009 02:21 PM
Please use plain text.

No unfortunately I don't believe you can revert back to older or original firmware.

Please use plain text.
Sage
mszilard

with the new firmware i didn't have any issues regarding wifi access,but the internet is much, much faster. 
RM-244
Nokia E51
Please use plain text.
Sage
coopere

daxie wrote:

Hello

after updating to the new firmware (400.) I have the following issues:

* SMS text messages which contain access point settings for my provide do not open... I get the message that the message format is not supported. I could easily open the message before, and applying the settings using the pin code

* wifi access hangs, it connects but then hangs. There is no way to switch it off. I have to turn the phone off and on again to get it going

is there any way to revert to the factory firmware or something like that?

Thank you

Message Edited by daxie on 03-Jul-2009 02:21 PM

when did you update to version 400. mine is at 300.34.56

everything happens for a reason
check out my blog @ http://mycellife.blogspot.com/
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

a few days ago, last Thursday I think.

Another issue I have is that the usb connection seems to fail sometimes. For example I load my messages with the communicator, and after 30 something s, they disappear. I can't send any messages using the software anymore either...

Aargh, if it isn't broken, don't fix it I presume

Please use plain text.
Sage
coopere

daxie wrote:

a few days ago, last Thursday I think.

Another issue I have is that the usb connection seems to fail sometimes. For example I load my messages with the communicator, and after 30 something s, they disappear. I can't send any messages using the software anymore either...

Aargh, if it isn't broken, don't fix it I presume

oh ok. haven't checked for any new updates recently, but i'm kind of happy i didn't. i use wi-fi everyday on mine especially for nokia email. if the wi-fi hangs then i will not be updating to this firmware any time soon.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
radical24

correct, there is no way to revert to an older firmware but you can try reinstalling the most current firmware and see how that works for you and if there is any change. remember to back up all your data ofcourse. the only place where you could revert firmware is nokia care pionts but they are not very keen on doing so as it has potential for more damage then usefullness. it will also cost you to revert back. it is definitely not adivsed to do so at all. 
You know what I love about you the most, the fact that you are not me ! In love with technology and all that it can offer. Join me in discovery....
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

error

can you help me with this problem...?

i cant update my phone's firmware...

Please use plain text.
Registered Member

Hi,

I too had that error several times, and fixed it by removing both my SIM card and my Memory card from the phone.

Hope it helps, don't forget to do a full backup before you upgrade!

Mooooose

Please use plain text.

i know you are trying to update ur phone using vista. try xp i has the same problem. It all went well in one go
Please use plain text.
Sage
coopere

upgraded to the latest firmware and now the music player stopped working. not sure if its the firmware's fault or some other deeper internal issue.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

Hello,

I managed to fix it yesterday.

Apparently there was an incompatibility with some of my phone settings and the new firmware.

When reinstalling the new firmware, and only restoring messages, notes, contacts but not the settings everything worked fine.

It took me a while to setup everything again, but wifi and usb works again flawlessly.

Please use plain text.

Hi all,

here is my finding with new fw 400.34.011 26-05-2009:

- default voice recorder time limit <=1 min! Only High quality <= 1 hour. (may be ok)

- sometime light does not switch ON. Only reload helps.

- my old bluetooth headset stop working (may be coincidence)

- phone reload two times during two days!!!  Never see that before.

I'm regret that I did upgrade. Don't do it without real necessity. No way back without Nokia Care Service.

Pavel

Please use plain text.
dgtpro

Hi.

After i update this last firmware, my phone blocked couple of time, when i tried to answer (only remover the baterry can unblock), my earphone is to low, i can`t hear anything.

Anything about that??? 

Please use plain text.

[ Edited ]

Hello

I've Updated my E51 firmware to 400.34.011 but occures the following problem:

The Wifi icon is always on the top of my phone screen( i think the status bar it called)& also it can find the WLANs which are available but it can't access any pages thru internet.

is there any way to fix this problem or the only way is to revert to the privious firmware(200.34.36)

Thank you

Message Edited by behzad69 on 21-Aug-2009 07:54 AM
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

I've got the same problem. With 400.34.011 phone freezes on incoming gsm call and on remainder alarm from time to time.
Please use plain text.
Sage
coopere

this firmware was bad. Apart from the music player malfunctioning by refusing to update added music, but it hangs alot and have 2 remove battery
Please use plain text.

I upgraded to the new firmware and having the same issue with the music player on my e51! I'd really like to see Nokia correct this issue. In the mean time does any one know of a GOOD, free music player?
Please use plain text.
Sage
coopere

we are not allowed to discuss this here, but if you google you're sure to find one.
Please use plain text.

My appologies. Thank you.

Any idea if Nokia will fix this bug?

Please use plain text.