Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: E6 + Belle = most advanced Nokia's business ph...

Sage
hooker1uk

Re: E6 + Belle = most advanced Nokia's business phone ? :))))))))

I bet many of you said the same when going from windows 98 to xp or win7. Chill. The bugs and issues will be fed back to nokia, and they'll sort it. Be polite and they'll listen. Trust me.
Anna/Belle handsets : E6-00
s60 handsets : E71 grey steel, 6700slide Purple
s40 Handsets : Nokia C3-01, 6086, N6300.
JesusPad2 16gb, booklet3g (32gb ssd upgrade) eeepc701SD (64gb ssd) bauer mini laptop (32gb ssd)

Kudos is Nice - please. Pass it on, you'll make a geek happy
@hooker1uk (as a blogger my words do not represent the brands i work with unless stated otherwise.)
Please use plain text.
Sage

As promised, http://www.allaboutsymbian.com/features/item/14278_The_Nokia_E6_and_Belle-a_step_.php - hope it helps someone, or at least calms things down a little?
Steve Litchfield
3-Lib (Tips/resources/Info for Nokia smartphones and Communicators) plus All About Symbian
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
pellicle

reading this from my E72 I wonder what it is about the E72 (aside from your good memories) which would make you want to go there? I know the E6 has some budget restrictions, but the E72 isn't my idea of paradise.
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
pellicle

be polite is always a good suggestion , but "they'll listen" that part is wishful thinking
Please use plain text.
Sage

Because it's brilliant as a phone and communications device. Where the E72 falls down is when you need to do modern stuff like bring up full web pages or multimedia :Cool:
Steve Litchfield
3-Lib (Tips/resources/Info for Nokia smartphones and Communicators) plus All About Symbian
Please use plain text.
E6mobile

It is missing all the business features that ANA had. This is not a very good upgrade for business users. It sets you back.
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
hughm_nyksj_dk

I like my E6 but I'm glad I didn't have to hand over my E72 to get it. I miss Active notes - which I  use to make notes/ score quotes from radio broadcasts - and the card reader/scanner, so I have the E72 on an extra SIM designed for use with a laptop or iPad. I know which functions I have to avoid on the E72 so I have a pretty good pair of phones.

UK Ordnance Survey maps are brill on the E6, but the BBC news mobile version is much easier to read on the bus on the E72.

Perhaps I'm a bit thick, but I don't have the kind of brain that works well with devices that are not intuitive and there are niggles in Belle that fit that catgegory - like how do you replace the standard browser with Opera Mini?.

It is great not have the lock-ups and memory outages, but unlike Anna, Belle needs a brief introduction and I haven't found one ...

hughm_nyksj_dk
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
JWHK

Me too! I still keep me E72 and in most cases it is more reliable than E6.

What I actually want is a E72, with faster CPU and more RAM!

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
JWHK

I have another question.

Anyone knows what is the max size of attachment which can be opened in email? One of my friends sent me a photo taken by his iphone via email but when I tried to open that attachment, the phone said the file is too big. The file is 2.4M. Why a business phone (or the server) can't open a big (but not too big) file? In business we often sending/receiving file of 2-3M in size, thanks to the ever increasing pixel size in camera!

Please use plain text.
jkor

Then please be fair and also mention that if you did have issues with xp or win7 you could just ditch them and go back to 98 or whatever. 

What NOKIA is doing now is essentially making the hardware useless for some of us with belle. 

About being polite: they release some **bleep** and then I should be patient and polite while they sort it out (IF they sort it out, at all). And in the meantime I should just be content with what NOKIA, in their wisdom, think is good for me. You know, this is not my idea of company-customer relationships. At all.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
hughm_nyksj_dk

@JWHK

I've just sent a full size 3.8 MB jpg (bloated to 5.6 MB in attachment form) from my PC to my E6 which simply opened the attachment without comment. Pehaps your provider has doctored the phone / firmware so that it can't handle big files and thus not overburden the network?

Best

hughm_nyksj_dk
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
JWHK

Thanks hughm_nyksj_dk.

I think the problem is with Nokia server. When I use non-Nokia Push Mail client in the same phone, I can download big file, such as 4 MB. But I use Nokia Push Mail, I can't (using wifi, so nothing to do with the cellular operator)

Rgds

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
hughm_nyksj_dk

Hi

I sent the test photo to my E6 over Nokia push mail, which works perfectly (I mean no problems so far) for me on my E6 ...

Could it be that the photo was taken on an iPhone? Not to be nasty about the competition, but...

hughm_nyksj_dk
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
JWHK

Thanks again.

I tried both, photo taken by iphone and other camera but results are the same.

Don't know if Nokia has different policies for servers in different countries.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
hughm_nyksj_dk

I nearly suggested Nokia's policy from one country to another and then though "Nah", but maybe you're right? The plot thickens?

hughm_nyksj_dk
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
chakara

Belle is totally stupid.....Pls make a option to downgrade  ANNA....

