Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

E52 Charging problem !

Contributor

E52 Charging problem !

Hi,

2 days ago i got my E52. Very nice phone, BUT .... !
When i go to recharge it i get some strange problem, the phone isn't want to recharge while turned off.
I use original recharger with some plug from the recharger to MicroUSB provided by nokia inside the box.
It's is the first time i got so strange problem in nokia phones.

Is there anything to do with it ???

The phone recharges only from USB or when turned ON. ?!

Thanks
Please use plain text.
Professor

Re: E52 Charging problem !

When the phone is off and you put the charger in, it may take a few seconds/minutes for the phone to actually turn on and ackowledge that it's being charged. Have you left it for a good amount of minutes?
Please use plain text.
Contributor

Yep.

What's happens is that it shows the charging bar with one line and it's not charging.
Please use plain text.
Sage
ryanismo

What "recharger" are you using? I believe you are using a different charger for another NOKIA phone. Use the charger that came with your very nice E52. :smileytongue:
02-06-2010
RM-346
Nokia E71-1 (27)
Please use plain text.
Contributor

I owend an original AC-10 charger with Micro USB.
Please use plain text.
Sage
ryanismo

Try this:

- Turn off phone

- Plug the charger to the power outlet

- Connect the charger to your E52

- Leave it for 5 minutes

- Check if your phone is heating up (if it does, it's charging)

02-06-2010
RM-346
Nokia E71-1 (27)
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

I have the same problem. The phone is one week old and I have reload it every day. But today I woke up and the phone was not recharged. I tried to recharged it again and after five hors reloading I pulled out the charger. The battery was empty. I pulled the charger into the phone, but without set the charger into the wall. (No electricity was loaded). The phone was "laoading". How strange is that? 

I have tried to charged it with the enclosed extra adapter. The one that you can use together with a car-charger. Evan with that the phone is not loading.

Is it the battery that is **bleep**ed up or what? This is a week-old phone.....

Am I the only one with this problem? 

Please use plain text.
Registered Member

Same here... brand new phone, phone not charging. I tried with the regular charger and with the usb one...

Anybody knows something about this ? 

Please use plain text.
Registered Member

I bought the cell phone this week and I have the same problem.

Has someone solved this problem? Is there some news?

Please use plain text.
Registered Member

Same problem, It used to work but as of this morning my E52 doesn't recharge. When I connect I can see that it starts to recharge but after one time up and down I see the batery sign on the right top corner not moving anymore. I am using the USB cable.
Please use plain text.
Contributor

Same problem here but only with the adapter for older chargers...it starts charging but after the battery indicator goes two times up and down it gives a message "battery not charging''. I have the latest firmware installed.

Does someone from Nokia monitor these discussions? Or should I send an email to Nokia support?

Please use plain text.
Contributor

Just wonder if any of you actually got a solution and find out what is the actual problem. Got the same phone. Bought the phone on Aug 2009. I was travelling to Korea using and using the MircoUSB adapter. Phone just doesn't get charged. Brought back Malaysia, even the original charger also doesnt charge up the phone. So sent in for service, I thought that was the end of headache. Today, Jan 2010, travelling in Singapore. Same thing happen even with standard charger. Brought to Nokia Care centre and even their charger can charge up my battery. I ended buying a new battery for emergecy purpose and I wont be here for long time.

Someone from Nokia please look into it.

Please use plain text.

Same problem - but on holiidays -now I have no phone for the nexgt week. - Not good. 

Nokia's silence is deafening - do they bother to follow these issues ?

Please use plain text.
wopjes

Same problem; When i plug in the charger it says "battery not loading"  and something strange like "pull the charger out of the electricity supply to save battery"???????

Pulled it out and back in a few times... then suddenly it accepts... "battery loading".... but after a few seconds it just stops!

Pulled it out and back in a few times... and then my phone suddenly goes black... The on and off button only responds with a vibration... nothing happens... Battery in and out does not even help. When this happens i just have to leave it for some time (more than a hour..) and then it starts responding again... still left with a half empty battery and the show starts all over again... It keeps me going now for 2 days... Need to fix this problem soon!

Please use plain text.
wopjes

How to solve: the E52 Charging problem

[ Edited ]

In the "common problem " list there is something that could be similar: http://europe.nokia.com/support/repair-and-recycle/repair/common-problems#q06

If you have a near Nokia Care Point then this is probably the fastest way...

For me it is not and easy solution to go there. So i've just e-mailed my problem to Nokia.

In the Netherlands you can use this form: http://www.nokia.nl/support/contact-o1/vraag-het-aan-nokia

Cheers, Lisanne

Please use plain text.
Contributor

I got my fixed by sending into Nokia Care. They eventually change the whole mainboard. So farbeen using withour problem for last 1 month. Hopefully it will be like that forever.

Please use plain text.
wopjes

Re: How to solve: the E52 Charging problem

The e-mail i've send returned the same reply  "go to a near Nokia Care Point" to get a software update.
Well... I didn't go to an Nokia Care Point, after struggeling with the battery i've managed to do a software update by myself... unfortunately this didn't resolve the problem.

wopjes wrote:

In the "common problem " list there is something that could be similar: http://europe.nokia.com/support/repair-and-recycle/repair/common-problems#q06

If you have a near Nokia Care Point then this is probably the fastest way...

For me it is not and easy solution to go there. So i've just e-mailed my problem to Nokia.

In the Netherlands you can use this form: http://www.nokia.nl/support/contact-o1/vraag-het-aan-nokia

Cheers, Lisanne

Please use plain text.
Uskok

[ Edited ]

I am very disappointed with my e52. It has bugs, charging problem and speaker has gone to hell, all in 60 days. Next time I shall by a mobile phone made by any other manufacturer. Worst of all, I got it from my service provider, and I have to wait for 45 days to get it back repaired! My god, all of my contact are in that P.O.S. phone...

Please use plain text.
Sage

In what country do you live? If in the EU you are entitled to receive a complete new phone by law.

Please use plain text.
Uskok

Well, I live in Serbia, where anything can happen... Providers are protected more than polar bears... Being in EU geographically but not economically, culturally and politically is really annoying...

Please use plain text.