Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

E6-00 Belle - keyboard not responds - repetetive p...

Advisor
Njunji

E6-00 Belle - keyboard not responds - repetetive problem

I have Nokia E6-00 with Symbian Belle.  Last one week, everyday I am facing a strange problem.  It happens only once in a day.

If I receive a message or miss call, when I try to unlock the phone keyboard will be frozen.  Literally I am unable to type the password to unlock it.  However, touch screen, unlock key, symbol key & power key works.  Rest, no response.   I have waited for hours to come back this to normal.  No use

Finally, I have to restart phone by removing battery. 

This issue is re-occuring every day now.  What's the solution for this?

Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
Iris9290

Re: E6-00 Belle - keyboard not responds - repetetive problem

Hi Njunji,

Welcome to the Nokia forum.

If the touch screen fails from time to time, update or reinstall the current software. Connect your phone to Nokia Suite and click on the green arrow to see if any updates for your device are available. If there is none, you will have the option to reinstall the current software.

You can also hard reset the device if the above doesn't help, this will whipe any bugs off the phone. Make sure you make a back up with Nokia Suite first, as it will also whipe all your phone's data. When you make a back up, don't tick the Settings box, as this will reinstall the bug as soon as you put the back up back onto your phone. Now hard reset the device by entering *#7370# into your phone. The default security code is 12345, unless you have changed this code yourself.

Once you've done the above, the touch screen shouldn't fail anymore. If it does, please visit a local Nokia care centre where they can check the phone on any bugs or damage, it might be that the device has some external damage which cannot be fixed with a software update or hard reset. In that case they will be able to repair the phone for you. 

Let me know how you get on.

Iris9290

If my post has helped you in any way, please accept it as a solution or click on the white star, so that other users will be able to benefit from it too.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
sharadbajaj24

I am facing same problem and the only option i had that time is to pull out my battery and restart my phone this occurs 3-4 times in a week. I tried reinstalling the software but it did not worked,situation is same as before.

Nokia please look into this issue and give us a fix for this

Please use plain text.
Contributor
xCyberMagexx

Same problem here started to happening after latest update,randomly freezing phone not respond at all after shut down phone removed battery it back to normal .
Please use plain text.
Advisor
Njunji

Re-installing is not giving me a solution .. after a week or two of that I have had same problem today.  But this time, no message or no miss call.  Simply keyboards, especially number keys not responds.

I have to pull out the battery and put it back.  Somemore, I use up-to-date version. 

Can it be something else ?

Please use plain text.
bambam328

I have the same problem. But everytime I remove and replace the battery, the dates and time setting is reset. Is this normal?

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
yatins07

Dear All,

For the keyboard problem, or the phone getting freezed...

Please try to remove/delete or move your SMSes from Inbox & Sent to Folders... You will immediately feel the difference...

It worked for me...

Regards,
Yatin S.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
divayvingiani

nokia,

its my humble request to you to please re-enable the full functionality of the d-pad on the E6 as it was earlier on anna or may be better than that.. !!:smileyfrustrated:

Please use plain text.
Zerokoolz

Nokia-E6-00 Belle - keyboard not responds - repetetive problem...

Hey guys.i have Nokia E6 software Symbian Belle...but im facing problems with my phone that racing begins the keyboard stop working...it will refunction atfer i restart the phone...the problem begins be4 and it still after i upgraded the software...i took to a phone store next to my house he told it need to reinstal the software and cost me about 8$ i did but the problem was never solved...after restarting the phone by 2min it happens...everything work normaly touch screen unlock key...CAN ANY ONE HELP HOW TO SOLVE THE PROBLEM PLZZZZ!!!

Please use plain text.
Advisor
Njunji

Hi Yatin,

That's not a wise solution.  Because, I do not keep sms in my inbox and I have only important sms in my personal folder that also hardly 100messages.  Counting the fact that i have zero sms in inbox and sent items, I still face this problem.

Another fact, this freeze problem starts after I upgraded to Belle.  So, I doubt, it is some bugs within Belle and Nokia should have to come out with a solution.  One more thing as Nokia guys said here, try to reset:  Option can be try out, but the real problem, whatever software I paid for my mobile (e.g. quick office & adobe reader) cannot be re-installed and I have to pay again. 

Will Nokia take any option to re-install my paid software?  That's why I do not want to try out that feature.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
Nefertekas

[ Edited ]

I have been having the same problem! It happens almost every day, very annoying... My keys simply stop working, even though the touchscreen is still responsive, but I can only tap in the * and # keys. None of the others work!