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
BellX_1

It's been a long time now, and Nokia hasn't responded to anyone who wants to downgrade to Anna. There is only that do-it-yourself-option about which no information can be given here, and it is not suited for most business users (warranties, contracts, etc).

Buying a used E-series with Anna on it is an option. Or going back to an old phone. If you can't sell the E6 with Belle, it might just be better to put it out of sight to save yourself the daily annoyance while waiting for the contract to expire.

It is the end of an era. Nokia must be desparate to get rid of business users. Alll those (former) E6 users are now telling all their colleagues, business relations, partners, friends, children, parents, neighbours how they feel about Belle messing up their E6s and Nokias complete lack of understanding. A kind of negative viral marketing.

Nokia probably thinks it is too costly to design and develop products for critical customers who demand quality, usability and functionality. However excellent quality and function Nokia products offered in the past, that's just over now.

It will always remain a mystery how anyone in their right mind could release Belle for the E6. One look at an E6 with Belle, and you know it is a bad idea for such a tiny screen. One look at the customer base and you know the majority doesn't even have any use for a fast fun game-playing movie-watching gadget.

Yet Nokia thinks Belle is a good idea for E6 as well as N8. But there are no (phone) OS-es that suit every of type of hardware and every type of use. That is something a very big computer manufacturer already found out in 1975. Perhaps Nokia will learn that too.

Current N900 and former E6 user regretting Belle upgrade
--
Devices owned: 2110, 2110i, Cellular Data Card, 8110, 7110, 6210, 6310i, 6100, 9500, 6233, 5140i, 3109c, N900, E6-00
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
owca83

[ Edited ]

@BellX_1

I totally agree with you.

I've changed today my SIM from my 'new' E6 into my good old  E72(with EMail notifications!!!!)

There are too many bugs in E6 to work with that phone.

MODERATORS NOTE:  The profanities have been removed. Offensive language is not allowed on the forums. Please do not use offensive language on the forums

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Vitoro

I became completely tired of those ugly widgets, so I just removed them all, including the enormous clock. I have left only 2 homescreens, where I put my most used apps shortcuts. Will use hardkeys for accessing my e-mail and calendar. Such setup does not meet my needs and expectations, but is still better than using 1 widget per screen with constant screen scrolling.

And now I miss my old E63 with S60, which was about half price of, but still more user-friendly than Belle-equipped E6.

Please use plain text.
Professor
Ztuka

[ Edited ]

I do understand some of the concers but I would recomend you all to check up Nokia 701.

No qwerty though, but same size but overall now far better than E6. In short;

-widgets that are perfectly for this screen size

-notication light for missed calls and sms and with remindme even for emails

-the use of nokia sleeping screen is just so brilliant for missed calls and sms without ticking on the screen and locking up the phone

-great graphic processor.

-perfectly balanced in your palm

-removable battery on the fly

-3.5 screen which is bright and crispy

-almost no lagging at all and great streaming of videos over 3G

-upgradable processor to 1,3 mhz and of course HTML5 soon

-the whole Microsoft Mobile Office suite

-solid connectivty and of course quality of phone calls

-audio quality for music good enough. E6 is great in this aspect.

I would love Nokia to make a successor to E6 with at least 2.9 inch screen or something like that comes with upgraded hardware and even perhaps autofocus.

I think Nokia could managae that without making it so much bigger.

Many years ago Nokia built in the antenna, people said it was imposibble but Nokia did it.

Nokia can indeed make room for bigger screen in this device as qwerty never will be outdated for many users.

Just do it Nokia, show us that you still can be the market leader.

:smileywink:

I have been testing it out and I strongly prefer this device now over Nokia E6.

:smileywink:

-

Nokia 808 again (delight Belle), Nokia E7 and X7 ( again, all on Delight Belle...after some time on Nokia Lumia 925 (retired), 1020 (not that great)and Lumia 820 (Replaced my router at home, great for internet sharing).., N9 The best device ever (use it as much as Lumia 1020), Nokia 700 (Sport Phone/My Love :-) ) Nokia 701, Nokia E6 (Should have a follow-up from Nokia among with larger screen, NFC, Autofocus), Lumia 800 (Retired After 6 weeks), -Sports Tracker-Nokia Internet Radio-Handy Safe-Skype-Bambuser-Screenshot app pro-fMobi-ComingNext-Manual TaskSwitcher-jagiTimer-Easy StopWatch-Boldbeast-Equalizer-Financial Calculator-WiMP Music-YTasks-Davi-Thumbnail Folders-BizCalendar-Tiny7-Situations-nn reeder-Sport Timer-CameraLover-CameraPro-GrabRadio-LiveScore-Poddi-Gravity-SkyFilesPro
Please use plain text.