Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: E6 + Belle = most advanced Nokia's business ph...

Counsellor
JWHK

Re: E6 + Belle = most advanced Nokia's business phone ? :))))))))

Any Nokia Map in the Nokia 701?

Please use plain text.
Professor
Ztuka

[ Edited ]

Regarding my post of 701 as replacement for E6.

I am using Mobile documents for one email accont and 2 other with the built in email and coming next for calender events.

Pictures here for the widgets of Mobile documents, 2 email accounts and coming next.

Nokia 808 again (delight Belle), Nokia E7 and X7 ( again, all on Delight Belle...after some time on Nokia Lumia 925 (retired), 1020 (not that great)and Lumia 820 (Replaced my router at home, great for internet sharing).., N9 The best device ever (use it as much as Lumia 1020), Nokia 700 (Sport Phone/My Love :-) ) Nokia 701, Nokia E6 (Should have a follow-up from Nokia among with larger screen, NFC, Autofocus), Lumia 800 (Retired After 6 weeks), -Sports Tracker-Nokia Internet Radio-Handy Safe-Skype-Bambuser-Screenshot app pro-fMobi-ComingNext-Manual TaskSwitcher-jagiTimer-Easy StopWatch-Boldbeast-Equalizer-Financial Calculator-WiMP Music-YTasks-Davi-Thumbnail Folders-BizCalendar-Tiny7-Situations-nn reeder-Sport Timer-CameraLover-CameraPro-GrabRadio-LiveScore-Poddi-Gravity-SkyFilesPro
Please use plain text.
Professor
Ztuka

Of course there are maps. Even this;
http://betalabs.nokia.com/apps/nokia-maps-suite?oauth_consumer_key=74a64ac6c3d4b6e6197c9a335c97523b&...
Nokia 808 again (delight Belle), Nokia E7 and X7 ( again, all on Delight Belle...after some time on Nokia Lumia 925 (retired), 1020 (not that great)and Lumia 820 (Replaced my router at home, great for internet sharing).., N9 The best device ever (use it as much as Lumia 1020), Nokia 700 (Sport Phone/My Love :-) ) Nokia 701, Nokia E6 (Should have a follow-up from Nokia among with larger screen, NFC, Autofocus), Lumia 800 (Retired After 6 weeks), -Sports Tracker-Nokia Internet Radio-Handy Safe-Skype-Bambuser-Screenshot app pro-fMobi-ComingNext-Manual TaskSwitcher-jagiTimer-Easy StopWatch-Boldbeast-Equalizer-Financial Calculator-WiMP Music-YTasks-Davi-Thumbnail Folders-BizCalendar-Tiny7-Situations-nn reeder-Sport Timer-CameraLover-CameraPro-GrabRadio-LiveScore-Poddi-Gravity-SkyFilesPro
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
JWHK

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
owca83

[ Edited ]

@ZTUKA

Thanks, but me for example need a full qwerty keyboard. For my 2nd SIM there could be a touchscreen smartphone like 701 or lumia but not for my main SIM.(-or even better an Android device)

But why should i buy a new nokia, when my new nokia e6 is totally  #%#^$%#^ = 'NOT GOOD ENOUGH to be called Businessphone'?

I spent too much money on that nokia device.. and I think NEVER AGAIN!

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Vitoro

@Ztuka

Your recommendation of Nokia 701 is well appreciated, but E6 is not even 1 year old yet, I bought mine 4 months ago, so I think spending 300 euros for a new phone every half year makes no sense, in case you are not a millionaire. I would rather spend 600-800eur for iPhone and use it for at least 2 years.

I am now losing my faith in Nokia. This E6 will be my last Nokia phone, If they won't make improvements to Belle.

Please use plain text.
lee_best

[ Edited ]

The Nokia Asha 302 is not an adequate replacement for the E6, in my opinion after having a run through a demo unit.

In my opinion, I feel that the 302 is very 'childish' when I am so used to the functionality of my E6 for the last 6 months.

I was given a Nokia Lumia 800 but was so restricted by the functionality. However, the power issue I faced (switching on!) sent me back to my E6!

