Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: E6 Back to Symbian Anna is a Popular Request

Advisor
FIRASALSHABIBI

E6 Back to Symbian Anna is a Popular Request

Nokia

Can we get an update back to Symbian Anna while Symbian Belle comes out without all the faults mention below?

Try it for a week and see the customers demand,

Please [-O< ,

We're loyal customers as an average this is the fifth device for each user,

I'm planning to sell the current and buy a new without the update :smileysad:

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
jimmyireland

This is not possible...

If  i have helped at all a click on the white star below would be nice thanks.

Now using the Lumia 1520
Please use plain text.
Contributor
plsbru

What about flashing your device via third party software? I know this would probably void the warranty and probably is not the most popular recommendation on these boards, but I would rather stay with a usable phone than a warranty that I hardly use. 

Please use plain text.
Sage

Of course, we could always go back to our E72s... (serious suggestion). Bug free, larger text, no connectivity glitches and much longer battery life. And an auto-focus camera! :Cool:
Steve Litchfield
3-Lib (Tips/resources/Info for Nokia smartphones and Communicators) plus All About Symbian
Please use plain text.
Contributor
E6LB

[ Edited ]

I remember they had a discussion on************ about flashing an old firmware (Anna!) over Belle (IIRC a leaked Belle) on a Nokia E7?!?

Cheers,

Lars

MODERATORS NOTE: Links/References to illegal software has been removed. Discussion of illegal third party software is not allowed on the forums as it could potentially damage Nokia devices and void any existing warranty. Please do not discuss or distribute illegal software on the official Nokia forums.

Please use plain text.
Sage
metal_might

-------------------------------
FIRASALSHABIBI:
I'm planning to sell the current and buy a new without the update :smileysad
-------------------------------

HAHAHA.

Have already done it. running 10th day with my new, glorious, wonderful, beautiful, lovely, sexy E7, PR1.0. Works like a Darling.

My other E7, since May2011: bellified & sick, awaits emergency surgery!
Please use plain text.
Sage

haha is a "Belled" phone only one step away from a "bricked" phone?

I'd suggest re-installing or rolling back to Anna firmware is only impossible because Nokia choose not to allow it. Ultimately all it involves is loading software into memory, there's nothing technically impossible about that. It would be an easy few minutes of a job for a care point to carry out.
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
typothecary

I am kicking myself for not visiting the forum before ruining my E6 with Belle. It's not a nightmare, but it's not the phone I wanted or bought., I HATE touch screens and they've disabled most of the big button functionality. I had a godawful experience with an N97 and swapped it for a completely touch-free C3-00. It was fine. I only got the E6 for xmas. It was a little more touch-screeny than the C3 but still not too evil. Now, with Belle, practically everything is on the wretched touchscreen, the font size on this forum is 1pt and i see no way of increasing it, I can't reassign the mail buttton to send texts, the old apps have new softkey locations - nothing major, just a LOT of awkward annoyances that didn't previously exist. In short, it's like a brand new phone and I want my old one back.
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Vitoro

No doubt, the default web browser in E6 Belle is absolutely useless, so I set Opera Mobile as default web browser under Settings/Application settings/Default applications. But all web links, which I open from e-mails, messages or some other apps are still being opened in Nokia browser.

Seriously, what the **bleep** is that ?!! What is the meaning of those "Default applications" settings, if this function is not working?

Please use plain text.
ashrafudr294

we want anna back. pls. & belle is useless oprating system.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
pepelemoco

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Jostian007

The E6 with Belle is a huge step back and nokia seem uninterested in releasing an update to address the many issues with the E6 running Belle, the Belle on the E6 seems to be a hatchet job of the N8's Belle, as there are many issues (formatting, screen size, connectivity, buttons etc.) with Belle on E6... and Nokia don't give a damn it seems.
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Jostian007

If I could go back to Anna I'd do it in a heartbeat...
Please use plain text.
Contributor
E6LB

OK, Nokia, just give us Anna functionality then (and a bit more).

At least make Belle look and function like Anna regarding notifications etc. and keep Belle under the hood. There is nothing wrong with Belle performance-wise.

However, to be honest Belle's (visual) notification concept, especially for new Emails, sucks - and blows at the same time! 

Therefore, as there is no proper visual Email notification I often have Nokia Mail as a "homescreen" so I can directly see new emails. I am working with the home, email, contacts and calendar buttons to navigate between the main apps I need most. So, basically all I do request are proper, professional notifications, both for Email and Calendar. 

I barely use more than two or three (of the six) home screens. Nokia Maps, Camera, Nokia City Lens, Opera Mini and Opera Mobile, Quickoffice. That’s one homescreen. I would like both Nokia Mail and Calendar to have fullscreen homescreen functionality - one homescreen each dedicated to Nokia Mail and Calendar plus the clock and date, email and calendar homescreen app from Nokia Anna for the E6's “home” screen. That would be awesome.

Cheers,

Lars 

Please use plain text.
Sage

By my amazing powers of perception and ability to read customer feedback I have concluded that Belle performance with an efficient Anna style user interface would make a lot of happy E6 owners.

I wonder if Nokia have concluded the same?

:smileywink:

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Jostian007

Nokia do not care, all these issues with Belle over last few months and no new FW updates etc to deal with any of the issues....
Please use plain text.
Sage

For more E6 homescreen examples, I've just put up a gallery, at http://www.allaboutsymbian.com/features/item/17599_Nokia_E6_homescreens_across_th.php , which may help some?

Steve Litchfield
3-Lib (Tips/resources/Info for Nokia smartphones and Communicators) plus All About Symbian
Please use plain text.