Although I only had to remove the battery about four or five times, because usually after about a minute or two the keys will start working again. But It's SO annoying!

Please fix this! :smileysad:

also, has anyone else here been having this other problem?
I always have my WLan connections turned off except when I actually want to use the wireless, and when I do I just swipe down the quick menu in the main screen and turn on the WLan connection and tap into my prefferred network.

Thing is, even though I shut it down in that menu, and even in the WLan settings menu, my phone always has the antenna symbol showing that it is searching for available wireless networks.

It's weird and I'm worried it's eating up my battery. It lasts for about three days...when I had Nokia E5 it would last up to five days without breaking a sweat.

Anyone else always has that symbol constantly showing on the phone? I don't think it's normal!

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Jostian007

[ Edited ]

I'm so disappointed in my E6 after Belle, its a hatchet job (its like they took the N8 belle and did a quick hack job) there are so many little things that are not done properly or formatted right etc. Social doesnt work, I get tips for the camera talking about a camera button which the E6 doesn't even have, text input for sms's when you try type the name of who you are sending it to directly from the keyboard sometimes works sometimes not etc etc etc. And then Nokia are completely silent as to whether an update is coming to fix the mess that is Belle on the E6?? I've been a strong Nokia business phone supporter for 7 years but I'm so irritated with my E6 (with Belle) at present I think this will be my last Nokia...

Please use plain text.
Advisor
Njunji

Dear Iris,

Finally I had done hard reset as the problem getting worst.  Now, I lost everything.  I even't can't install OVI store & Maps.  I guess, I need to open another thread for that.  Are you able to advise, how to install OVI store?

Thanks in advance

Please use plain text.
Contributor
sharadbajaj24

Nokia please resolve this issue..this is getting worse , i have to restart my phone everyday :smileysad: ... i will never buy nor recommend Nokia to anyone now..
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Vitoro

Njunji wrote:

Dear Iris,

Finally I had done hard reset as the problem getting worst.  Now, I lost everything.  I even't can't install OVI store & Maps.  I guess, I need to open another thread for that.  Are you able to advise, how to install OVI store?

Thanks in advance

That's strange. I have done hard reset 2 times, but it only removed apps from E drive, which I've installed myself, leaving all Nokia integrated apps such as Store, Maps, Social etc on drive C as they were.

Have you tried to connect your phone to Nokia Suite via PC? Maybe it will fetch you Maps and Store through software update section? If it will not, then you may have to re-install Belle with Nokia Suite, I guess. 

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Vitoro

Nefertekas wrote:

Thing is, even though I shut it down in that menu, and even in the WLan settings menu, my phone always has the antenna symbol showing that it is searching for available wireless networks.

Are you sure that is a WiFi antenna symbol? Maybe it's a GSM antenna, like this:

http://europe.nokia.com/files/mcs/en_EU/nokia-e6-00/guide/qgn-prop-signal-icon.jpg

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Vitoro

As for the topic issue - I still have the problem with unresponsive keyboard, despite 2 hard resets and 2 Belle re-installations. It is 2 months from Belle release now, but Nokia is still not able to fix main issues.

Maybe this bug appears due to system conflict with some application(s), I don't know which, but, since I started using AppStop daily for shutting down all background apps, I now have this problem less often than before.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
Nefertekas

[ Edited ]

Vitoro wrote:

Are you sure that is a WiFi antenna symbol? Maybe it's a GSM antenna, like this:

http://europe.nokia.com/files/mcs/en_EU/nokia-e6-00/guide/qgn-prop-signal-icon.jpg

nope, that's not it I think... or if it is, it looks different in my phone. Here's an image of the symbol:

/discussions/attachments/discussions/communicators/104131/1/DSCF0733.JPG 

as for the keyboard thing... I'm afraid to do a reset, soft or hard. I guess I'll wait for an update (if there is one!), it's safer...and since it doesn't happen all the time, I guess I don't have to worry too much about this glitch. But it's so aggravating, I wish they'd just fix it!

Please use plain text.
Advisor
Njunji

sorry, the above reply was due to mobile kb was not recognizing  by d forum. g

Please use plain text.
Advisor
Njunji

Yes, please do not do any kind of reset/re-install; better wait for update from Nokia. I have enough now.

Btw, I tried to post the reply from mobile, the keyboard at one side not responding to this discussion forum (mobile version).  When typing, those keypads with numbers and symbols just show that numbers and symbol, not any english character.  Very strange.

Then I switched to full version in mobile, that was terrible.  Type one character, then keypad not responds, then I have to touch the screen, then type another character.  Fed up with that. :smileysad:

Please use plain text.