Belle is a great update in terms of the totally new format. However, like a number of other users have mentioned, an Email, Calendar and Clock widget on one screen are the minimum expectations for a business device such as this.

As it stands, if Nokia gave me the option to downgrade to Anna, I would downgrade in an instant!

Please use plain text.
MD_slo

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
patinson

nice..thank u.....
Please use plain text.
Contributor
cDubbleyoO

Where is this split screen function you're talkking about?

maybe this has something to do with my phone being stuck on the 0622 update from 12/2011? 

Please use plain text.
Contributor
mailsforkc

My problem is with my ovi store launcher. I lost ovi icon in my main menu and home screen widget. Please i want it back into my E6 but dnt knw wht to do. Although the application is still in the phone as viewed frm applicatn manager yet cant access it cause no visible icon
Please use plain text.
Professor
Ztuka

mailsforkc

Have you tried to do a soft reset?

meny-settings-phone-phone management-fabric resets (something like that)-restore

Please use plain text.
Professor
Ztuka

Back for daily use of E6 again..Belle is overall a huge advantage to Anna regarding speed, stability. Especially the email client is faster and multitaskingwhen for example listening to webradio and reading emails.

The annoying thing is the removal of the webdav client and of course lack of small email icons that showing if email has arrived. It works on Nokia 701 Belle but not on E6. The standard email widget...why so much space inside the widget and why is the name of the email account showed on the widget. what a waste of space.

Furthermore the annoying big widgets that takes more than 50% on the width on the screen. Only 2 rows also on the screen fits. Well, more cosmetic things could be better but overall a huge step forward even for E6.

I certainly would like a follow up E6 with bigger screen.

2,9 inch the possibilty to use landscape mode therefore when watching video for instance.

Of course a updated gpu, cpu and ram would also therefore be more than wellcome but scrrensize to around 2,9-3,00 inch cant be impossible and still have almost the physical format.

I do love the most about E6 and the qwerty is absolute fabolous but for webbing it is simply to small..

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Phantom3D

I have to agree on stability. The Nokia E6-00 Offers so much other smartphones do not have. I went from sensation XE back to E6. Mostly due to the fantastic keyboard, the great mail progs, the super great flashlight ( I use it ALOT) and most of all, the battery life seems twise or so better than the HTC sensation!
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Vitoro

And I cannot agree on stability, because quite often the keyboard of my E6 is not responding and slide lock is not working. Tried soft/hard reset and reinstalled the Belle, but no help. There were no such issues with Anna.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Jostian007

Yes, I agree, its like they put effort into getting Belle sorted for the N8 and then just dumped  Belle onto the E6, there are so many formatting, integration issues its a joke, even the sign in button for the nokia acct is cut in half by the bottom of the screen, battery life has halved compared to Belle and if this is the best Nokia can do for their "Business Phone" I pity them...:smileymad:

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Jostian007

battery life cut in half, formatting and integration of functionality very poorly done (sign in button for Nokia acct cut in half by bottom of screen, and many more formatting integration & issues and bugs)... no Belle on the E6 is a hatchet job compared to the effort put into Belle for the N8!
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Jostian007

AND why the icons so big on homescreens?? with no option to choose between 2 or 3 sizes, and no way to put them closer together, so instead of getting 12 or so one CAN only get 8, LET ME DECIDE NOKIA!!!

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Jostian007

Anna was much more stable, with more homescreen options i.t.o setup and look, now one CAN only have 8 icons, one CANNOT move them closer together to get more on, one CANNOT change size of icons, WHY are icons so big compared to menu??? no sorry, I loved my E6 with Anna but they (Nokia) have thrown the proverbial baby out with the bathwater, taken away the good stuff and added new stuff that a) doesn't work properly (formatting/integration) or b) has taken the option of me being able to set up the look of the phone the WAY I WANT IT away!! No, Belle is a step backward indeed...

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Phantom3D

True, that is a big problem. I use 3 mail accounts and a calander for work.  I also want the musicplayer.. not much room for the other programs.

Please use plain text.